BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Saturdays - Reunion, Not happening any time soon
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Oct 24 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,182

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a8413...y-reunion-2019/

The Saturdays' Una Healy teases a reunion could be happening in 2019

Remember that girl group before Little Mix? They were called The Saturdays and they released some songs, and then they did some reality TV stuff after going on 'hiatus' in 2014.

Well, one of the girls from the group, Una Healy, has teased a potential reunion.

"I talk to the girls all the time and we say we'll probably do a reunion," she told Celebs Now. "If I was to call it – I'd love to do it and I know a couple of the others are really keen as well – it would be at least two years away."

She also opened up about fellow bandmate Mollie King, who is now dancing around on Strictly Come Dancing.

"Mollie's doing so brilliantly, I'm so proud of her. She deserves to be in the final – she's up there with the best of them," said Una.

"She's loving it. It's quite a challenge for her as people assume that because she's come from a performing background [she would find it easier], but she's learning all the time. She's not big-headed at all.

Speaking of Mollie, she echoed Una's sentiments recently when she said: "There could be another Saturdays single in a couple of years."

And it looks like all the old pop bands are at it, as Blue's Simon Webbe recently said he's reuniting with fellow members Lee Ryan, Duncan James and Antony Costa to make new music.

"We're in the studio – we can't give an exact date – but we are in the studio recording new music!" he recently revealed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Oct 24 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

2019? People have a hard time as it is in 2017 remembering who they are!

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Oct 24 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I’m more excited that Blue are recording more music!! heart.gif w00t.gif yahoo.gif cheer.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 24 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Probably two years away because that gives enough time to allow babies and more singles to be released from Mollie/Una/Vanessa solo ventures. They won't chart again but I'd be here for new music anytime.

+Quote Post
bpdbryan
post Oct 24 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 19,938
   No Gallery Pics

All Fired Up tour dvd finally coming in 2019... 😂

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 24 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(allfiredup93 @ Oct 24 2017, 02:34 PM) *
All Fired Up tour dvd finally coming in 2019... 😂

It's ridiculous how this has become a bit of a running joke isn't it laugh.gif should have released this just before 30 Days.

+Quote Post
DoggySwami
post Oct 24 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,950
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SeanmanjiGrey @ Oct 24 2017, 01:59 PM) *
Probably two years away because that gives enough time to allow babies and more singles to be released from Mollie/Una/Vanessa solo ventures. They won't chart again but I'd be here for new music anytime.

Basically. Una will most likely release a second album next year and the rest of them are busy for the moment, so 2019 makes sense.

I have always seen them very likely to follow Blue's example and release self-funded music and making it profitable with endorsements. They are doing a good job at keeping a decent presence in the media, and their Spotify plays are really good.

This post has been edited by DoggySwami: Oct 24 2017, 06:17 PM

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 24 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(DoggySwami @ Oct 24 2017, 07:15 PM) *
Basically. Una will most likely release a second album next year and the rest of them are busy for the moment, so 2019 makes sense.

I have always seen them very likely to follow Blue's example and release self-funded music and making it profitable with endorsements. They are doing a good job at keeping a decent presence in the media.

Una is most definitely going to get the most number of tracks, singles or albums out. Decca seem to have pushed her more than I expected with two singles, featuring on tracks and of course, her album seeing the time of day!

I do think they should go down the Blue route, or even McFly as earlier comparisons around 2014/15 with smaller shows for more dedicated fans.

+Quote Post
P@ul
post Oct 24 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,742
   No Gallery Pics

I think it's clear that Una, Mollie and possibly Frankie are the three who would definitely be up for it with the other two less enthusiastic.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 24 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Paul!!!!! Welcome back stranger! cheer.gif

You’re probably right although financially I reckon Rochelle wouldn’t need it as much due to her evergrowing ventures and endorsements.

+Quote Post
(Zach)
post Oct 25 2017, 01:19 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 18,512

A reunion would be so interesting now that they have developed their individual styles. It would be more like five independent women performing together as opposed to a manufactured pop group.

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Oct 25 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #12
Julian Nial
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE((Zach) @ Oct 25 2017, 02:19 AM) *
A reunion would be so interesting now that they have developed their individual styles. It would be more like five independent women performing together as opposed to a manufactured pop group.

Exactly! That's why I always find band reunions so interesting, you start seeing them each as individual artists in a kind of Super-Group!

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 26 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Juliano @ Oct 25 2017, 01:21 PM) *
Exactly! That's why I always find band reunions so interesting, you start seeing them each as individual artists in a kind of Super-Group!

Mollie would so be the new face of the group, she and Una have easily had the most exposure since the hiatus. I feel Rochelle at the moment is just a continuation as it's nothing new with her presenting and radio stuff.

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Oct 27 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #14
Julian Nial
   No Gallery Pics

Had a dream last night this happened, so had to check here to see if my psychic powers are working for me. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 27 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member

It’s a sign *.*

I wouldn’t be surprised if this so called discussion happened back when they got together for Mollies birthday.

+Quote Post
DoggySwami
post Oct 31 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,950
   No Gallery Pics

If they do come back with more music apart from a single, I would love them to revisit the R&B sound Vanessa has been doing and Una's acoustic pop. Although I bet their comeback single would be a pop banger to satisfy fans.

+Quote Post
(Zach)
post Nov 1 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member

The Saturdays going in either of those directions musically would be an absolute disaster. Something with an R&B tinge could work, but they will forever be considered a pure pop/dance act. If/when they do come back they'll need something very trendy and "of the moment" to make a splash sadly.

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Nov 1 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #18
Julian Nial
   No Gallery Pics

I hope whatever it is, it actually makes a big splash! They need to find a hit, something similar to what Xenomania is doing at the moment is just not going to cut it or so prove me wrong.

I do have a feeling that a comeback would only mean a single though for some reason, I would DREAM to see another album though with just killer pop tunes maybe with a bit of a dancey/R&B edge to some of the tracks. They know what the fans want. A second Platinum album is possible ladies!

+Quote Post
(Zach)
post Nov 1 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Juliano @ Nov 1 2017, 05:22 PM) *
I hope whatever it is, it actually makes a big splash! They need to find a hit, something similar to what Xenomania is doing at the moment is just not going to cut it or so prove me wrong.

I do have a feeling that a comeback would only mean a single though for some reason, I would DREAM to see another album though with just killer pop tunes maybe with a bit of a dancey/R&B edge to some of the tracks. They know what the fans want. A second Platinum album is possible ladies!

I was with you until that last sentence! Silver yes, but don't see them ever managing anything more.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 3 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I doubt any album would ever make a ripple. Single on the other-hand would fare similarly to WAYWF me thinks.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:06 AM