BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Apple Thread, News, Rumours and General Chat
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Sep 13 2017, 08:19 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Tuesday 12th September 2017

Yesterday, Apple hosted it's very first event from the newly completed Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California, USA.

There, various products and features were shown, and this is what has been revealed. Click on links to see more information from Apple's website.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Sep 13 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #2
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

The new design looks very Samsung (who incidentally already have the face recognition technology - which is a total gimmick of course!)

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Sep 13 2017, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Sep 13 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

I have the Galaxy S8. Watching this yesterday I was like, yeah Samsung have done all this already laugh.gif

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Sep 13 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

That epic fail at not being able to access his phone on stage! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Sep 13 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #5
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

The X does look very fancy. Love how pretty much the whole face is a screen and they aren’t making the phone less portable for it. Not sure about the notch at the top when in landscape but apparently they will only fill the screen up to where it starts so there’s not a block covering up the screen laugh.gif the VR and animoji things look pretty fun once in a while I guess but I’m not fussed on the face ID thing, in fact I’d rather have it disables lmao. Not sure how many others would agree but I’m all for getting rid of the Home button tongue.gif especially if it means more screen as already mentioned.

But I’ll keep hold of my 6S for a while yet as it’s already pretty decent for current smart phones today and I could do without spending more money needlessly :’) it’ll probably be my next upgrade when the 12 or whatever it’ll be called is new and the X is going cheap tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Sep 13 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #6

The iOS 11 is pretty neat though, looks sleeker on the lock screen and the customisation of the control center is sic and the music/video player that opens in a web browser has been upgraded to my favour cheer.gif it seems to support GIFs in Photos now which I didn’t know they only just enabled laugh.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Sep 14 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #7
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I was considering upgrading my handset from iPhone 6 to the 7 when the new phones were announced but I think i may get the 8 instead. On the Apple website it says the 7 has 32 or 128gb. The 32gb won't be enough as I currently have 64gb and the 128gb is more than I want to pay. The iPhone 8 however has 64gb for not much more per month, so I'm going to go for that biggrin.gif
I've got a good deal on a vodafone contract thanks to my sister wub.gif so I only need to buy the handset

The X looks really nice and I wish I could afford that, maybe on my next upgrade when it might be cheaper laugh.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 14 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #8
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I won't be upgrading. My iPhone 5 is still good enough as it is, the larger screen, Face ID and animated emojis do not justify the thousand pound price tag.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Sep 14 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #9
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

I'd like an X but I have a perfectly good 6S that I can easily get another year out of. May upgrade to an 8S or whatever is out at that time in a year.

They explained away the Face ID not working easily enough though. Other staff had been handling the phone prior to going on stage and so it was scanning for a specific face. After a while it will revert to passcode if it doesn't recognise your face.

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Sep 14 2017, 02:09 PM
Post #10

I know the face ID thing is still buggy but if that gets sorted out will it not unlock if you hold a (decent quality) picture to the camera? ohmy.gif unless the camera update is really as good as they say tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 14 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

The prices are getting ridiculous, I would not pay nearly £1000 for a phone laugh.gif I have a OnePlus which is under half that price and performs as well as an iphone 6 or even 7 in some cases, ofc this will be another level but it's nothing I'd pay £600 more for.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Sep 14 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #12
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

I'm not planning on upgrading any time soon. Not when I've just shelled out £770 for an iPad Pro. No way I pay more for a phone

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Sep 14 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #13
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

£1000 is extortionate!!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Sep 14 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #14
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

For once, I don't need to worry about how out of date my phone is as I got a 6s last year, still works fine and is wonderful so I have no use for this. The X looks pretty unnecessary anyway.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Sep 14 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

There was a feature I was hoping they would reveal but didn't. I wanted Apple to introduce Duel-Sim capabilities allowing someone to make and receive calls from 2 different numbers so that I could keep my personal number and business number on the same device rather than carrying two phones on me. Not this time though. mad.gif

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Sep 14 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #16

I'm still forever waiting for the feature that lets you play videos across the iOS e.g. how a Youtube video can be put in the corner within its app; it would be real neat if videos (from any app) could do the same when browsing other apps or the home screen *.*

+Quote Post
Silas
post Sep 14 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #17
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(SouthsideSpinner @ Sep 14 2017, 09:41 PM) *
I'm still forever waiting for the feature that lets you play videos across the iOS e.g. how a Youtube video can be put in the corner within its app; it would be real neat if videos (from any app) could do the same when browsing other apps or the home screen *.*

My iPad does that!

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Sep 14 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #18
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I know it's never coming back but I'm not upgrading further than the 6s until they allow the charging of the phone whilst listening through headphones without having to pay extra for an adaptor.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Sep 14 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #19
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

I'm gonna hold out on upgrading from my 6 for as long as that's feasible for the same reason. I still don't get how removing the headphone jack was supposed to be a good idea.

I see the iPhone X is removing the home button as well - I swear they're just trying to make the phone more and more awkward and restrictive every generation now. :/

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Sep 14 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #20

Totally forgot about the removal of the headphone jack laugh.gif why didn’t they remove the lightning instead and have it work like the 3rd gen iPod shuffle? magic.gif still means you can only do one thing at a time but you aren’t messing around with adapters.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:29 PM