BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
52 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Coronavirus Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post 28th October 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #561
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Oct 28 2020, 06:04 PM) *
Shall I hold off re-joining my gym for another 6 months then lol can't be affording to piss more money away...

Most gyms won’t charge you during a lockdown period. Mine didn’t in the initial lockdown and aren’t during this one either.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
fchd
post 28th October 2020, 06:51 PM
Post #562
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,639

And if they do it for Christmas, they've got to offer similar "carrots" for major religious festivals of all other faiths.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 28th October 2020, 07:02 PM
Post #563
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

The closer they wait to Christmas to do a mini lockdown/circuit breaker, the more resistance they'll get. I think they really should've done what Wales did and have a two week circuit breaker/all counties on Tier 3 during the half term break as for one week, school students will be off anyway and teachers can work from home. I'm not opposed to one at this stage (doesn't seem like anything else will work at all until the weather gets better), but if they are planning one, they need to get on with it.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 28th October 2020, 07:12 PM
Post #564
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

From BBC News

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE will be plunged into a 'TIER 3 plus' lockdown on Friday - with extra new rules including shutting beauty salons, a 9pm booze curfew and even a ban on shisha.

The area will face the toughest lockdown in the country with a string of new closures and extra rules for 800,000 people.

It comes as hospitals in the area have been forced to cancel operations and infection rates across the region are spiralling out of control.

The Tier 3 lockdown will apply to Nottingham, Broxtowe, Gedling, and Rushcliffe, Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Mansfield and Newark and Sherwood, meaning a total of 828,000 people will have tougher restrictions.

That brings the number of people under extra rules in England to 8.3milion by the weekend.

The area will face even tougher rules than Greater Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and South Yorkshire.

Drinkers will face a 9pm curfew buying alcohol in shops, but will be allowed to carry on in pubs until 10 - as long as they are having a substantial meal.

All hospitality will have to serve "substantial meals" or will be told to close down and do take-away and delivery only.

Shisha sharing will be banned in cafes, and - close contact services like tattoo parlours, tanning and nail salons and piercing services.

Hairdressers and leisure centres can remain open, but group classes will be discouraged.

Betting shops, car boot sales and auction houses must close too.

This post has been edited by Sixth Sense: 28th October 2020, 07:18 PM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 28th October 2020, 07:13 PM
Post #565
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Can't see a 9pm off-licence closing time going down well. Can see us having Tiers 4 and 5 like Ireland soon. sad.gif

I must be naive as I have no idea what shisha is. At a guess, food you share, nibbles, like tapas?

This post has been edited by Sixth Sense: 28th October 2020, 07:18 PM

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 28th October 2020, 07:31 PM
Post #566
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

QUOTE(Sixth Sense @ Oct 28 2020, 07:13 PM) *
Can't see a 9pm off-licence closing time going down well. Can see us having Tiers 4 and 5 like Ireland soon. sad.gif

I must be naive as I have no idea what shisha is. At a guess, food you share, nibbles, like tapas?

Its a pipe that is used for smoking. It's a North African tradition I believe.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 28th October 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #567
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Is there a difference between tier 3 and tier 3+?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 28th October 2020, 08:58 PM
Post #568
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Well if anyone wants some grim reading, this is what the Telegraph are claiming in papers not released to the public yet

Downing Street is privately working on the assumption that the second wave of coronavirus will be more deadly than the first, with the death toll remaining high throughout the winter.

An internal analysis of the projected course of the second wave is understood to show deaths peaking at a lower level than in the spring but remaining at that level for weeks or even months.

It is understood that the projection – provided by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) – has led to intense lobbying from Sir Patrick Vallance and other Government advisers for Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson to take more drastic action.

"It's going to be worse this time, more deaths," said one well-placed source. "That is the projection that has been put in front of the Prime Minister, and he is now being put under a lot of pressure to lock down again."

Separately, Sage has warned that all of England will need to be under Tier 3 Covid-19 restrictions by mid-December scuppering Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's hopes for a normal Christmas.

Buckle up everyone.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 28th October 2020, 09:07 PM
Post #569
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Deaths are lower because of the way the count them now within the 28 day period criteria

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 28th October 2020, 09:16 PM
Post #570
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Oct 28 2020, 09:07 PM) *
Deaths are lower because of the way the count them now within the 28 day period criteria

They haven’t really fixed how deaths are counted. They’re were supposedly being count as Covid deaths if tested positive no matter what the cause of death so they shaved a few thousand off our total. But they’re still counting this way just with a cut off point of 28 days.

So some people Covid actually killed aren’t counted because they took to long to die and there are still deaths that are counted which shouldn’t be.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 28th October 2020, 10:07 PM
Post #571
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Yeh that’s my points it’s ridiculous as some only enter icu in week three of the virus

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 28th October 2020, 10:18 PM
Post #572
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

QUOTE(Crypt of the Wombat @ Oct 28 2020, 07:02 PM) *
The closer they wait to Christmas to do a mini lockdown/circuit breaker, the more resistance they'll get. I think they really should've done what Wales did and have a two week circuit breaker/all counties on Tier 3 during the half term break as for one week, school students will be off anyway and teachers can work from home. I'm not opposed to one at this stage (doesn't seem like anything else will work at all until the weather gets better), but if they are planning one, they need to get on with it.

Unfortunately, I think the time has now passed for a short circuit breaker to be truly effective. It feels inevitable that we're heading towards a mixture of Tier 3 and a probably a new harsher Tier 4 for the whole of England for weeks maybe months on end which *may* have been avoidable if the government acted quicker and more decisively (basically the exact same story as the first wave of the disease) in putting into place a short two week lockdown as the scientists had advised.

I look forward to seeing who the government will try to blame and scapegoat this time round.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 28th October 2020, 10:29 PM
Post #573
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Botchia @ Oct 28 2020, 10:18 PM) *
Unfortunately, I think the time has now passed for a short circuit breaker to be truly effective. It feels inevitable that we're heading towards a mixture of Tier 3 and a probably a new harsher Tier 4 for the whole of England for weeks maybe months on end which *may* have been avoidable if the government acted quicker and more decisively (basically the exact same story as the first wave of the disease) in putting into place a short two week lockdown as the scientists had advised.

I look forward to seeing who the government will try to blame and scapegoat this time round.

Marcus Rashford and activist lawyers.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 28th October 2020, 11:54 PM
Post #574
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Agreed, it probably needs to be 3-4 weeks. Just praying there is light at the end of the tunnel soon.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 29th October 2020, 12:09 AM
Post #575
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

I mean most of us saw the signs way back at the start of September and they've just bided their time by throwing darts at a map and giving wherever it landed a nice little mini lockdown where absolutely nothing changes. And now we're kind of passed the point of no return. I can't keep up with the changing messaging. "Eat Out to Help Out" should never have happened... schools shouldn't even be open and if they are they should at least wear masks, I don't know why they think kids shouldn't have to? Mind boggling

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 29th October 2020, 07:54 AM
Post #576
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Kids do have to unless they're under 11 I believe.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th October 2020, 08:07 AM
Post #577
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Oct 29 2020, 07:54 AM) *
Kids do have to unless they're under 11 I believe.

The only masks they'll want to wear will be Hallowe'en masks. tongue.gif To be honest hardly anyone here's bothering with masks now, either on buses or in shops. Wife says most do on Tube though but she only goes on it once a week.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th October 2020, 08:23 AM
Post #578
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

From CNN:

"Wednesday's Coronavirus cases in the US hit a new daily record on Worldometer at 81571. That's 27% above last Wednesday's number.

The 7 day moving daily average is 75,323 - it never reached 70,000 in the first wave.

Deaths up over 1,000 again for the last 2 days (1055, 1030) though not rising anywhere near as fast as cases at the moment. None of this looks good for Trump in the last week before the election.

A million tests a day are being done now."

This post has been edited by Sixth Sense: 29th October 2020, 08:27 AM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th October 2020, 08:29 AM
Post #579
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Salty Melody @ Oct 28 2020, 07:31 PM) *
Its a pipe that is used for smoking. It's a North African tradition I believe.

Thanks.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 29th October 2020, 09:19 AM
Post #580
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Sixth Sense @ Oct 29 2020, 08:07 AM) *
The only masks they'll want to wear will be Hallowe'en masks. tongue.gif To be honest hardly anyone here's bothering with masks now, either on buses or in shops. Wife says most do on Tube though but she only goes on it once a week.

In fairness, I see people in masks wherever I go. I’ve been in a local lockdown and now full lockdown for a month though so I’ve only really been to the local shop and work.

Staff wear masks in communal areas at our school (except for the two anti mask TAs we have) and children are supposed to as well but we always have to remind them. I’m not certain masks would work in lessons, I’d wear a visor all day but not a mask. If we could have social distance like we did in Wales in July it would be much better but they don’t want to invest in that.

+Quote this post

52 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:40 AM