BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> New Forum: Rita Ora
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jan 12 2018, 01:33 PM
Post #1
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

hi.gif

As some of you may be aware, the Robbie Williams and Take That forums have merged together. The forum will be headed by jay727 and pippa, who were in charge of the standalone Take That forum, and hopefully a soon-to-be-decided Robbie fan to complete the team biggrin.gif I wish them the best of luck with the new arrangement! Thanks to Jade and Cameron for their, ahem, hard work with the standalone Robbie forum kink.gif

This leaves space for a new forum. The new Rita Ora forum is available to view here, with Joe and Jay joining myself as moderators!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Jan 12 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #2
on a bench in coney island
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Such a great addition, great choice.
Definitely my favourite UK pop star and she’s doing amazingly at the moment 🙌🏼

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 12 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #3
Hisses to my exes who don't give a hiss about me
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Good decision. The Take That forum was not big enough to stand on its own and also Rita has started a recent chart revival plus has a considerable discography to discuss too.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jan 12 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #4
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

I'm sorry and I'm sure I'll get loads of sarky smile.gif kinda comments for this but why do we need to automatically replace Take That with a shoehorned new forum?? Let's be real, of the new forums only Taylor, Dua and Spice Girls have really worked, Justin, Ari and (as much as I love her) Zara aren't pulling in much discussion. Rita has never got much discussion on here minus her singles, even her highly hyped new single with a member of a band with a forum on here has only got 4 pages combined. What is Rita Ora going to bring in discussion for when she has nothing out, I'm sure if she'd had forum during her break from X Factor to Your Song it would have been like a desert. And nothing against any of the Rita mods, they're all lovely people but they also mod about 3000 other forums, why not give a chance to someone like Cqm who's also a Rita fan?

Don't jump on me, I love Rita and I want this to work but I just can't see it working!

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Jan 12 2018, 04:15 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 12 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #5
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Ooooh! Very excited. Also glad that I no longer need to watch over the Robbie forum. It was 'hard work' kink.gif. Good luck to the mods of the new forum!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 12 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #6
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

Yeah I can't see this working out at all. She doesn't get that much attention when she releases and there'd be nothing to talk about inbetween. Doesn't seem thought out at all, just an excuse for people to get another AF to mod in.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 12 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jan 12 2018, 04:10 PM) *
I'm sorry and I'm sure I'll get loads of sarky smile.gif kinda comments for this but why do we need to automatically replace Take That with a shoehorned new forum?? Let's be real, of the new forums only Taylor, Dua and Spice Girls have really worked, Justin, Ari and (as much as I love her) Zara aren't pulling in much discussion. Rita has never got much discussion on here minus her singles, even her highly hyped new single with a member of a band with a forum on here has only got 4 pages combined. What is Rita Ora going to bring in discussion for when she has nothing out, I'm sure if she'd had forum during her break from X Factor to Your Song it would have been like a desert. And nothing against any of the Rita mods, they're all lovely people but they also mod about 3000 other forums, why not give a chance to someone like Cqm who's also a Rita fan?

Don't jump on me, I love Rita and I want this to work but I just can't see it working!

It's also worth considering that Justin, Ari and Zara are inbetween eras right now, let's see how they pick up when new material starts flowing in. Rita's very popular on Buzzjack, she has a huge fanbase here and lots of potential avenues to discuss. Joe, Jay and I are huge fans too and we're excited to get the forum off to a good start. We wouldn't have created a forum for Rita if we weren't confident it would be a success.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 12 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 12 2018, 04:17 PM) *
Yeah I can't see this working out at all. She doesn't get that much attention when she releases and there'd be nothing to talk about inbetween. Doesn't seem thought out at all, just an excuse for people to get another AF to mod in.

I think the last comment is quite unfair, this was agreed by management as being a worthwhile venture regardless of who the moderators were. Rita's highly popular right now and is possibly more popular than she ever has been, and with a new album finally coming + a tour and numerous other ventures, I think there'll be plenty to discuss.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 12 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #9
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(JosephSivan @ Jan 12 2018, 05:18 PM) *
It's also worth considering that Justin, Ari and Zara are inbetween eras right now, let's see how they pick up when new material starts flowing in. Rita's very popular on Buzzjack, she has a huge fanbase here and lots of potential avenues to discuss. Joe, Jay and I are huge fans too and we're excited to get the forum off to a good start. We wouldn't have created a forum for Rita if we weren't confident it would be a success.

Begs the question of why they were given a forum in the first place then. All these "oh we'll make it a success there's so much to talk about" excuse has been used over and over and for the most part has failed miserably.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jan 12 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #10
is in hibernation

QUOTE(JosephSivan @ Jan 12 2018, 04:18 PM) *

Well yeah but other forums are in even worse circumstances than them and are still doing better. The Saturdays haven't released an album for almost FIVE YEARS (and their solo efforts haven't exactly been headline grabbing) and they're doing well, Madonna isn't doing much and is keeping a good discussion and Gaga is also doing well.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 12 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 12 2018, 04:21 PM) *
Begs the question of why they were given a forum in the first place then. All these "oh we'll make it a success there's so much to talk about" excuse has been used over and over and for the most part has failed miserably.

I don't think any of the new forums have failed, obviously *any* artist forum would be quieter between eras but when new material does arrive, and I'm sure it's not far off for Ariana at the very least, the forum is ready and waiting. No matter what, Ariana, Zara and Justin forums look much better to new members than U2, Elvis and Darius!

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jan 12 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #12
is in hibernation

This is one of the situations where opening the features request forum again would do us good. Not to have a vote but a general discussion with the community about the merits or otherwise of it because a new forum shouldn't just be discussed with a tight bunch of moderators but the whole community as they want what's best for the site just like the mods do.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 12 2018, 04:29 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I think this is a good idea for whilst Rita is active; I can see it being a similar success to Dua tbh. I also approve of the idea that's been discussed before though about 'revolving AFs' where another artist replaces an AF that is no longer getting activity. I think it works having an 'artist of the moment' so to speak to have a forum as it encourages more discussion than just a general topic would have, but when the era is over, they just don't have the back catalogue or hardcore fanbase to keep the forum going in between eras.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jan 12 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #14
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Great idea, to be honest, Rita is very popular on the forum and clearly still has a fanbase otherwise she wouldn't have managed to obtain two hit singles after such a long period away. The criticism of Ari, Justin and Zara is unfair. Ari and Justin are not in a current era right now so of course, they will not have as much to talk about. In fact, I would say Ari forum is ready and waiting. We just need the era information and then it is good to go. Zara just finished an era so to speak.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jan 12 2018, 04:49 PM
Post #15
is in hibernation

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Jan 12 2018, 04:45 PM) *
Great idea, to be honest, Rita is very popular on the forum and clearly still has a fanbase otherwise she wouldn't have managed to obtain two hit singles after such a long period away. The criticism of Ari, Justin and Zara is unfair. Ari and Justin are not in a current era right now so of course, they will not have as much to talk about. In fact, I would say Ari forum is ready and waiting. We just need the era information and then it is good to go. Zara just finished an era so to speak.

Other forums seem to manage okay. If an AF won't be discussed much when they're not in an era then what's the point of it existing and not just being in the genre forums?

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 12 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I think the point Grant is making is that for an artist to warrant an AF, there should be discussion to be have even when the artist isn't releasing anything. I do understand the difficulty of keeping up discussion though when there's not a lot to talk about, but tbf AFs shouldn't be consistently under 10 posts per week like we've been seeing recently.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 12 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #17
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(JosephSivan @ Jan 12 2018, 05:25 PM) *
I don't think any of the new forums have failed, obviously *any* artist forum would be quieter between eras but when new material does arrive, and I'm sure it's not far off for Ariana at the very least, the forum is ready and waiting. No matter what, Ariana, Zara and Justin forums look much better to new members than U2, Elvis and Darius!

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Jan 12 2018, 05:45 PM) *

Hmm.

The "they are not in era right now" Was good enough to boot other forums or to suggest booting others but is now an excuse to save flagging ones that people creamed over getting but done nothing with them.

Just because you had to get rid of properl dead ones like U2 or Darius, doesn't mean you have to immediaitly replace them with somoene who has a fanbase here while they are releasing then notihng when they don't. If they can't sustain a forum now when they do nothing then they wont sustain one the next time they aren't releasing.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jan 12 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #18
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Jan 12 2018, 04:52 PM) *
I think the point Grant is making is that for an artist to warrant an AF, there should be discussion to be have even when the artist isn't releasing anything. I do understand the difficulty of keeping up discussion though when there's not a lot to talk about, but tbf AFs shouldn't be consistently under 10 posts per week like we've been seeing recently.

Yeah but the forum as a whole has been not as active as it usually is tbf and also I really do think it doesn't help where they are located.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 12 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jan 12 2018, 04:25 PM) *
Well yeah but other forums are in even worse circumstances than them and are still doing better. The Saturdays haven't released an album for almost FIVE YEARS (and their solo efforts haven't exactly been headline grabbing) and they're doing well, Madonna isn't doing much and is keeping a good discussion and Gaga is also doing well.

Can't say I'm 100% for this forum either but you can't really compare those to the ones you mentioned, all of those built up a base of people who want to discuss them while they DID release things, especially The Saturdays who had and have a lot of members who only really post there so probably came for them. Madonna has a much longer career with a hell of a lot more to discuss, that keeps her going really. Without music released, there's only so much a forum can do although I'd argue why bother in the first place? As has been said though anything is better than a U2 forum with 2 posts a year if we didn't want to leave the forums empty which is fair enough :lol

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 12 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #20

All I'm saying is that people were sceptical of the Dua Lipa forum at first, there was a lot of resistance but it's actually done very well so far. I don't think it's fair to complain so soon when it's only just opened - give it time!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:45 AM