BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> New Lounge mod
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jan 12 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #1
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

After a hugely successful applications process, the Lounge mods and mgmt have come to a mutual decision on our next Lounge mod, replacing the fabulous Lotti after her promotion. Please give a warm welcome to...

T BOY!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The applications were of such a high quality but it was T Boy who stood out, and we're all confident he's gonna be a brilliant mod. Nobody else does a better job of reminding us that Adele says that one of the most defining moments in her life was when she watched Pink perform at Brixton Academy in London. She states: "It was the Missundaztood record, so I was about 13 or 14. I had never heard, being in the room, someone sing like that live […] I remember sort of feeling like I was in a wind tunnel, her voice just hitting me. It was incredible."

Congratulations! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 12 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #2
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Congratulations Toby!!!! Was all very close in the end. Some really fab applications

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jan 12 2018, 06:45 PM
Post #3
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

Fab choice!!

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 12 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #4
Hisses to my exes who don't give a hiss about me
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Toby! ohmy.gif Is that T Boy's real name. I thought that was RosaParksMyCar's real name.

Excellent choice I must say, T Boy has definitely improved a lot recently I think as a poster! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 12 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #5
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

No offence but can we get more info on why he was better than the rest? Also wanna know why I wasn't successful, just saying "it was well written" is a cop out.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 12 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #6
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Congrats T Boy, I look forward to working with you!

Thanks to everyone that applied, there were quite a lot of strong applications which made our decision difficult. I think we all had a different top 3 ranking!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 12 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

OMG surprised af tbh!

Ive literally had the worst day ever so this is amazing news. I just hope I can make a good contribution and not let anyone down!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 12 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #8
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Well done TBoy wub.gif You're a regular in the lounge for pretty much the past decade(?) so this is a LONG TIME COMING. I think you'll add something quite new and unique to the position and i'm here for it.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jan 12 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #9
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

Congratulations TBoy!! Well deserved promo *.*

I'm not just saying this for the sake of it but honestly every application had something unique to them and it was actually a really hard decision, out of the 7 applications pretty much all of them were of a really high standard and all of us liked different aspects from each, like Jade said, we all had different rankings because of that. It's not a question of what Tboy has that nobody else did, it was really down to who we felt would work best within the current team and how they slot into the community as a whole etc. I think you will make a great mod Grant and every application like yours, has potential which is why Lotti sent out some feedback.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 12 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I do emphasise that EVERY application we received had some big strengths hence why we decided to send personalised PMs to those that were unsuccessful. Srsly, we'll definitely be keeping a few of these on file should another position come up soon.

(Lindsey got there first but that only emphasises it)

Congrats Toby! A wonderful choice indeed, repping teachers everywhere in the Lounge *.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jan 12 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #11
C O N D I T I O N E R
Member No.: 8,300

Congrats to T Boy finally escaping pleb member status after over a decade *_* looking forward to working with you x

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 12 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #12
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Congratulations, or as they say in Wales, Llongyfarchiadau!!

Like Adele seeing Pink live I guess you could say this is one of 'the most defining moments' of the Lounge. Look forward to your posts just hitting us like we're in a wind tunnel.

+Quote Post
post Jan 12 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Echoing the congrats to T Boy!

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 12 2018, 07:25 PM
Post #14
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Never stepping foot in the Lounge AGAIN

You do know he has a vendetta against me, Lee, Kath and probably TheSnake now??

I literally don't trust him WITHOUT mod powers, let alone with.

What a joke.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 12 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #15
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 12 2018, 06:48 PM) *
No offence but can we get more info on why he was better than the rest? Also wanna know why I wasn't successful, just saying "it was well written" is a cop out.

Regina and I have issues for example, but I would NEVER expect him to abuse his power/ try to poison the rest against particular posters ... unlike the choice made. Can't believe Regina was overlooked if he applied tbh as someone with far more modding experience.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 12 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

Congratulations!!

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jan 12 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #17
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 12 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #18
Hisses to my exes who don't give a hiss about me
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Jan 12 2018, 07:25 PM) *
Never stepping foot in the Lounge AGAIN

You do know he has a vendetta against me, Lee, Kath and probably TheSnake now??

I literally don't trust him WITHOUT mod powers, let alone with.

What a joke.

I suppose as they said at the start the choice doesn't have to be a poster who is liked by everyone! ohmy.gif

Yeah I can understand why you are dismayed at the new Lounge mod choice after the Adele quote posting thing. Yes T Boy shouldn't have deliberately kept posting that if he know it would wind you up and as far as I can see he realized his mistake and stopped posting it at least.

I have no issues with T Boy, he did apologise to me by PM recently if it seemed like he didn't like me, but I really didn't think he had a vendetta against me, his criticisms of me seemed not that big, there was advice in with the criticism about how to improve and and he has a right to be critical of my posting style like anybody else does.

At the start when I joined Buzzjack, yes he really disliked me and make my time here a bit of misery (he wasn't the only one though) but he has much improved I think since then and I would definitely think now if there were any eccentric new posters joining he wouldn't be like what he was like to me.

This post has been edited by The Snake : Jan 12 2018, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 12 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #19
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Snake @ Jan 12 2018, 07:36 PM) *
I suppose as they said at the start the choice doesn't have to be a poster who is liked by everyone! ohmy.gif

I have no issues with T Boy, he did apologise to me by PM recently if it seemed like he didn't like me, but I really didn't think he had a vendetta against me, his criticisms of me seemed not that big, there was advice in with the criticism about how to improve and and he has a right to be critical of my posting style like anybody else does.

At the start when I joined Buzzjack, yes he really disliked me and make my time here a bit of misery (he wasn't the only one though) but he has much improved I think since then and I would definitely think now if there were any eccentric new posters joining he wouldn't be like what he was like to me.

Second time using this in a week

Enjoy the Lounge. I don't trust him enough to come in it again.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 12 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #20
Member No.: 13,007

Michael I think you need to take this a fresh start as i'm sure T Boy is too. Just leave the angst behind and carry on in a civilised way please, it'll make the lounge so much more bearable sad.gif

QUOTE(The Snake @ Jan 12 2018, 07:36 PM) *

<3

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:50 AM