BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> New Lounge mod
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 12 2018, 11:04 PM
Post #41
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats T Boy! I'm sure you'll do a great job biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 12 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

well done T Boy - very deserved. another Lounge mod that doesn't put up with bullshit ;o (think i needed a few of those in 2016 didn't i?)

+Quote Post
Tangela
post Jan 13 2018, 01:18 AM
Post #43
Tangelic
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats T Boy! smile.gif
Good choice.

This post has been edited by Midge: Jan 13 2018, 01:18 AM

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jan 13 2018, 03:20 AM
Post #44
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 12 2018, 08:57 PM) *
I've heard this beofre and tbh I don't really believe it.
i have applied for mod positions here for years, in areas where I feel I would be an asset (the movie forum for example) and every time get nowhere and told the same thing. I'm kind of at a loss at to what I'm meant to do to actually get anywhere and don't know why I bother trying out for these things as there is obviously something I am missing.

(Sorry this post turned out longer than expected)

I wish I could say this wasn't the case but from my experience it very much is so, a lot of it is to do with timing. Usually when things don't quite work out it's for a reason. Like it took me multiple attempts to become a mod in the lounge or bjsc, god I think I even pestered Iz for at least a solid year about hiring me as an Indie mod (dont do this kids) but in hindsight I know I wasn't the best person for the job at the time of any of my initial applications. I like to think that's changed now kink.gif but I knew I wanted to be a mod of those areas, I knew I would do a good job so I didn't give up applying and I really hope you and anyone else who has their sights set on modding a specific area has that mindset too as there's nothing to say a mod role that suits you better won't come up soon (I still agree with you on Movies tbh). Doesn't matter how many times you've applied before, if you're meant to be a mod of a specific forum it will happen when its the best time to, I'm sure.

I actually remember the first time I applied for the lounge and it was like the only time I felt confident in my application, I was really excited about it and at the time I did think I was the best fit. Obviously I was not but in hindsight I'm actually thankful I wasn't chosen at that point as I did come across as quite argumentative or too defensive and I often found myself in the middle of things I shouldn't really have been. I think the way I was within the community probably would have had a negative impact on my moderating style then, I'm not sure if any of this was the reason I didn't get it but I now understand if it was. But then ofc a year down the line it happened and by that point my attitude towards the site had shifted a lot and I think it maybe did help that they were looking for two moderators and luckily enough Lotti and I got it and I'm glad it worked out that way (not to be cringey) but it's made a real difference being able to mod with my best friend and go through all of that at the same time, it wouldn't have been the same experience had I been there a year before Lotti so I'm glad I wasn't in that respect laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 13 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #45
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Congratulations T Boy! Both myself and my alias (joke obvs) getting mod positions within a week of each other! cheer.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 13 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #46
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Member No.: 5,342

Ooh I'm v late to this but T Boy is actually an inspired choice, looking forward to what's to come from you (in the three or four times I can be bothered to post in the lounge in 2018). As they say in my country, congratuwelldone!

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 13 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #47
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 12 2018, 06:48 PM) *
No offence but can we get more info on why he was better than the rest? Also wanna know why I wasn't successful, just saying "it was well written" is a cop out.

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Jan 12 2018, 07:25 PM) *
Never stepping foot in the Lounge AGAIN

You do know he has a vendetta against me, Lee, Kath and probably TheSnake now??

I literally don't trust him WITHOUT mod powers, let alone with.

What a joke.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 13 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #48
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

[LMAO sometimes the old ones ARE the best]

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 13 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #49
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks for the support guys, I really hope to not let anyone down. Genuinely didn’t think I had a hope but I’m pleased to see the majority approve of the appointment.

I’m probs a little biased but next time a position opens up in the Lounge, i would support a Regina promotion.

+Quote Post
post Jan 14 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #50
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Kath?! 😂🤣😂

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 15 2018, 01:17 AM
Post #51
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(Sugarplumberella @ Jan 12 2018, 08:29 PM) *
congratulations!!

i feel like tboy went under the radar for so long and has really begun to shine over the last few years so not to say this is overdue but is RIGHT on time!
I agree with all of this + the feelings that I think he's actually one of the most inspired choices for the Lounge since I've been here. Congrats TBoy!

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jan 12 2018, 09:22 PM) *
Me when I don't even chart top 3 on "Most Hard Working AF Mod" award.
:')

Also, Grant, with the utmost respect, with the past instances I get why you may be upset, you always show so much enthusiasm and contribute the most in areas where you'd excel as a mod etc.. and nothing has changed, which is fab to see. But the Lounge mod position this time, I'm surprised to see you even went for it (not that you shouldn't ofc) but because these last few times on Buzzjack you've come and gone and come back again a few times over the last 12 months and I understand personal things may have played a part in that a lot which can't be helped obviously, but there were a couple of times where you've left the site on your own accord to come back a month later.

I just hope that with the revelation that you applied for the position, means that you're here to stay and maybe get a chance to become a mod in the next available position (but imma have to fight you for movie mod!)

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 15 2018, 11:04 AM
Post #52
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 15 2018, 02:17 AM) *
I agree with all of this + the feelings that I think he's actually one of the most inspired choices for the Lounge since I've been here. Congrats TBoy!

:')

Also, Grant, with the utmost respect, with the past instances I get why you may be upset, you always show so much enthusiasm and contribute the most in areas where you'd excel as a mod etc.. and nothing has changed, which is fab to see. But the Lounge mod position this time, I'm surprised to see you even went for it (not that you shouldn't ofc) but because these last few times on Buzzjack you've come and gone and come back again a few times over the last 12 months and I understand personal things may have played a part in that a lot which can't be helped obviously, but there were a couple of times where you've left the site on your own accord to come back a month later.

I just hope that with the revelation that you applied for the position, means that you're here to stay and maybe get a chance to become a mod in the next available position (but imma have to fight you for movie mod!)

404 not found.
I literally have been through two major operations and been unable to see. Why don't you back the f*** off from things you don't know anything about. I am terribly sorry my inability to see stopped me posting on BJ for a while, I'll try harder next time to defy doctors orders.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jan 15 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #53
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

Locking this as this shouldn’t be being derailed the way it is. Any issues please bring them up directly with MGMT

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:06 AM