BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Moderator Rules, For all AF and MF mods
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Slick
post Aug 11 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #1
electric butterflies
Group: Members
Member No.: 70
   No Gallery Pics

These were recently posted in the Moderator Lounge, but for the benefit of mods of Artist Forums here are the rules we expect you to adhere to. Some of them don't apply (I'm not sure if you can warn?) but it'd be nice if you could have a skim through. tongue.gif

A moderator is expected to:
  • Create discussion in their forum by starting threads and encouraging members to post.
  • Warn/discipline members who cause unconstructive conflict, and delete/edit posts that the moderator feels will cause such conflict.
  • Uphold Buzzjack’s terms of service at all times – if there is nothing a mod can do personally, they should report incidents to the appropriate mod or to a Global Mod.
  • Take part in discussions in the Moderator Lounge. Access to this forum is a privilege and your input is welcome.
  • Set a good example for other members by following the terms of service.
  • Posting links to other sites is usually forbidden (within reason). If it is sexual, illegal or otherwise deemed inappropriate remove it and inform the member.
  • If links to music downloads are posted in your forum, remove them and ask members to PM the member if they require the link.
  • Links to sites for advertising purposes can be posted in signatures or profiles. A mod should remove them from the board and inform the member and a GM or Admin who may need to know about it.
A moderator should not:

Do anything to break Buzzjack’s terms of service. If this happens, the normal warning system comes into place – although being a moderator who should be setting an example for others, official warnings may be issued immediately.

Any of the following may result in being removed as a moderator without warning:
  • Abuse or harassment other members or moderators.
  • Posting of any content of a false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening nature.
  • Abuse of moderator “powers”.
  • Neglect of forum over a prolonged time (though in this case a mod will be consulted to find out why.)
If any of the behaviour continues the next step would be a banning (as being removed as moderator serves as an official warning in this case.)

The warning system explained:

The following system should be followed almost without exception.
  • If a member does something deemed to be inappropriate, the mod of the forum should PM them asking them politely to stop, or ask in the thread.
  • If the member continues despite this first informal warning, the mod should raise their warn level by 10% (one warn), outlining the reasons why in the appropriate box and sending them an explanation PM.
  • If they continue with the behaviour, the mod should PM a Global Mod (or Admin if necessary) who will take further action.
  • (Further action means:
    - Short ban if the behaviour persists after official warn.
    - Ban will be longer depending on the seriousness of the behaviour. Overly spamming would probably come at the bottom of this, continuous abuse of another member would result in a much longer ban.)
  • All warns given to members should be reported in the appropriate thread in the Moderators Lounge so we can keep track.
What qualifies as inappropriate behaviour?

- Quite simply, anything which is deemed inappropriate by the moderator, who we trust to be impartial, mature and fair. Buzzjack is a discussion site for all things entertainment and encourages debate and constructive criticism and these alone are never reasons to warn a member.

- The posting of any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Including:
  • Abuse of other members or moderators.
  • Posting of content of a sexual nature.
  • Posting of defamatory material.
- Continuous spamming of threads or posts which add little or nothing to a conversation and/or have been posted for a reaction.

If at any times a moderator is unsure about whether to take action, just PM a Global Mod or Admin who will be happy to handle the situation or let you know what’s the best thing to do biggrin.gif

Things out of a moderator’s control
  • Advertising – if a mod sees a poster advertising please remove the offending post or thread, inform the member and report to a Global Mod or Admin. If outside of your forum, report it to a GM/Admin who will deal with it as often these people need banning or deleting.
  • Obscene, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate usernames are not allowed – please report to a Global Mod or Admin.
  • Aliases – Members are not allowed more than one account on Buzzjack. If a mod (or member) has suspicions about a member report to a Global Mod or Admin. Management reserve the right to instantly and permanently ban all multiple accounts of a member if they are being used for trouble-making.
Terms of Service: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?act=boardrules[/quote]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aidan
post Aug 11 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 6,246
   No Gallery Pics

Um, sorry if I sound stupid, but where is this Moderator Lounge?

+Quote Post
Kelly
post Aug 11 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #3
I'm that chick you like...
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Aidan. @ Aug 11 2009, 02:37 PM) *
Um, sorry if I sound stupid, but where is this Moderator Lounge?

You are not a moderator and therefore do not have access to it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Aidan
post Aug 11 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 6,246
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Kelly @ Aug 11 2009, 03:33 PM) *
You are not a moderator and therefore do not have access to it. tongue.gif

Oh sorry, I thought it was talking about mods on AF's too. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slick
post Aug 11 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #5
electric butterflies
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Aidan. @ Aug 11 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Oh sorry, I thought it was talking about mods on AF's too. laugh.gif

The reason this is in here is because you can't see the Mods Lounge...

+Quote Post
Colm
post Dec 2 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #6
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

What about changing subtitles of threads without consulting the thread starter? That happened to my thread in the lounge

"Could THIS be the most ground-breaking song ever...."

for their own amusement.

I dont think that is the correct behaviour of a moderator.

+Quote Post
Torple
post Dec 2 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #7
Ego reputo vos es totus pilosus rectum
Member No.: 35
   No Gallery Pics

Let me guess. Tirren?

+Quote Post
Colm
post Dec 2 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #8
Yes, it's me.

I emailed him and he said not so either he's lying or someone else did it.

+Quote Post
Chris.
post Dec 2 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #9
Everything goes numb
Member No.: 4,561

QUOTE(tonyttt31 @ Dec 2 2010, 09:47 AM) *
What about changing subtitles of threads without consulting the thread starter? That happened to my thread in the lounge

for their own amusement.

think yourself lucky, one of my threads he changed the whole title and when i kept changing it back he deleted my inital post so i couldnt change it back. right behaviour for a mod? not really.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Dec 2 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #10
Yes, it's me.

QUOTE(Chris. @ Dec 2 2010, 05:24 PM) *
think yourself lucky, one of my threads he changed the whole title and when i kept changing it back he deleted my inital post so i couldnt change it back. right behaviour for a mod? not really.

What? That's unacceptable. Did you report the behaviour?

+Quote Post
Chris.
post Dec 2 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #11
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(tonyttt31 @ Dec 2 2010, 05:51 PM) *
What? That's unacceptable. Did you report the behaviour?

yes. apparently he has been spoken to multiple times about changing topic titles, he still seems to though.

+Quote Post
Slick
post Dec 2 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #12
electric butterflies
   No Gallery Pics

It wasn't Tirrun and will people PLEASE lighten up? I don't honestly know what people expect us to do about this, except give the person responsible a slap on the wrist. I am not removing a moderator because they edit topic titles! Especially (in this case) when it's purely to inject a bit of humour into proceedings. It's petty.

As an aside, Tirrun has been spoken to yes, and hasn't continued as far as I know. I will speak to the person responsible in this case too.

+Quote Post
*Ben*
post Dec 2 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #13
Chart Chat Slave
Group: Chart Veteran
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(tonyttt31 @ Dec 2 2010, 10:47 AM) *

for their own amusement.

I think if a moderator changes the title just to correct some errors or make the title clearer it's ok (without consulting the starter, but if I do it personally, I always tell this either in the thread or PM the member)

If a moderator does this just to make fun of it (without making it clear he did it), that's not acceptable.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Dec 2 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #14
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Oh dear god manson.gif

It's a topic subtitle ffs. Get over it or just change it back if it bothers you that much.

I have edited many in my time as a mod. Either to remove spelling errors or to better reflect the content [eg if there is an important development on pg 23 like a video]

It's not the end of the world

+Quote Post
Chris.
post Dec 2 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #15
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(Slick @ Dec 2 2010, 06:21 PM) *
It wasn't Tirrun and will people PLEASE lighten up? I don't honestly know what people expect us to do about this, except give the person responsible a slap on the wrist. I am not removing a moderator because they edit topic titles! Especially (in this case) when it's purely to inject a bit of humour into proceedings. It's petty.

As an aside, Tirrun has been spoken to yes, and hasn't continued as far as I know. I will speak to the person responsible in this case too.

in my case, it was the topic title (not subtitle), and it wasnt an inappropiate topic title (if anything it was more appropiate), for a bit it was a bit of lol us going back and forth, but in the end he just straight out deleted my post which is a bit out of order is it not, if you started a topic in the gaming forum and we were disagreeing over the title, and you didnt have admin powers, and i deleted your post to prevent you from changing the title, how would you feel about that? i took the appropiate action of PMing a member of management only to get a "we have already spoken to him about this before", and then as always, he got his way, so yeah, i'll never bother making a topic in the lounge again if that's the way i'm treated, i know a much nicer lounge forum where people are encouraged to post rather than have their posts being deleted, but of course if you don't see that it's an issue when people are put off posting due to the actions of a mod, then i guess that is the sort of place Buzzjack is.

+Quote Post
Slick
post Dec 2 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #16
electric butterflies
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not bothering to argue with anyone on here about anything anymore. Been there, done that, realised it's not worth it. And Chris, I really don't see why you're being so defensive when I already handled your complaint. This has nothing to do with you OR Tirrun.

Facts: I will speak to people about this sort of thing if and when it's reported in the proper way (PMed to a GM/admin.) More facts: Unless it becomes a regular occurrence (which in Chris' case it did, fair enough), it's a petty and pathetic thing to moan about.

Thread closed.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:32 AM