BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
43 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Australian Reality TV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 24th February 2021, 12:32 AM
Post #541
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

It came across like they made up the series as they went along, I don't know why Covid meant they had to pre-record it? laugh.gif Surely the same process of being tested, quarantined before etc would have worked with a live series, this felt really weirdly edited like they just decided on a few stars (mostly the bigger names like Grant or the controversial ones like Abbie) and ran with them, so others barely got a look in. I really thought Grant would win from the second I saw he was doing it, lowkey it's like putting Ant or Dec in our version laugh.gif Glad he didn't though, Abbie was a QUEEN.

It was good on paper to do something fresh to a format that can drag a bit and be quite tired, but it just didn't fully work for me. it felt rushed and messy at best, even if we did get who I'd say was the right winner in the end.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 24th February 2021, 04:54 PM
Post #542
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I didn't even realize it wasn't live haha. You're right. Wouldn't have made a difference at all.
I didn't know of Abbie at all before this.. Although I appreciate the balls in standing up for herself on several occasions, her infatuation with Ash ruined any potential I was going to root for Abbie. She had a decent story, but I've seen this journey before done better. Grant was robbed.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 18th March 2021, 01:42 PM
Post #543
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

MAFS: Is anyone watching laugh.gif
I have to say, this season isn't coming close to the masterpieces that were Season 6 and Season 7.
I find everyone just uninteresting. The drama is a bit recycled from previous seasons as well.

Sam and Cameron I thought had the best potential, but there was no recovery after that Honeymoon. Sam and Coco on paper should have worked out as well. Beth and Russell were just odd, the Experts had zero interest in trying to help them navigate their relationship at all. James and Joanne are doomed as are Rebecca and Jake and Melissa and Bryce. Bryce has me really surprised, zero self awareness there, he seems more interested in getting into fights with others than focusing on his own relationship.

Not feeling this season at all unfortunately.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 24th March 2021, 12:43 AM
Post #544
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

MAFS: Holy. The Jake/Rebecca video conference to their families back at home has to be the most uncomfortable thing I have seen so far in 2021. RUN JAKE RUN. Her mother is such a Karen. Wow.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 28th March 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #545
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

love island Australia has me HOOKEDD

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 29th March 2021, 11:41 PM
Post #546
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The Amazing Race: yeah so I watched this. Wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be, definitely better than anything TARUS has produced in the last 10 years. I was fortunate enough to root for both Ashleigh/Amanda and Jaskirat/Anurag pretty early in the season. Top tier RTV Characters this year for me for sure.

That final tho, wow. So close the entire episode. Such strong teams at the end.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 2nd April 2021, 04:20 AM
Post #547
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Masterchef Australia: starts Sunday April 18th!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 13th April 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #548
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Big Brother Australia: Starts Monday April 26th.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 13th April 2021, 09:45 PM
Post #549
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

oh nice to have Masterchef AU back, you know who are gonna be the judges?

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 14th April 2021, 12:49 PM
Post #550
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Bjork @ Apr 13 2021, 10:45 PM) *
oh nice to have Masterchef AU back, you know who are gonna be the judges?

Melissa, Jock and Andy all return as the main judges this season.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 14th April 2021, 12:52 PM
Post #551
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

MAFS: to say the latter half of this season was completely dominated by Bryce drama is an understatement.
Part of me feels bad Melissa chose to stay at the final decision.
However, the red flags were there... Melissa.. You should have run when you had the chance!

Production interfered way too much this season. 100% these leaks on Bryce have been production fed. I'm just about done with this show. They've hit MKR levels of manipulation now.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 18th April 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #552
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

MAFS: k this is done now so I can stop bitching about how awful this season was while secretly being obsessed.
HOW IRONIQUE that BEC was the one with the secret Brother. Oops. Sorry. PARTNER. You don't kiss your brother like that. Bec.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th April 2021, 08:35 PM
Post #553
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Apr 2 2021, 06:20 AM) *
Masterchef Australia: starts Sunday April 18th!

I am looking forward to this. I abandoned all stars in protest at their ropey decisions and because it was getting to the point that half the cast I utterly hated to see breathe.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 19th April 2021, 11:50 PM
Post #554
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Masterchef Australia: WE ARE BACK!
It's hard to believe that we are back, Masterchef was such a relief for me last year during COVID. I'm just so happy to see this back - it's emotional really where we find our little getaways to just switch off during the Pandemic.

I don't much care for the Auditions, but this episode brought good energy and I was so excited to watch. Some standouts too like Terese, Tom, Kishwa, Minoli.

Welcome Back, Masterchef! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 21st April 2021, 09:04 AM
Post #555
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

not crazy about the auditions either but glad it's back

getting rid of the old judges was the best decision ever

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 21st April 2021, 02:34 PM
Post #556
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Gogglebox: tonight is the last episode this season. So sad! It's a shame they didn't add a few more episodes to cover off Masterchef, the upcoming Big Brother seasom and that Lego show.

I love all the households, but always get a laugh out of the Dalton Family and Matty, Sarah Marie and Jad. But my absolute favorites are the Silbery Family. Specifically Emily wub.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 21st April 2021, 11:37 PM
Post #557
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Masterchef Australia: OK now this really hits home with Episode 3 and the Mystery Box. Nigella Sunday as well! She better get an entire week.

I liked last year with no Wednesday Immunity Challenge, why waste an entire episode for someone not to win the pin. I like they're doing it again this year and are playing for safety. Best change they've made to date (minus the Judge changes that was mentioned above)

This seems to be a solid group of chefs, very much on the young side however. Lots of diversity so hopefully we will get some really great food. Tommy, Therese and Minoli are preliminary favorites.

Calling it now, Saltbush is the Ice Creme/Crumb/Parfait/Pannacotta of the season that we will see every f***ing episode.

Looks like the girls are going to slay this season once again cheer.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 27th April 2021, 12:52 AM
Post #558
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Big Brother: I have very low expectations of this after last year and judging by the launch its gonna be the same nonsense editing as last year. Very much geared towards a younger audience.

If you didn't like last year, you won't like this year.

Pimp first nominations. Lame twist, but Daniel saved the episode.
Daniel is at least playing the game, what a slimeball tho. SJ - our edgy queen. Such a star.
Melissa annoys me.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 29th April 2021, 03:07 PM
Post #559
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Masterchef: k, I just have to say. The remote judges are f***ing creepy. Just have them remote in, give the challenge and take off. Seeing Claire and others just stand there not engaging with anything was rediculous to watch. Yotam was clearly live, and he answered questions. I don't think Massimo and Claire were live... It looked pre-recorded with stock stand-up footage.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 30th April 2021, 06:16 AM
Post #560
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

how many episodes they have per week? I swear there are like 3 new episodes every time I check, can't keep up biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

43 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 08:59 PM