BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
16 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Album Nine, Reggae Album? RELEASE DATE STILL TBA.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jordanlee
post 12th July 2019, 10:31 AM
Post #181
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Adele releasing seems possible

The big pop girls all seem to be releasing this year.

With Taylor releasing in August I think it’ll be at least October before a new Rihanna album.

Singles wise though if the albums fully reggae the perfect time for a summer smash is now!

I do feel we’re gonna get everything at the same time though.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 17th July 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #182
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

It looks like Pharrell is working on this new album. Hopefully it's only a few songs.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 17th July 2019, 11:24 AM
Post #183
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Pharrell can be good, for some reason he just... wasn't for Sweetener.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 17th July 2019, 12:25 PM
Post #184
Group icon
Jord

This could equally turn out to be like the Kanye West / Anti era productions.

But any news on this is welcomed by me biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 26th July 2019, 10:45 PM
Post #185
Group icon
Jord

You know before we got Work from Anti was there any news on that in the days before it was released or did it seemingly come out of nowhere?

I still legit wake up and every day go onto Twitter and iTunes just to check that the album hasn’t dropped as I’ve been sleeping.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 29th July 2019, 11:22 PM
Post #186
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

We are getting Spotify SUPPORT

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 30th July 2019, 01:14 AM
Post #187
Group icon
Jord

I think she’ll break the record for most streams week one by a female tbh

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 1st August 2019, 03:23 AM
Post #188
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

10 pages for an album we know nothing about yet! Amazing!! The world is HUNGRY. Shame Rih isn’t x

From the Spotify comments (she’s followed them on insta) and how much she keeps specifying there’s lots of 2019 left I’m anticipating an early Autumn start for the ERA. After that...I’m not sure as the way she speaks about music sounds like she kinda cba lol but I’m going to just try and enjoy this era for now.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 1st August 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #189
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Aug 1 2019, 04:23 AM) *
10 pages for an album we know nothing about yet! Amazing!! The world is HUNGRY. Shame Rih isn’t x

The world isn't just hungry...it's hungRIH ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 1st August 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #190
Group icon
Jord

I’d happily wait longer if meant we got promotion in terms of the album and more than anything like drive and enthusiasm in terms of her music career.

I worry that could be lacking at the moment and i wouldn’t want an album and nothing else. Like I want big promo, killer videos and a real like RETURN.

ANTI as someone from the UK i don’t feel we had that but in the USA the album slayed.

I want the drive Rihanna had for her music from 2007-2012.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 2nd August 2019, 05:43 AM
Post #191
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Aug 1 2019, 11:55 PM) *
I’d happily wait longer if meant we got promotion in terms of the album and more than anything like drive and enthusiasm in terms of her music career.

I worry that could be lacking at the moment and i wouldn’t want an album and nothing else. Like I want big promo, killer videos and a real like RETURN.

ANTI as someone from the UK i don’t feel we had that but in the USA the album slayed.

I want the drive Rihanna had for her music from 2007-2012.

Maybe I’m being pessimistic, but I just can’t see it. I don’t think she cares about music as much anymore to do that, I just get that feeling sad.gif I could be wrong, maybe she’s trolling us (what’s nu Rih) and she’ll be the omnipresence in music she was. Although I guess she’s got more to think about now with Fenty Beauty being so big and profitable for her! Bitch better have my make up

The promo campaign for ANTI outside the US was...well you can’t even call it that really :’) I’m not sure about elsewhere but the only promo in the UK was the Brit Awards. I’d imagine a lot of ANTI’s poor start was the casual album buyers not even knowing she had an album out.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 3rd August 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #192
Group icon
Jord

I seen this on Twitter I don’t know where the source come from I screengrabbed it last night but this is what was said.

“Rihanna keeps adding songs when she should really start to think what songs to put on her album since it is going to be a ten to twelve song album. There were thoughts to do a double album but what has won out is to do a single album of her favourite tracks she has recorded. She has picks that are going to be on it, but there are still some thoughts on adding certain tracks because she has a lot of good music recorded. So, the current problem and good problem to have in her eyes is that she has many good ideas and is still recording. She is just looking for all the gems”.

“As of last month Rihanna was still requesting songs from producers and writers, she has so many great songs, but until she’s a thousand percent satisfied she isn’t putting out the album, and only Rihanna knows when that will be. She is well aware that her fans want the album and she, of course has been getting tons of pressure from the label to put it out, but she’s not the type of person to compromise her vision to give in to demands. She’s still promising to get it out this year, but no one is going to be that shocked if she pushes the release yet again, she does what she wants and no one can tell her other wise”

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 3rd August 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #193
Group icon
Jord

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Aug 2 2019, 06:43 AM) *
Maybe I’m being pessimistic, but I just can’t see it. I don’t think she cares about music as much anymore to do that, I just get that feeling sad.gif I could be wrong, maybe she’s trolling us (what’s nu Rih) and she’ll be the omnipresence in music she was. Although I guess she’s got more to think about now with Fenty Beauty being so big and profitable for her! Bitch better have my make up

The promo campaign for ANTI outside the US was...well you can’t even call it that really :’) I’m not sure about elsewhere but the only promo in the UK was the Brit Awards. I’d imagine a lot of ANTI’s poor start was the casual album buyers not even knowing she had an album out.

I remember The Sun saying her career had gone up in smoke when ANTI only debuted at #7.

It just seemed to come from nowhere and then other than the BRITS we didn’t see much of her. Even the tour was partly cancelled I had tickets for Sunderland and could no longer go.

It held up well over time and streaming was kind to the album. But compared to like every other era before hand it didn’t have much promo in the UK but maybe the focus was just on the US?

In the US the album was huge but that was just streaming being kind and selling well over time wasn’t it. Like it never had a huge sales week did it? I seem to remember even the US had promo issues though didn’t she cancel or pull out the Grammys last minute.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 4th August 2019, 03:08 PM
Post #194
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I think this will flop for her tbh! She had a big taste of that with Breathe In, Breathr Out, and those other songs I can't even remember before Drake gave her Work.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 4th August 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #195
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

QUOTE(Algernon Monqueef @ Aug 4 2019, 05:08 PM) *
I think this will flop for her tbh! She had a big taste of that with Breathe In, Breathr Out, and those other songs I can't even remember before Drake gave her Work.

She won't promote it and she won't care about the success. She's now an elusive entrepreneuse and we will deal with that.

+Quote this post
danG
post 4th August 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #196
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

She doesn't even need to do promo, the hype and Spotify push will be massive.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 4th August 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #197
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(Atonement @ Aug 4 2019, 06:08 PM) *
She won't promote it and she won't care about the success. She's now an elusive entrepreneuse and we will deal with that.

This.

She's at that point in her career where sales and success doesn't matter — she's making serious money elsewhere. It's probably more important for her that it's a critical success.

I do think people are ready for new Rihanna though and struggle to see her flopping.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 5th August 2019, 07:16 AM
Post #198
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

I just heard Greg James on Radio 1 say that there are rumours a huge popstar is releasing a single on Thursday with Rih and Adele 2 possibilities - the first I've heard of these rumours but he sounded very hyped for new music from Rihanna and even played Only Girl (In the World) in anticipation so there's clearly still widespread appeal

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 5th August 2019, 12:47 PM
Post #199
Group icon
Jord

So.. there’s news of this being a big US TV takeover with a lot of big shows expecting a special guest who’s unnnamed at present.

The shows are late night shows right? So it’s possible that there’s an announcement coming (the interviews already having been recorded or are being recorded over the next few days) before the music possibly drops at midnight on Friday.

This is pretty exciting.

Rihanna seems likely. I don’t think it’s Adele as I feel like she’d announce it on UK TV first.

Gaga could also be an outside bet as well. I wouldn’t be that surprised if it was her but with her Beauty brand just launching i just don’t know.

I guess we will know soon. By this article the main name confusing me is Selena Gomez. I just don’t feel she’s huge enough to warrant that big a takeover.

I’m guessing whoever it is probably has some form of press injunction in place until Thursday night.

https://capitalfm.co/31gIz29

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 5th August 2019, 12:48 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th August 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #200
Group icon
User: 13,007

If it's not Gaga, I'd love it to be Rih!

+Quote this post

16 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:47 AM