BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Daredevil', Netflix Series.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Apr 12 2015, 02:17 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
So this is now online and EVERYONE seems to be buzzing about it. It looks absolutely fantastic and with it being a Marvel release, I will most certainly check it out soon!

Anybody else actually got around to seeing this yet/are you interested?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 12 2015, 08:50 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
I'm interested, but I want to marathon it so will probably need to wait until next weekend to watch at the earliest.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Apr 12 2015, 09:00 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
I'm interested, but I don't have netflix, its bound to drop on terrestrial TV at some point

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 12 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
No Netflix shows have yet made it to council telly so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

£6 a month is hardly breaking the bank. I'm well povo and can still afford Netflix

+Quote this post
Math!
post Apr 12 2015, 10:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852
Will be watching this soon, hopefully it is great! The standard has been set pretty high for Netflix exclusives so I hope this is a good one <3

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 13 2015, 07:49 AM
Post #6
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
I downloaded a couple of episodes and will be watching v soon. I watched the first 15 minutes and it looked pretty good!

Netflix still slays.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 13 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
More interested in the show about Jessica Jones and Iron Fist, but this looks good.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 18 2015, 12:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Two episodes in and I'm really enjoying this.

It's definitely more in vein of the Nolan universe, but still has some of the light hearted Marvel film moments.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 21 2015, 12:04 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Holy shit. The ending to episode 4! Really loving this show. I'm pacing myself at a reasonable speed as I want to be able to remember it. A lot of the time when I binge watch they all merge into one, but I'm properly loving this! Marvel have very RARELY put a foot wrong in my eyes <3

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 5 2015, 01:14 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I've finally finished this. Incredibly crafted show! Everything about it was brilliant. Charlie Cox is amazing as Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio was absolutely ON POINT as the main bad guy, Wilson Fisk. The fight scenes were so well choreographed also, as well as having a solid, well paced plot!

Marvel had a lot riding on this and it paid off, BIG TIME for me. Amazing. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post May 24 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
There was lots to love about Daredevil, particularly Vincent D'Onfrio's more nuanced performance as Kingpin, as well as some things that I wasn't as keen on, like the slow pacing and that we don't see the classic Daredevil costume until the final episode.

One thing that I did really love, and one thing that really took me by surprise, is how it showed how Matt Murdock attempted to balance his Catholic faith with his role as a violent vigilante as Daredevil. On top of that, the talk between Murdock and Father Everett in episode 9 about the nature of the devil was one of the most mature discussions of the faith that I have ever seen in a mainstream TV programme. Daredevil being Catholic is something that has been a part of his character since the comic book days, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, it's usually been seen as 'window dressing' (such as in the Ben Affleck film version, which I must admit I have a soft spot for despite it not being that good), whereas this version makes it a core part of his character. I'm probably in a distinct minority in loving these aspects though, I imagine.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 3 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #12
Group icon
So I've finally just finished this and it's my favourite thing that's not on the telly! What an amazing show. How they managed to flesh out so many characters at the same time and have it all flow and be as cohesive as it was is astonishing.

Elektra was amazing.

These Netflix Marvel shows are on a whole 'nother level for Superhero releases!

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Feb 18 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
The first season was so good, I am currently partway through season two and enjoying it too although I think I prefer the first season so far as Wilson Fisk was an incredible villain and I don't like that he has started dating Karen as he was much better with Claire and I think Karen and Foggy were cute together,

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Dec 1 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
This follows Iron Fist and Luke Cage to be cancelled by Netflix despite a really great critical response for Season 3 (although I had seen a lot less people watched it based on the companies trying to calculate figures). I understood Iron Fist & Luke Cage but this definitely confirms that there is a move by one party (Disney or Netflix) to get rid of them all in response to the new Disney streaming service! Jessica Jones and The Punisher have upcoming seasons but I definitely expect them to be axed once they've been released.

I feel this was one of the first few Netflix Originals, which have now all either been cancelled or have reached their natural end! I guess they do have to make way for other series, because it's all feeling very crammed now!

Marvel have stated 'the character of Daredevil' will live on in future projects. Could possibly be looking at a recast and attempt another film? Don't know how it would work with the Netflix/Marvel series still being in the MCU.

Apparently, there was one point where it was considered that Daredevil and the others were appearing in Infinity War but it was quickly cast aside. It would be nice to have had a little nod but I guess the film was already crammed as it is

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:16 PM