BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Uhsting's Top 50: Week 16 (17/4), Strip-pole his way down to no. 1!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post Apr 17 2021, 10:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363
Uhsting's Top 50

More graphical version of my chart can be found on Crownnote: http://crownnote.com/charts/uhsting/uhstin...top-50-songs-99

Chart commentary: This week is slightly inactive even though more songs were ranked this week, as we feature 10 new entries plus 1 re-entry. This week's highest entry is at no. 2 with this bop Future Funeral by Promis3. It sounds avant-garde and I like the hardstyle elements in this song. Elsewhere, we also have Äidinäidin raivolla making the top 50 after bubbling under top 50 for 3 weeks at an astonishing high position of 21. My childhood favourite Zayde Wølf is back with a rock banger Holy Water. Let It Ring is back after dropping out of top 50 briefly. Gaslighting is a haunting and thought-provoking song by composer Ginevra Nervi, which the lyrics depict the inconvenient gaslighting moment. Wrapping up the new entries is some known artists Imagine Dragons and Alice Merton with Follow You and Vertigo respectively.

Meanwhile, MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) just like in the video strip-poled their way down to no. 1 from no. 47, which I'm totally living for it, particularly the extended version. The top 5 is also very different this week, with only Tout l'univers staying in the top 5. Do It Again and Karma entered top 10 with bops. I Will Help You jumps the most by 15 places to a respectable 23rd position. The last anthemic part draws in a lot of attention and this is a great song by Ilse DeLange.

gold.gif Lil Nas X – MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)

From no. 47 2 weeks ago to no. 1! Oh my what a turnaround and certainly I've never expected myself to chart a hip-hop song in my pop-heavy chart, let alone crown one! Amazing tune, relatable lyrics, and the extended version is better with that instrumental solo!

Chart history: 47-13-1

newne.png 2. Promis3 – Future Funeral

WHAT?? This has a special vibe and the instrumentation is strong. The verse is catchy but oh my that drop is probably the most unexpected and sick drop I've ever heard so far! I'm very surprised about the quality of this song and if any, should challenge no. 1 next week! This song has a deep message sent everybody who struggles with mental health, noting that “drugs aren’t a substitute for the real support that people around can offer”.

Chart history: 2

newdown.png 3. Gjon’s Tears – Tout l’univers

Dropping 2 places we have Gjon's Tears with his power ballad Tout l'univers. The melody is still very beautiful and memorable so don't expect this to drop out of top 50 soon!

Chart history: 4-3-2-1-3

newup.png 4. Kyns – I can never be

This is slowly growing in me and I really love the stripped back nature and the raw emotion in this. The production value is also high with the instrumentation. Although it lacks a third chorus, I don't think it will improve the song or give it a better package. The song itself is a great package already. About the message of this song, Kyns says, “This song is an intimate ballad confronting the idea of ‘feeling deserving’ of good things and how imposter syndrome can manifest itself in relationships, both romantic and with yourself.”

Chart history: 26-18-21-11-8-4

newup.png 5. salem ilese – (L)only Child

Barely entered top 10 last week, (L)only Child continues to grow on every listen! That instrumental drop is iconic and is so memorable which bridges the flow really well. Could it reach even higher? Time will tell! This song took 2 years for salem ilese to produce as it talks about her own experience as the only child in the family and it taught her how to be her own bestie.

Chart history: 39-15-10-5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
newup.png 6. Primo – Do It Again (27-32-20-11-6)

BJSC 133 participant Primo breaks into top 10 with a retro-inspired bop Do It Again. I really like the chord progression in the chorus, particularly that chromatic chord in between which gets me every time. The melody is also very strong too. Could it become one of the best discoveries since Lord & Master? I think it has!

newdown.png 7. Destiny - Je me casse (14-5-5-7)

Je Me Casse still remains in the top 10 after a strong bop. Time would tell if they will last in the top 50 until Eurovision!

newdown.png 8. Jamala - Like a Hero (2-1-4-3-8)

Like a Hero is still a very strong power ballad but her 4-week reign in the top 5 must come to end but still ends up at a respectable no. 8 this week!

newup.png 9. Shalisa – Karma (30-12-9)

Karma rose to no. 9 this week with a short banger. Less than 2 minutes and a half, this song manages to pack the ABABCB structure into such a short period of time without sounding too rushed!

newdown.png 10. Noirêve ft. Giulia Foddai - Summer Don't Go (10-3-7-10)

Back to where it started! Summer Don't Go drops to no. 10, the same position where it started.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
newdown.png 11. Charles – He Knows (11-9-4-11)
newdown.png 12. Shamir – Ocean Eyes (17-20-14-5-7-9-12)
newdown.png 13. LANKS - The Silence (22-14-9-6-2-1-2-13)
newdown.png 14. Max Richter ft. Mari Samuelsen, Robert Ziegler – Follower (17-6-6-6-14)
newup.png 15. Tayler Buono – IFHU (35-20-15)
newup.png 16. Hana Oceans – Austers (19-15-12-18-16)
newup.png 17. CÉLINE – Hotel (15-XX-42-29-22-17)

This song recuperated itself well. After dropping out of top 50 shockingly once debutted at no. 15, it slowly crawled its way back to where it started. I must say I have got used to it without a proper 3rd chorus because of the emotion, and you can feel it despite all being sung in German here.

newup.png 18. Loney Dear – Mute / All things pass (23-18)
newup.png 19. VICTORIA – growing up is getting old (13-4-2-1-12-17-26-19)
newup.png 20. Daughtry – Heavy Is The Crown (25-20)

Daughtry is back with a decent rock song and the chorus has a good melody whilst being memorable as well!

newne.png 21. Nohanna – Äidinäidin raivolla (21)

After struggling to get into top 50 by being just outside of top 50 for 3 weeks, this jumps straight into the top 50 at no. 21! Very beautiful song and the instrumentation is strong as well.
newup.png 22. Loi – I Follow (33-22)
newup.png 23. Ilse DeLange – I Will Help You (31-38-23)
newup.png 24. Caroline Culver – Walking On Glass (34-24)
newdown.png 25. Ninski, Sky M. – Hazy (24-25)
newup.png 26. Andrea Di Giovanni – Crown (32-26)
newdown.png 27. VICTORIA – imaginary friend (11-2-1-7-8-8-14-27)
newdown.png 28. iRO – Yesterday’s News (40-16-14-15-28)
newup.png 29. Nick Wilson – Lead Me to the Water (35-29)
newdown.png 30. KOKO, Nina Chuba, Dillistone – 22s (43-29-30)
newdown.png 31. Winning Team – Where I Belong (36-38-19-31)
newne.png 32. Zayde Wølf – Holy Water (32)
newne.png 33. pinkiscool – Plastic (33)

The chorus is catchy and the melody is strong too. It sounds like it will climb in the next few weeks!
newdown.png 34. LP – One Last Time (44-33-21-34)
newup.png 35. Mimi Webb – Good Without (37-35)
newright.png 36. BATHSHEBA – LALA (36-36)
newne.png 37. Keir, Fenne Lily – leave a light on (37)
newdown.png 38. Motez ft. The Kite String Tangle – Give Me Space (37-30-38)
newup.png 39. Kings Elliot – Bitter Tonic (44-39)
newup.png 40. Mathieu Des Longchamps – Mademoiselle Tomovic (46-40)
newup.png 41. RORI – The Same Way (49-41)
newre.png 42. Reiley – Let It Ring (41-XX-42)
newdown.png 43. Mark Clennon, Rainer + Grimm – Stray (43-19-16-43)
newne.png 44. Imagine Dragons – Follow You (44)
newdown.png 45. ROSIE – Retail Therapy (19-18-20-4-8-34-50-41-45)
newne.png 46. Ginevra Nervi – Gaslighting (46)

This is a haunting piece but also thought-provoking as well. I would especially point out the lyrics as well which is the main highlight of the song. I also like the sound production as well.
newdown.png 47. George Glew – Satellites (45-48-31-47)
newne.png 48. Søndag Søndag – Torsdag (48)

We are back with some contemporary classical music and this week we have Søndag Søndag with his Torsdag which means Thursday in Danish. This song is about 3 minutes, which is twice as long as in the video, but it is packed with emotions conveyed by the strings and piano. Søndag Søndag most recently had Sondag charted but this is another decent one from their upcoming self-titled album.
newne.png 49. Luz – Counting Houses (49)
newne.png 50. Alice Merton – Vertigo (50)

51. Susan H – My Body
52. Senhit – Adrenalina
53. Taia – Cut My Bangs
54. Charlotte Cardin – Sad Girl
55. Becky CJ – I Think I’m In Love With My Best Friend
56. Hidden Citizens, Katie Herzig – I Follow
57. Yona – Solut heraa eloon
58. Dean Lewis – Falling Up
59. Shadowkey, Britt Lari – Next One
60. Weyes Blood – Titanic Risen
61. Emilie Adams – Play God
62. Stealth, Aslove – So So Young
63. Sofi Bonde – On Fire
64. Cmqmartina – se mi pieghi non mi spezzi
65. Guun Kvaale – Cold
66. MADOUX – Leave Me Blind
67. Black Veiled Brides – Fields of Bone
68. Natalia Gordienko – Sugar
69. Tessa Violet, lovelytheband – Games
70. Saint Nomad – Stay
71. Newfamiliar – Here For You
72. Isyana Sarasvati – IL SOGNO
73. Manchester Orchestra – Keel Timing
74. Rovere, Mameli – freddo cane
75. Benedict Cork – All My Famous Friends
76. Rachel Chinouriri – Through The Eye
77. Masha Ray – Drip Drop
78. Lola Young – Ruin My Make Up
79. Todd Carey, Emma Oliver – Ain’t Just You
80. Florian Kunstler – Halbe Liebe
81. Mural – Deep
82. Lucy Cloud – Crash and Learn
83. Becky Hill – Last Time
84. PARTICLES – Pleasure
85. Portair – Where The Sun Goes Down
86. Miss Montreal – Alles
87. Paul Elias – Sanat takas
88. Foxes – Dance
89. Oli Fox – Honey
90. Oh Land – Listen a Little Less

All listed songs are available in this playlist (updated weekly):

Plain top 50:

1. Lil Nas X – MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)
2. Promis3 – Future Funeral
3. Gjon’s Tears – Tout l’univers
4. Kyns – I can never be
5. Salem ilese – (L)only Child
6. Primo – Do It Again
7. Destiny – Je me casse
8. Jamala – Like a Hero
9. Shalisa – Karma
10. Noireve, Giulia Foddai – Summer Don’t Go
11. Charles – He Knows
12. Shamir – Ocean Eyes
13. LANKS – The Silence
14. Max Richter, Mari Samuelsen, Robert Ziegler – Follower
15. Tayler Buono – IFHU
16. Hana Oceans – Austers
17. CELINE – Hotel
18. Loney Dear – Mute / All things pass
19. VICTORIA – growing up is getting old
20. Daughtry – Heavy Is The Crown
21. Nohanna – Aidinaidin raivolla
22. Loi – I Follow
23. Ilse DeLange – I Will Help You
24. Caroline Culver – Walking On Glass
25. Ninski, Sky M. – Hazy
26. Andrea Di Giovanni – Crown
27. VICTORIA – imaginary friend
28. iRO – Yesterday’s News
29. Nick Wilson – Lead Me to the Water
30. KOKO, Nina Chuba, Dillistone – 22s
31. Winning Team – Where I Belong
32. Zayde Wolf – Holy Water
33. Pinkiscool – Plastic
34. LP – One Last Time
35. Mimi Webb – Good Without
36. BATHSHEBA – LALA
37. Keir, Fenne Lily – leave a light on
38. Motez ft. The Kite String Tangle – Give Me Space
39. Kings Elliot – Bitter Tonic
40. Mathieu Des Longchamps – Mademoiselle Tomovic
41. RORI – The Same Way
42. Reiley – Let It Ring
43. Mark Clennon, Rainer + Grimm – Stray
44. Imagine Dragons – Follow You
45. ROSIE – Retail Therapy
46. Ginevra Nervi – Gaslighting
47. George Glew – Satellites
48. Sondag Sondag – Torsdag
49. Luz – Counting Houses
50. Alice Merton – Vertigo

This post has been edited by uhsting: Apr 17 2021, 10:03 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post Apr 18 2021, 08:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Hiii

Montero #1 cheer.gif smashing!
(L)onely Child smashing as well cheer.gif it enters my chart tomorrow finally yass.
Ooo Do It Again almost top 5 *.* I really am so glad you got a find out of this one.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post Apr 19 2021, 10:51 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
QUOTE(JSG @ Apr 18 2021, 09:37 AM) *
Hiii

Montero #1 cheer.gif smashing!
(L)onely Child smashing as well cheer.gif it enters my chart tomorrow finally yass.
Ooo Do It Again almost top 5 *.* I really am so glad you got a find out of this one.

MONTERO (Call Me Your Name) is growing very hard in me kink.gif I'm glad I'm into it a lot! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif (L)only Child is really great as well with the production and glad it is slayying somewhere else too yaaaas! Do It Again is very close to top 5 and I'm grateful that you introduced me to this amazing bop! Thanks for the comment!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 19 2021, 06:49 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
I gave that LANKS song a listen last week (back when it was still high up your chart whoops) - sounded decent although didn't grab me as much as I'd hoped, could still grow on me though! Didn't realise Luz had a new song out - listening now, sounding pretty nice, added to my playlist. Fab to see Vertigo sneak in as well!

+Quote this post
JSG
post Apr 20 2021, 07:40 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
QUOTE(uhsting @ Apr 19 2021, 11:51 AM) *
MONTERO (Call Me Your Name) is growing very hard in me kink.gif

!!!!!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post Apr 20 2021, 08:46 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Apr 19 2021, 07:49 PM) *
I gave that LANKS song a listen last week (back when it was still high up your chart whoops) - sounded decent although didn't grab me as much as I'd hoped, could still grow on me though! Didn't realise Luz had a new song out - listening now, sounding pretty nice, added to my playlist. Fab to see Vertigo sneak in as well!

I think The Silence is quite different from KING but both captivated me in two different ways! It is quite the usual ballad song you will see in my charts and the instrumentation is very beautiful indeed (LANKS's voice is also much less raspy in this song). I also Luz has a change in direction too as her newer singles tend to be more laid-back than her previous ones but this new song is quite decent! A bit surprised to see Vertigo to start out quite low, could jump next week! Thanks for commenting!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 20 2021, 05:14 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Hi Uhsting! smile.gif

Everyone loving Lil Nas X! I will have to try and get over my rap bias laugh.gif , the video is especially good

I'm still avoiding all Eurovision songs till the week, so my charts will be behind yours quite a bit by then! laugh.gif

Still lovin LP and Imagine Dragons...

Sondag Sondag sound mellow interesting smile.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post Apr 20 2021, 09:39 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 20 2021, 06:14 PM) *
Hi Uhsting! smile.gif

Everyone loving Lil Nas X! I will have to try and get over my rap bias laugh.gif , the video is especially good

I'm still avoiding all Eurovision songs till the week, so my charts will be behind yours quite a bit by then! laugh.gif

Still lovin LP and Imagine Dragons...

Sondag Sondag sound mellow interesting smile.gif

Lil Nas X definitely got over my rap bias so I hope that will do it for you too! I'm hoping the Eurovision songs will make an impact to you and I will make sure this time I will re-enter some of the top 10 tracks I have earlier (or even more)! Sondag Sondag is a nice duo of classically trained musicians and I liked their Sondag before. Torsdag is another nice piece by them so I'm excited for them to release an album soon!

+Quote this post
Sven10
post Apr 25 2021, 12:18 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,108
Hi Uhsting,

Great Top 10 with : Lil Nas X, Gjon´s Tears and Primo cheer.gif

Wow, Ilse DeLange in the Top 30. She´s bubbling under in the official Dutch Tipparade chart.
You mentioned Davina Michelle in your comment, but couldn´t find her track here ? happy.gif

Mimi Webb up in the Top 40 dance.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post Apr 27 2021, 09:12 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
QUOTE(Sven10 @ Apr 25 2021, 01:18 PM) *
Hi Uhsting,

Great Top 10 with : Lil Nas X, Gjon´s Tears and Primo cheer.gif

Wow, Ilse DeLange in the Top 30. She´s bubbling under in the official Dutch Tipparade chart.
You mentioned Davina Michelle in your comment, but couldn´t find her track here ? happy.gif

Mimi Webb up in the Top 40 dance.gif

Hi Sven! Glad you like a couple of songs from top 10! Ilse DeLange has a great song and I hope she will get into the Tipparade chart! I like Davina Michelle's songs but her most recent song is not cutting it for me sadly sad.gif Her Liar is really good though! Thanks for the comment!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:10 PM