BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ariana Grande
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Sep 15 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #21
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #10

'Don't Call Me Angel' is out now!

Ariana's collaboration with Miley Cyrus and Lana Del Rey - 'Don't Call Me Angel' for the Charlie's Angels soundtrack - is out now! They dropped both the song and music video on Friday so there's been a lot for us to digest in the forum. This has resulted in a lot of discussion over the last couple of days which is fabulous to see! Let us know what you think of the song and video if you haven't yet joined in the chat. Or perhaps get out your crystal ball and tell us where you think the song will debut in the chart.

Don't Call Me Angel - who is #1 angel?

A fresh new thread created by Bal asks us who we think was most impressive on the song 'Don't Call Me Angel' and who shone most in the video. Make sure to vote in both polls and let us know your reasons for these choices!

Don't Call Me Angel: initial ratings

The 'Don't Call Me Angel' talk does not end there quite yet. In this thread I asked you guys what your initial rating of the song, artwork and video would be. Let us know above!

My Everything: The Rate - Results

'Don't Call Me Angel' related chat is not all that has been going on! As us mods have been working hard to present results for the recent 'My Everything' rate too. This rate was created to celebrate the 5 year anniversary of Ariana's 2nd studio album. Results 15-12 have been announced, so feel free to catch up now before we go any further.

Bang Bang vs. Don't Call Me Angel

...more 'Don't Call Me Angel' content? Of course! As Cody asked us to choose between Ariana's two fierce female trio songs. Ari, Jessie and Nicki vs. Ari, Lana and Miley. Let us know if you prefer 'Bang Bang' or 'Don't Call Me Angel'!

Other discussion points this week included Lana covering Ariana in the Live Lounge (the crossover is just unstoppable right now) - with a cool rendition of 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' and Ari playing some more shows in the UK this weekend. Turns out that some fans casually met her in Boots during her stay in the U.K.! Plus a lot of our members have gone to see her this weekend. Let us know your memories if you're one of 'em.

Plus, it was announced that we were 8th in the Posters' Chart with 62 posts for last week. Thanks so much for returning us to the top 10 after a quiet week!

- Your Ariana Grande mods
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 22 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #22
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #11

'My Everything' rate results close to wrapping up!

At the time of writing this, the #2 song has just been revealed in our 5 year anniversary rate for 'My Everything'! Have a catch up now ahead of the winner being announced and let us know your thoughts on how the results have turned out.

Ariana smashes a new streaming record

This week 'thank u, next' became the first album by a solo female to have all its songs reach 70 million+ streams on Spotify! Come and discuss the achievement and where your favourites on the album rank in terms of their streaming numbers.

Does Ariana need to take a break?

Today cqmerqn started a thread asking us whether we think Ariana should take a break or not. This follows the news that 'Don't Call Me Angel' is likely to drop out of the top 10 in the UK next week from #2. Do you think she does? If so, for how long? Let us know!

'Don't Call Me Angel' discussion ongoing

Be sure to join in DCMA chat if you haven't already! At the moment we're waiting for the US chart position to be announced.

Ariana address chart success and her music

Ariana has come out and told her fans that they shouldn't focus so much on chart positions, instead it's the quality of the music that's important. Do you agree with this sentiment?

Be sure to check out the general discussion thread too - discussion points this week have included Ariana's name being considered for the Wicked film, the trailer for her fragrance 'thank u, next' being released and the news that she will feature heavily in the 2020 edition of the Guinness World Records!

It was also announced that we were #2 in the Posters' Chart with 176 posts - amazing! Thank you for the support.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 29 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #23
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #12

'You Don't Own Me' with Kristin Chenoweth out now!

Ariana recently had the honour of working with one of her heroes, Broadway legend Kristin Chenoweth. This week we got to hear their duet for the first time! It is a cover of Lesley Gore's 'You Don't Own Me' and features on Chenoweth's latest album 'For The Girls'. What is your opinion on their take of the song? Let us know!

Christmas collaboration with Idina Menzel coming soon!

This week Idina Menzel announced that she would be releasing a swing-themed Christmas album in October. None other than Ariana is appearing on the album! The two have a song together called 'A Hand For Mrs. Claus'. Come and join in the chat ahead of its release in a little under three weeks!

Best collaboration with Cashmere Cat?

This week I asked the forum what their favourite Ariana and Cashmere Cat song was, following the popularity of the best Nicki feature thread. So... is it 'Adore', 'Be My Baby' or 'Quit' for you? Let us know in the thread above!

'boyfriend' is certified silver

It was announced that Ariana received her 25th UK certification to date this week! Summer single 'boyfriend' is the latest in line to earn the achievement.

'Don't Call Me Angel' chat is still in full swing and it was also announced that we were 4th in the Posters' Chart with 137 posts, thank you everyone!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 6 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #24
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #13

Best song from each Ariana album?

This week we asked - what is your favourite song from each of Ariana's studio albums? Does an album track eclipse the singles on any of the records for you? Let us know!

'Love Me Harder' turns 5 years old!

This week marked 5 years of 'Love Me Harder' featuring The Weeknd, the third single to be taken from 'My Everything'. Come and celebrate with us!

Ariana leads the way for EMA nominations

This week it was announced that Ariana has taken the EMAs by storm - as she is the most nominated artist! She is up for 7 different awards, find out what they are above.

It was also announced that we finished 6th in the Posters' Chart with 61 posts. Thank you for another week in the top 10!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 13 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #25
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #14

Charlie's Angels: track-list revealed and 'How It's Done' released!

This week the track-list for the upcoming 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack was revealed! Take a look at the thread above to see who Ariana has collaborated with on the project. In addition this, the opening song from the album 'How It's Done' was released - feel free to give it a listen and let us know what you think.

A chain of Ariana opinions

This week I started a game in the AF as a get to know exercise! All you have to do is ask and answer questions related to Ariana. It's been interesting to see what people's opinions are so far. If you haven't joined in yet then please do so!

'Santa Tell Me' to feature on Now 100 Hits Christmas

News related to 'Santa Tell Me' is already in full swing as Ariana's festive hit has made it onto the Now 100 Hits Christmas compilation! If you don't think it's too early to be talking about Christmas songs yet then come and jump into the chat!

Impending changes to the Sweetener tour are teased

Ariana has teased some changes to her Sweetener tour after the current European leg is over. But what could they be? Speculate above!

'Sweetener' features on Pitchfork's End-of-decade albums list!

'Sweetener' has been crowned as the 100th best album of the decade by Pitchfork. What do you think of this placing?

'thank u, next' features on Pitchfork's End-of-decade songs list!

In addition to the 'Sweetener' album recognition, Pitchfork chose 'thank u, next' as the 48th best song of the decade. What do you make of this?

'NASA' vs. 'E.T.' mash-up

This week Jonjo shared a mash-up with us that incorporates two spacey songs - Ariana's 'NASA' and Katy Perry's 'E.T.'! Have a listen above.

Alessia Cara does impressions of various celebrities including Ariana!

This week Alessia Cara took on multiple celebrity impressions on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. What did you think of her Ariana impression? Let us know!

It was also announced that we finished in 10th place with 36 posts in the AF Posters' Chart for last week. Thank you for another week in the top 10!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 20 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #26
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #15

'A Hand For Mrs. Claus' is out now!

Idina Menzel has teamed up with Ariana amongst others for her festive swing album 'Christmas: A Season of Love'. Their collaboration, 'A Hand For Mrs. Claus', was released on Friday! So if you don't mind listening to Christmas music in October then give it a listen and let us know what you think.

Ariana to feature on a remix of Lizzo's 'Good As Hell'

It was confirmed that Ariana is to feature on a remix of Lizzo's 'Good As Hell' after a clip leaked earlier in the week! What do you think of this idea? Do you think they could snatch another Billboard Hot 100 #1 each with it? Be sure to tell us your thoughts!

Two new YouTube milestones for Ariana!

This week 'boyfriend' passed 100 million views on YouTube for Ari and 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' reached 300 million!

Q Magazine to feature Ariana in their 'best of 2010s' list

News just in - Ariana's name is on the cover of Q Magazine as featuring in their 'best songs of 2010s' list. But what has she made it in with? Speculate above!

The European leg of Ariana's tour concluded this week also, with two final London shows. Lastly, it was announced that we climbed to 6th in the AF Posters' Chart with 52 posts - thanks everyone for the consistent support, it's much appreciated.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 27 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #27
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #16

Lizzo's 'Good As Hell' remix featuring Ariana is out now!

Ariana has jumped on a remix of Lizzo's 'Good As Hell' and it was released on Friday! Have you had the chance to listen to it yet? Do let us know what you think of it.

New 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack song is out there

Anitta's 'Pantera' is the latest song to be made available from the Charlie's Angels soundtrack ahead of its full release next week! What do you make of it?

New YouTube milestones!

This week has been exciting for Ariana's YouTube channel once again! '7 rings' hit 600 million views and 'Don't Call Me Angel' passed 100 million.

This week has also been heavy for vinyl news - 'Dangerous Woman' is available for 11.99 for a limited amount of time in HMV's vinyl sale, plus there are rumours circulating that 'Yours Truly', 'My Everything' (for a second time) and 'Christmas & Chill' are getting vinyl releases in the future! Ari also had an amusing Twitter exchange with U.S. politician Bernie Sanders. Catch-up on the forum now if you've missed out this week! Finally, it was announced that we finished 6th in the AF Posters' Chart, with 74 posts, so that was a fantastic week for the forum. Thanks guys for contributing!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 3 2019, 02:43 PM
Post #28
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #17

The Charlie's Angels soundtrack is out now!

The soundtrack for the upcoming 'Charlie's Angels' movie, which Ariana is heavily involved with, was released on Friday! Four new Ariana songs can be found on the album in addition to 'Don't Call Me Angel'. These are 'Bad To You', 'Nobody', 'How I Look On You' and 'Got Her Own'. Please let us know your thoughts if you've had the chance to check it out yet!

Best Ariana soundtrack song?

In the lead up to the 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack release, we ran a poll asking what your favourite Ariana soundtrack song is to date. These include 'All My Love', 'Beauty And The Beast', 'Don't Call Me Angel', 'Faith' and 'They Don't Know'. Be sure to show some love for your favourite!

Spooky Ariana remixes!

Popular YouTube channel moonlight records has recently provided us with spooky versions of '7 rings' and 'Don't Call Me Angel' for Halloween. The two of them have blown up quickly. Are you into them? Which of the two is your favourite?

'Dangerous Woman' named as one of Q's best songs of the 2010s!

Q magazine recently revealed that Ariana would be a part of their 'best songs of the 2010s' countdown. It turns out that the song in question is 'Dangerous Woman'! What do you think of this choice? Inspired or a let down? Let us know!

It was also announced that we were 10th in the AF Posters' Chart with a tally of 32 posts for the week. Thank you for keeping us in the top 10!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 10 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #29
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #18

General discussion - Ari goes home empty-handed at the AMAs but is celebrated in other ways

Unfortunately Ariana failed to win any AMAs at the 2019 ceremony despite receiving a whopping 7 nominations. But it's been a good week for her otherwise in our general discussion thread! First, 'no tears left to cry' was named as the 9th best song of the decade by Stereogum. 'Into You' also showed up in their list at #41! Her power in the charts has also been recognised - such as her not leaving the Billboard Hot 100 for over a year and a half (as 'Don't Call Me Angel' is still there). She's also been recognised as the 12th biggest artist of the decade by Billboard and Rolling Stone have said that she's averaged 89.8 million weekly streams this year. Amazing! Come and jump into the chat.

Ariana is back on the road

Ariana's tour will resume tonight and the set list now includes songs from one of her Christmas EPs 'Christmas & Chill'! Do you welcome the change?

'Santa Tell Me' season is back in full swing

Okay it may only be November but that doesn't mean that we can't start tracking 'Santa Tell Me's progress in 2019 yet! Come and join in with the festive chat.

Best new Ariana Charlie's Angels song?

The release of the 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack last week gave us four new Ariana songs! But which is the best? 'How I Look on You' is currently leading the poll... but do you agree? Be sure to vote in the poll and let us know which song you chose.

thank u, next turns one!

Ariana's smash hit single 'thank u, next' has now turned a year old! She posted an emotional tribute on Twitter to mark the occasion. Come and celebrate with us above!

Finally, we finished in 8th place with 41 posts in the AF Posters' Chart. Thank you for keeping us in the top 10 again!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 03:57 AM