BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ANOTHER Boris Johnson Gaffe
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Anita Hanjaab
post Nov 10 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #21
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 9 2017, 10:29 PM) *
I suspect the reality is that he was too lazy to make sure he was fully briefed. Of course, he probably also doesn't accept that Ms Zaghari-Ratcliffe was really on holiday. After all, she didn't meet any foreign government ministers.

!!!!

kink.gif

Full front page Mirror headline demanding mad May sack him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Nov 10 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #22
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

Going back to the original point, why on earth would 'training journalists' be considered a crime, let alone one that would add 5 years onto a sentence?

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 10 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 10 2017, 03:31 PM) *
Going back to the original point, why on earth would 'training journalists' be considered a crime, let alone one that would add 5 years onto a sentence?

nasty regime not keen on open democracy. Plenty of those about in the world...

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Nov 11 2017, 03:30 AM
Post #24
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

Ok, we have ANOTHER (third?) BORIS Johnson gaffe just in these last two weeks.

"Boris Johnson has "sparked outrage" by appearing to back Spanish bullfighting, the Mirror reports. The paper says the foreign secretary dubbed attempts to ban the event "political correctness gone mad"."

TheMirror is goin at him again, god bless them. The blundering oaf is now showing his bloodthorsty, out o touch, old, sinister side again. Young Spanish largely HATE bullfighting. It is an archaic and brutal bloodsport. Banning it however is an internal Spanish matter, although it brings huge intetnational disrepute, especially when the pro-union lot try to stop Cataluña from banning it in their territory ohmy.gif

For Boris to stick his oar in and to say animal suffering is just 'political correctness gone mad' shows he lives in a different world and is callous. This will bring MORE shame on thr UK, esp with Spanish youth and other countries. Every time this moron speaks, as - inexplicably - foreign secretary, it looks like he speaks for the UK and sets the UK's stance on issues.

Well past time for him to go.

He just gets more and more disgusting.

And oops, even THE SUN NEWSPAPER is calling him 'bungling Boris' and wanting him to get thr sack! One of their top stories is how the Spanish mps were 'fuming' and 'antagonised' and calling him a 'clown' after he lectured them on keeping the 'sport'!! P.R DISASTER.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Nov 11 2017, 06:42 AM
Post #25
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 11 2017, 03:30 AM) *
Ok, we have ANOTHER (third?) BORIS Johnson gaffe just in these last two weeks.

"Boris Johnson has "sparked outrage" by appearing to back Spanish bullfighting, the Mirror reports. The paper says the foreign secretary dubbed attempts to ban the event "political correctness gone mad"."

TheMirror is goin at him again, god bless them. The blundering oaf is now showing his bloodthorsty, out o touch, old, sinister side again. Young Spanish largely HATE bullfighting. It is an archaic and brutal bloodsport. Banning it however is an internal Spanish matter, although it brings huge intetnational disrepute, especially when the pro-union lot try to stop Cataluña from banning it in their territory ohmy.gif

For Boris to stick his oar in and to say animal suffering is just 'political correctness gone mad' shows he lives in a different world and is callous. This will bring MORE shame on thr UK, esp with Spanish youth and other countries. Every time this moron speaks, as - inexplicably - foreign secretary, it looks like he speaks for the UK and sets the UK's stance on issues.

Well past time for him to go.

You know why he doesn't get fired, right?

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 12 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

Now Gove has decided to stick his oar in and make matters worse. When asked in an interview this morning what Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was doing in Iran, he answered "I don't know". He must have known he would be asked about it, so we can only assume that he thought pleading ignorance was a better idea than being seen to criticise Johnson. Clearly Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe's future is not something they wish to see interfere with their unbending ambition.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 13 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #27
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 12 2017, 08:04 PM) *
Now Gove has decided to stick his oar in and make matters worse. When asked in an interview this morning what Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was doing in Iran, he answered "I don't know". He must have known he would be asked about it, so we can only assume that he thought pleading ignorance was a better idea than being seen to criticise Johnson. Clearly Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe's future is not something they wish to see interfere with their unbending ambition.

Benefit of the doubt. He really IS ignorant, alternatively.....

(that's always been my theory laugh.gif )

Mind you, he probably wants to support Boris Johnson as much as he did in the leadership campaign when he stabbed him in the back and was thrown into the political cold until it became helpful to Mad May to have him on side in her wild-eyed quest for a WTO Hard Brexit excommunicated UK.

"Nothing has changed!" she shrieked after the general election, her harpy wings flapping in the cold still air, "Nothing. Has. Changed."

Looks like you have to actually try to do the PM's job in secret to get sacked. Everything else is acceptable.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 15 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Amazingly, this thread has been quiet for a whole two months. It can be revived now though. It is being reported that Johnson twice managed to confuse Yemen and Lebanon in a Cabinet meeting. How much more evidence is required before his supporters accept that this fat lump is too lazy to bother reading his briefing papers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/9-bo...-mixes-11849144

It's a shame the Mirror haven't realised that the country dropped the definite article from its name decades ago, but I didn't want to link to the Mail or the Sun who have also reported this story. It's in the print version in the i but I couldn't find it on its rather limited website.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jan 15 2018, 03:52 PM
Post #29
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 15 2018, 03:45 PM) *
Amazingly, this thread has been quiet for a whole two months. It can be revived now though. It is being reported that Johnson twice managed to confuse Yemen and Lebanon in a Cabinet meeting. How much more evidence is required before his supporters accept that this fat lump is too lazy to bother reading his briefing papers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/9-bo...-mixes-11849144

It's a shame the Mirror haven't realised that the country dropped the definite article from its name decades ago, but I didn't want to link to the Mail or the Sun who have also reported this story. It's in the print version in the i but I couldn't find it on its rather limited website.

The Mail reported this one yesterday, but if I'd posted a Mail URL no-one would have read it. rolleyes.gif

However, now you've heard about it elsewhere... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-52...ling-Boris.html

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 16 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #30
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

He's also claiming the UK pays the EU 433m a week, having got his sums wrong originally. It's called stumping up the lies with a new bigger lie. Obviously been studying Trump carefully..

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 16 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #31
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jan 16 2018, 11:22 AM) *
He's also claiming the UK pays the EU 433m a week, having got his sums wrong originally. It's called stumping up the lies with a new bigger lie. Obviously been studying Trump carefully..

Some members of the Cabinet are paying a little game. They are trying to determine how big a lie they can get away with before being sacked.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jan 16 2018, 12:30 PM
Post #32
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jan 16 2018, 11:22 AM) *

It's ironic that politicians get more attention when they do something wrong, than at any other time. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Jan 16 2018, 12:55 PM
Post #33
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Member No.: 10,596

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jan 16 2018, 12:30 PM) *
It's ironic that politicians get more attention when they do something wrong, than at any other time. tongue.gif

Is it not the same with most jobs?

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jan 16 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #34
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Soy Adrián @ Jan 16 2018, 12:55 PM) *

Yes, but most people's cock-ups don't make newspaper headlines. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Jan 16 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jan 16 2018, 02:59 PM) *
Yes, but most people's cock-ups don't make newspaper headlines. tongue.gif

I think Boris subscribes to the notion that it's not a cock-up if it ends up as a newspaper headline.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 16 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #36
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Soy Adrián @ Jan 16 2018, 12:55 PM) *

I'd agree with this. People hardly ever get praised for work in late capitalist neoliberal societies, unlike the 90s on Friends. Now it is a mistake supersedes EVERYTHING.

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Jan 17 2018, 08:35 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Jan 16 2018, 05:13 PM) *
I'd agree with this. People hardly ever get praised for work in late capitalist neoliberal societies, unlike the 90s on Friends. Now it is a mistake supersedes EVERYTHING.

Are you actually a bot?

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 19 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #38
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

On the day that the French president has said that there should be no special deal for the City of London, the government needed a distraction. Naturally, they were able to rely on Johnson to provide it with his suggestion of a bridge over the Channel. Never mind the underfunded NHS, what we really need is a bridge over one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world. A bridge to link the UK with the very countries the government is busy severing ties with. Please tell me we have been living in a Yes Minister episode for the past few years and that normality will be resumed soon.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jan 19 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #39
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 19 2018, 11:11 AM) *
On the day that the French president has said that there should be no special deal for the City of London, the government needed a distraction. Naturally, they were able to rely on Johnson to provide it with his suggestion of a bridge over the Channel. Never mind the underfunded NHS, what we really need is a bridge over one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world. A bridge to link the UK with the very countries the government is busy severing ties with. Please tell me we have been living in a Yes Minister episode for the past few years and that normality will be resumed soon.

Original series, or the recent re-make?

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 19 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 19 2018, 11:11 AM) *

fits in well with his expensive London Garden Bridge farce which cost the taxpayer tens of millions with not a single brick of the "privately-funded" project being laid.

Who wouldnt want to spend untold hundreds of billions on the longest car park in the world as people drive to the UK only to find customs can't cope with turning most of them back to france, or the hordes of Calais immigrants walking over and abseiling down the last bit before customs?

More telling is how dumb journalists are for giving it column inches. He might as well have said I suggest the UK send me to Mars on a one-way rocketship. Both are equally plausible, and at least the latter would galvanise half the voting public to opt for it: Boris gets to be eternally famous, which is what he wants, and he can set up his own tax-free Marsdom while he counts his money. The rest of us get to never have him come up with hairbrained schemes that cost us money.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:13 PM