BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna biopic "scrapped" (post-poned?) due to tour
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 24th January 2023, 10:16 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Tbh I’m wanting it to still happen but only for Julia Garner who I absolutely love
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 24th January 2023, 11:17 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It sounded like a disaster waiting to happen, unless like everyone's saying she does step back from directing it herself.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 25th January 2023, 09:30 AM
Post #63
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Jan 24 2023, 11:17 PM) *
It sounded like a disaster waiting to happen, unless like everyone's saying she does step back from directing it herself.

I was coming in to say largely the same thing.

I think the concept is a sound one, but the execution (such as it seemed to be going) was unlikely to produce a result in keeping with her legacy. I think a TV series would have been a better idea, albeit less buzzy/less financially rewarding.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 25th January 2023, 09:59 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Jan 24 2023, 10:23 PM) *
I think this has been kinda obvious for a while, I remember there being “insider” rumours about it being scrapped last year but Madonna’s not made any sort of reference to it all for ages either.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was scrapped due to Madonna being too hands on and not being able to let go enough for them to be able to tell a good story. I'm sure the thought of Madonna directing didn't excite Warners either.

Now would be the perfect time for her to say she's stepping back from the project to focus on her tour - it would allow her to bow out gracefully instead of being "dropped" from her own biopic.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th January 2023, 02:54 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(tommie @ Jan 25 2023, 09:59 AM) *
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was scrapped due to Madonna being too hands on and not being able to let go enough for them to be able to tell a good story. I'm sure the thought of Madonna directing didn't excite Warners either.

Now would be the perfect time for her to say she's stepping back from the project to focus on her tour - it would allow her to bow out gracefully instead of being "dropped" from her own biopic.

Agreed, I can definitely see Warner wanting to produce a film that's got a neat, glossy story arc, perhaps at the expense of historical accuracy, whereas I imagine Madonna would want to tell it exactly like it is and have herself presented the way she sees herself opposed to the 'idea' of herself.

I would agree that a series would be a better way of Madonna getting her story across the way she wanted - a 4x60 series would allow the room to dive deeper than a feature-length film would whilst being reasonable in terms of holding people's attention.

+Quote this post
ChrisJK
post 27th January 2023, 06:02 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 122,015

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Jan 27 2023, 02:54 PM) *
Agreed, I can definitely see Warner wanting to produce a film that's got a neat, glossy story arc...

NEAT?
Anyone who says my biopic is neat has to go smile.gif

This post has been edited by CJK: 27th January 2023, 06:02 PM

+Quote this post
vibe
post 27th January 2023, 07:00 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

😂🤣🤣

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th January 2023, 09:36 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(CJK @ Jan 27 2023, 06:02 PM) *
NEAT?
Anyone who says my biopic is neat has to go smile.gif

laugh.gif !

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 29th January 2023, 04:38 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Well she stuck to it! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Hotlady
post 29th January 2023, 09:27 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,586

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 29th January 2023, 10:11 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Jan 29 2023, 06:38 PM) *
Well she stuck to it! laugh.gif

As if she can't do both. It seems she's just using the upcoming tour as an excuse to cancel / postpone the biopic.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 28th February 2023, 09:52 AM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

According to The Sun, Madonna is planning a documentary to “replace” the biopic. It’s going to include footage from The Celebration Tour so seems like it could be similar to Truth or Dare and I’m Going to Tell You a Secret.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/74752...-doomed-biopic/

MATERIAL GIRL Madonna planning ‘massive and expensive documentary’ after ‘doomed biopic cost studio $12million’

MADONNA is planning to save face with a fly-on-the-wall documentary after her biopic was canned, a source has told The U.S. Sun.

The Queen of Pop, 64, was left high and dry when Universal Studios last month decided to pull the plug on the movie, which she was set to direct and co-write.

Now an insider says that the Like A Virgin star plans to fight back by filming a documentary about her upcoming 2023 world tour.

It would potentially take the form of Michael Jordan’s mega-hit The Last Dance series, with footage from the Celebration Tour as its backbone.

The Hollywood source told The U.S. Sun: "Madonna plans to record and film a lot of her Celebration Tour and use that footage for future projects.“Making a documentary, which she has done before, most famously with her 1991 Truth or Dare project, is on the table.

“But it's a massive undertaking and would require tons of expensive research and legal clearances of old footage that Madonna doesn't own, plus the need to wrangle loads of talking heads from Madonna's past to get on camera and say nice things about her.

“It's a big job, and it really carves into the tour profits if Madonna's funding something like that on her own.

“Right now, the only thing green-lit for the tour itself is to capture the big hit performances as beautifully as possible.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 28th February 2023, 08:13 PM
Post #73
Group icon
User: 13,007

I think that's actually a more sensible decision. I'd be intrigued to see her backstage thoughts and musings at this stage in her career.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 1st March 2023, 09:51 AM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Feb 28 2023, 08:13 PM) *
I think that's actually a more sensible decision. I'd be intrigued to see her backstage thoughts and musings at this stage in her career.

I loved the previous two tour documentaries she did, I hope she’s as at ease with herself as she is in those, I feel like recent interviews with Madonna have felt quite… false? Almost as if she’s acting the part of Madonna rather than just being herself. I want to feel that human connection to Madonna again.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd June 2024, 01:13 AM