BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Emma Harrison - A bigger parasite than the bankers..?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Feb 27 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190
QUOTE(Gezza76 @ Feb 27 2012, 09:58 PM) *
I sense the sound of the gravy train coming to a halt...........

With a shuddering screech of the emergency brakes..... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 28 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #42
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Feb 27 2012, 08:52 AM) *
Ha Ha, really loving how this thread has suddenly transformed into a discussion of Scottish independence.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

I take it nobody wants to discuss Emma "I'm a parasitical bitch who screws over the unemployed and fleeces the tax-payer" Harrison anymore then..... wink.gif

Apologies, that's my fault. kink.gif

There isn't much to discuss when it comes to this a4e cow, we all agree she's an evil witch and that these back for work things are immoral scams.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Mar 4 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #43
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190
UPDATE...

And here we have the very reason why "Workfare" must absolutely be resisted....

My job was replaced by a workfare placement
With the number of work experience placements rising, are we really to believe that there are no actual job vacancies?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...P=FBCNETTXT9038

Recently, I applied for a part-time customer service position in a local supermarket in the hope of earning some extra cash while studying for my A-levels. I was soon contacted to arrange a date for an interview. I was nervous, excited and worried – I, like many people, have a number of commitments and extracurricular activities, but I understood that working and earning some money would have to take priority over them. How could I complain? After almost two years of relentlessly handing out CVs and application forms, this was the closest I had ever got to employment.

A day after the interview was arranged, I received another call to inform me that a recruitment ban had been put in place at the store and they were no longer hiring. Despite my frustration, I wasn't all that surprised. With this supermarket having originally been named as one of the prime leaders in the government's "work experience" scheme, why on earth would they hire me for a permanent position when they can sift through all the eager, cheap young labour being filtered through the system?

Foreign Office minister Jeremy Browne said on the BBC's Daily Politics show that workfare was designed to combat a "something for nothing" culture in our society. However, the major flaw in this argument is that major corporations are getting exactly what they want for nothing. Some of them claim that they may end up paying work experience placements, but this will never amount to the full wage of an employee contract.

Everyone can agree that work experience and training are important and fulfilling, but they should not be to the benefit of exploitative businesses, designed to minimise cost and maximise profit. Surely it's worth questioning that there is now such a plethora of available work placements on a weekly basis: are we to believe that none of these could be converted to actual jobs? The system is just self-manufacturing biased and false success.

The government is constantly throwing statistics at the media in attempts to qualify their "achievements", but the rate of people finding work following the scheme does not differ much from the amount of time it usually takes someone on benefits to find employment anyway. The information is too quantitative and not qualitative enough to explain unique individual cases of how employment was found.

Here's a statistic that the government is been rather quiet about: seizure of cannabis in England and Wales has more than doubled since 2004. Growing frustration at a lack of proper employment is only likely to make that figure grow higher and higher.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't agree more.... ONE MILLION youth - 18-24 year olds - unemployment in this country, this is evidence of a despicable failure of the whole system IMO, but now that is being compounded by these "workfare" schemes that are now evidenced to be slowly replacing actual recruitment.. Is this the best the nation can offer its youth...? What a shameful admission.... The Government should be utterly ashamed of itself for how it's clearly failing the young of this country.... Time for a revolution methinks.... sleep.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:50 AM