BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Confessions on a Dancefloor ● THE RATE RESULTS, 15 years on
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vibe
post Nov 29 2020, 08:18 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Isaac is a fav on this site
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Nov 30 2020, 09:56 PM
Post #22
Group icon
User: 13,007

10. Like It Or Not ~ 7.93

Can't have the femme without the fatale

We enter the top 10 with the standard album's final track. Like It Or Not, 10 is the highest it could get! The song is a fair bit slower and subdued than the other numbers on the album, and it offers a more meloncholy end to the otherwise banging tracklist. In the song, she shoots back at critics as she states that love her or hate her, she will continue to blossom and thrive in her music and artistry. The Biblical references add power and might behind her struggle to remain on top of the game. It aptly closes an album that many consider to be one of her very best, and so it perfectly shows how despite the critics coming for her, even so far into her career she is able to shine in the way she does in this era.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Nov 30 2020, 10:52 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
This is all going very well so far, the bottom three album tracks are all in my bottom 4 so if How High goes out next then I'll have all my faves remaining wub.gif

+Quote this post
vibe
post Dec 1 2020, 09:11 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Like It Or Not is my fav track on the album !!!

The lyrics are so relatable !!!

I love it !!!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Dec 1 2020, 12:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Mansonette
Definitely not mine, it's okay but I usually wish I'd put a real Goldfrapp track on instead.

I don't particularly care for the lyrics either, they're too generic - also I guess generic does often mean it can be related to by many.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Dec 1 2020, 12:22 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Good results so far, I love Like It Or Not, but can easily see why others don't. Would be hard pushed to rank it much higher overall either, more down to the strength of the rest of the album.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Dec 1 2020, 12:48 PM
Post #27
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
the results are going pretty on track so far!!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 1 2020, 09:38 PM
Post #28
Group icon

09. How High ~ 8.07

Will it matter when I'm gone?

We are already in the 8 averages for songs and we've only just started the top 10! How High continues the theme of the previous song, as Madonna reflects on her career and her achievements to date. She questions how her fame has led to some uncertainties and issues but she will continue to power through them and achieve yet more greatness. It is a song that showcases great pride but also a sense of humility and reflection. It features the same electronic dance production of the rest of the album and uses this to explore whether her sacrifices in life and her career highs have been worth it. The robotic vocals that open the song set up vs the more honest vocals that follow show this conflict brilliantly. It's a song that asks 1000 questions and also leaves 1000 more to be answered.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 4 2020, 09:40 PM
Post #29
Group icon

08. Let It Will Be ~ 8.14

I'm at the point of no return

In Let It Will Be Madonna sings of her success and fame to date. She tells of the importance of making your own path in life and not letting others influence your decisions. As she sings to "watch her burn", she emphasises that mistakes will be made along the way, but these should be celebrated. It's a triumphant song where Madonna fights against her demons and tries to celebrate her success against this. The song continues the pulsating, synthing beats that surround it and it offers a further insight into M's mind at a crucial point in her career. Here, it ranks with a greatly respectable average as the huge scores continue!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 5 2020, 09:05 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Catching up ~ 'Push' is the only song on the main album I don't love so it's in the right position for me, as is 'I Love New York' but the goofy lyrics don't take away from the great production.

My personal order differs after that but the results are still going as I expected them to. 'Let It Will Be' and 'How High' manage to offer insight into Madonna's career without going too heavy; I particularly like how the latter asks questions that don't get answered, like a spontaneous flow of thought and reflection. The main focus of the album is clearly the music and these are two brilliant productions. 'Like It or Not' is a great way of winding down the album and gives a very confident, concluding statement following the more vague expressions earlier on.

Also, shout out to the fab Paper Faces remix of 'Let It Will Be'! heart.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 7 2020, 07:49 PM
Post #31
Group icon
A bit of a SHOCK next methinks (at least in my opinion)...

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 7 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #32
Group icon

07. Isaac ~ 8.58

Bring the heavens and the stars, down to earth for me

A shock? Still, this position is not to be snuffed at especially with such an impressive average. But alas, Isaac leaves us at a modest #7. The song takes us to the heavens, it brings the stars and the universe back down to earth and it does this through its exploration of time, space and everything in between. It challenged the listener to find their place in the grand scheme of the world around them and to challenge themselves to go to places they have never been before. It challenged listeners to tackle their demons and face the darkness around them. Ultimately about letting go (it was originally going to be called 'Fear of Flying'), Madonna settled on the titular name after the featured vocalist Yitzhak Sinwani, who sang portions of the Yemenite Hebrew poem Im Nin'alu. It's an incredibly engrossing song and one that sounds huge on an already grand and elaborate album.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 7 2020, 08:18 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I'd have placed 'Isaac' higher but, knowing the songs that are above it, it would be hard to argue any of them didn't deserve their place in the Top 6.

It's my favourite album track on 'Confessions'; the way the production builds and drops towards the end is everything.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 7 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #34
Group icon
The final half is so sublime. The entire song is, but the end in particular wub.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Dec 7 2020, 08:55 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Mansonette
I won't be shocked at anything I don't think unless Hung Up doesn't win - but I'd definitely have had Isaac higher than 7th. It's so unique among her catalogue and totally agree that the second half of it is just fantastic.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 10 2020, 08:37 PM
Post #36
Group icon

06. Future Lovers ~ 8.64

I'm gonna tell you about love

One of Madonna's most fascinating and alluring songs; with a hefty average, it has narrowly missed the top 5. Future Lovers is the tour's opener and in a way, it should be the album's introduction too. The opening lyrics "I'm gonna tell you about love" set the scene perfectly for a trippy experience that is to follow as Madonna takes us down a futuristic road of love and lust and ethereal experiences. Heavily inspired by Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" (and performed as part of a medley with the song on the Confessions Tour), it's a song that daringly takes the listener into a distant future where love is free and can shine on for an eternity. It has multiple meanings and interpretations, but above all it represents love in its most powerful guise and all of its glory.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 10 2020, 08:39 PM
Post #37
Group icon
GOSH what an album. The way songs like Future Lovers and Isaac can miss the top 5 and it not be considered a major travesty. The strength is undeniable, everything is KILLER <3

+Quote this post
vibe
post Dec 11 2020, 09:10 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I thought isaac would be higher especially on this site.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 13 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #39
Group icon

05. Jump ~ 9.11

I'm gonna tell you about love

The fourth and final single from the album, it's the first of the singles to drop out here. Jump was originally intended to be the third single but was pushed further back in favour of 'Get Together'. The song is about self-empowerment and finding strength in the start of a new relationship. The music video for the song was shot in Tokyo and shows Madonna in blonde wig alongside neon signs and parkour acrobats. The song was a middling hit across the world and continued the dance-pop synthing vibes of the three singles before it. A club ready song, it has here passed the 9 average mark and has done exceptionally well, especially considering it has "only" managed 5th place!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 13 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #40
Group icon
This used to be my favourite single from the album but it has since been overtaken considerably by the rest of them. Still, this is a delight though and such a vibe wub.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:44 AM