BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | US | Season 16 | Episode 7
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 17th February 2024, 02:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

It's Rusical time once again. This week the remaining ten queens take on The Sound of Rusic ~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 17th February 2024, 03:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Honestly what dirt does Mhi'ya have on Ru? Because jeeeeez how much longer is she gonna keep scraping through giving the bare minimum every week and relying on tricks in lip-syncs? Selena.png I've been really warming to Megami the last few weeks so it's a shame to see her go (and she definitely won that lip-sync imo, compared to Miss Mhi'ya on the other side throwing everything but the kitchen sink into it).

That was definitely one of the weakest rusicals we've seen in a while ngl. Besides Plasma winning (shock) and Sapphira slaying a lot of them kind of just faded into the background with not much to do? Morphine, Xunami, Plane Jane, Megami, Dawn, etc all just had basic minor supporting roles that gave absolutely nothing. Pawns for other larger than life roles. Megami's commentary on Q's critiques was everything too, getting a high placement for dragging a train across the main stage with minimal choreography... drama.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th February 2024, 03:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I find Q so ridiculously unlikeable, easily my least favourite, she is so arrogant and I really don’t think she’s bringing it as much as she thinks she is! Her runways are immaculate, of course, but I don’t find that she has a point of view or any spark of individuality to them, and her challenge performances outside of design pretty much are just exactly enough but never pushing above that or giving her own spin on anything. Idk just like look at Nymphia as a look based queen, I feel like when you see a runway you can tell it’s her and she always puts her twist and brand on it, Q just kind of wears a technically good outfit and comes out and gives just enough. And the judges eat it up anyway, Megami about her being praised for the “choreo” that was absolutely ridiculous laugh.gif Anybody could have walked across the stage and pulled a stole across it, but I doubt they would have been in the top for it… I know the runway was great but if they really wanted to put her in the top they could have just said that instead of pretending like she revolutionised the Rusical.

Plasma definitely won for me but what I hate with Rusicals sometimes is the roles are so imbalanced, I feel like virtually whoever had Plasma’s role would have been in the top if not won, whereas say the roles that Dawn, Xunami, Nymphia and Morphine had, how were they meant to stand out? I guess you could argue they should fight for the bigger roles, but I feel like in Season 15 for example where the Rusical was later, it came off so much better because there were less roles so each one had a bit more time to shine and it was more equal. I actually really like Plasma too, I didn’t expect to but instead of being this annoying theatre gay I feel like it’s quite refreshing that she is really passionate about musical theatre and her references in a way that’s endearing, rather than being this entitled theatre queen like say a Jan or Alexis Michelle.

Plane Jane was also really nasty about Mhi’ya this week, I find someone who’s quiet and comes alive on during her lipsync performances and is more reserved/introspective preferable over yet another mean white twink. I just think when it crosses over to being about someone’s personality instead of their drag it goes from shade to just being nasty. Also Mhi’ya washed Megami, why was Megami performing a self empowering song like it was Hurt by Christina Aguilera laugh.gif Miley in the video herself takes her shoes off and kind of goes to church just feeling the song and dancing and Mhi’ya did exactly that so definitely felt the song and you could see it coursing through her veins for the time she was on stage.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th February 2024, 05:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

What a f***ing joke of a Rusical. All 3 'leads' were in the top, shocker. I don't think I've ever seen a Rusical with more imbalanced roles than this one. It's like they wrote 4 roles and then added 6 more last minute.

What have Xunami, Plane and Dawn done to be safe exactly? I can't remember them being on stage almost at all. I thought Morphine was a solid safe.

Really liking Mhi'ya's lip syncs, looking forward to seeing her lip sync next week again kink.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th February 2024, 09:12 PM
Post #5
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Wow I disagree a lot! I thought this episode was a knockout, amazing

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th February 2024, 09:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon

To summarise my takes on this week:

* Agree with Liam about Q. I also dislike her, she's like more delusional and mean Loosey. Great designer though. I don't actually get 'drag queen' from her at all though
* I thought this was the first episode Plane Jane did demonstrably well and not just average, but then her runway wasn't to the level of some of them. I do genuinely think she is a mean person though and it isn't put on for TV.
* Plasma killed it. I find her mostly annoying still but she really did kill this, and although the biggest role has good potential to win it also has a LOT more potential for the performer to fvck up some aspect of it because there's so much more content. She had to learn four songs AND all those steps in probably just a few days.
* Sapphira was also really good and in the perfect role for herself
* Nymphia was in the background a bit and imo struggled a little this week in the performance
* Dawn and Mhiya would be my bottom 2 this week, Dawn fell out of the lipsync a couple times and Mhiya had the issue with the cloth falling in front of her face which they have just used to justify bottom placements for Plasma and Amanda
* Megami shouldn't have been in the bottom, but she did lose the lipsync and she wasn't going to win the contest so it's no big loss for me.

Next out: Mhiya and Xunami I think in any order. Possibly one of Dawn or Q for shock value though!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 19th February 2024, 12:16 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Feb 17 2024, 10:12 PM) *
Wow I disagree a lot! I thought this episode was a knockout, amazing

I came here to say the same lol

Seriously this was one of the best Rusicals in a while!!!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 19th February 2024, 12:18 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

And btw, Plane Jane as Jelena Karleuša ohmy.gif for Snatch Game got me excited for next week's episode lol.

This post has been edited by Addy!: 19th February 2024, 12:20 AM

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 22nd February 2024, 06:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

There's such a CLEAR top 5 forming here, I feel - Sapphira, Nymphia, Plasma, Plane and Q. I'm not sure who won't quite make it, leaning towards Q.

I guess now would be a time for one of my (almost definitely miles off) predictions based off what I've seen so far and knowing no spoilers:

9th: Mhi'ya Iman Le'Paige
8th: Xunami Muse
7th: Morphine Love Dion
6th: Dawn
5th: Q
3RD/4TH: Plane & Plasma
2nd: Nymphia
1st: Sapphira

I can't see Mh'iya surviving a third week in a row in the bottom and Snatch Game seems like the exact type of thing to take out a more timid personality. If there's a Lip Sync Lalaparuza at the final 8 (no idea if they're doing that again but they've been going down well, so it'd make sense), Xunami strikes me as the weaker performer - maybe Q vs Xunami as the worst 2 in that, but Q managing to Bosco her way out of it somehow. Morphine has been coasting but acting as a common talking head so 7th feels like a natural spot for her.

Dawn, I feel, could still get her first win yet but I don't see her breaking into the top 4, she just hasn't had enough love. Kinda feels similar to a Denali or someone like that.

If we're having each queen get their own songs in the final, Sapphira and Nymphia strike me as having the biggest brands and the most unique performance style to make it over the other two. Then, I'd think Sapphira would win, as her lip syncs are pretty iconic.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 22nd February 2024, 08:41 PM
Post #10
Group icon

I hope if Plane and Plasma go to top 5 they start bitching with each other!

+Quote this post
152chris
post 25th February 2024, 09:56 AM
Post #11
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

QUOTE(RobBot @ Feb 22 2024, 06:45 PM) *
There's such a CLEAR top 5 forming here, I feel - Sapphira, Nymphia, Plasma, Plane and Q. I'm not sure who won't quite make it, leaning towards Q.

I guess now would be a time for one of my (almost definitely miles off) predictions based off what I've seen so far and knowing no spoilers:

9th: Mhi'ya Iman Le'Paige
8th: Xunami Muse
7th: Morphine Love Dion
6th: Dawn
5th: Q
3RD/4TH: Plane & Plasma
2nd: Nymphia
1st: Sapphira

I can't see Mh'iya surviving a third week in a row in the bottom and Snatch Game seems like the exact type of thing to take out a more timid personality. If there's a Lip Sync Lalaparuza at the final 8 (no idea if they're doing that again but they've been going down well, so it'd make sense), Xunami strikes me as the weaker performer - maybe Q vs Xunami as the worst 2 in that, but Q managing to Bosco her way out of it somehow. Morphine has been coasting but acting as a common talking head so 7th feels like a natural spot for her.

Dawn, I feel, could still get her first win yet but I don't see her breaking into the top 4, she just hasn't had enough love. Kinda feels similar to a Denali or someone like that.

If we're having each queen get their own songs in the final, Sapphira and Nymphia strike me as having the biggest brands and the most unique performance style to make it over the other two. Then, I'd think Sapphira would win, as her lip syncs are pretty iconic.

you forgot about Mirage's RTN WIN WIN WIN WINNER run babe

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:04 AM