BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

> 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Last of Us, 2023
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 27th September 2022, 11:26 AM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I am so ready for this!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 27th September 2022, 05:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Was gonna start a thread myself!

I never played the game, I really wanted/want to, but there's no PC version and the only console at home is my brother's tearsmile.gif But I loved the clips I saw (especially the giraffe one <3) and it seems like it would be epic.

I will definitely check this series out though, that trailer looks brilliant.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th September 2022, 05:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

So many moments from the game in the trailer that (first half anyway) - looks like they are changing a few things up with regards to the seasons the narrative takes place in, so will be interesting how that shapes up.

Looks incredible and I am so excited to see how this translates. Hands down the best narrative I have ever seen in a game.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd December 2022, 09:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I will be very, very surprised if this is anything less than fantastic!

WOW!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th December 2022, 07:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Tafty³³³ @ Dec 3 2022, 09:06 PM) *

I will be very, very surprised if this is anything less than fantastic!

WOW!

It will be incredible, the game is one of the finest pieces of writing of the last 20 years. It looks like they have got the castings spot on and some of the visuals look great. I'm just interested to see how they change up the structure of the narrative ever so slightly for TV. Ashley Johnson playing Ellie's mum!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 11th January 2023, 04:27 PM
Post #6
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Almost every review of is glowingly positive. I’m so excited! 5 days to go until the UK premiere!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 17th January 2023, 01:16 AM
Post #7
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

This was superb, I love how they have captured the best bits of the game action to screen, I was a big fan of the extended prologue and how the car scene plays out and Sarah's on-screen death is just as bad as it is in the game.

They've changed the set up of Tommy, so interesting to see how they play that one out as in the game Joel & Tommy are estranged, but in the show it seems like they are in regular contact. Going to assume at this point the Dam doesn't feature, or they've changing that subplot out slightly.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 17th January 2023, 10:01 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Yeh I thoroughly enjoyed this, don’t know much about the game so was shocked with what happened to Sarah. I enjoyed the first 40 mins and it was 10/10 but was slightly annoyed it jumped 20 years ahead as I love these apocalypse style scenarios but they always do it in a future sense so you see the outcome rather than how we reach that(which is why I enjoyed Fear The Walking Dead so much). But at least we got a look at normal life for the first half of the pilot. I also didn’t know anything about the pandemic from the game so it’s an interesting take and I’m sure they will develop the story as the episodes go on.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 17th January 2023, 02:36 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(steve201 @ Jan 17 2023, 10:01 AM) *
Yeh I thoroughly enjoyed this, don’t know much about the game so was shocked with what happened to Sarah. I enjoyed the first 40 mins and it was 10/10 but was slightly annoyed it jumped 20 years ahead as I love these apocalypse style scenarios but they always do it in a future sense so you see the outcome rather than how we reach that(which is why I enjoyed Fear The Walking Dead so much). But at least we got a look at normal life for the first half of the pilot. I also didn’t know anything about the pandemic from the game so it’s an interesting take and I’m sure they will develop the story as the episodes go on.

It jumps ahead in the game too, but don’t let the apocalyptic setting trick you, it’s not a story about the end of the world, it’s about Ellie and Joel. Without wanting to say too much, let’s just say that pre-prologue talk about fungus will play in to the horror element the show will explore (which I cannot wait to see, probably next episode).

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 17th January 2023, 04:48 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Yeh the trailer for the next episode shows how different it is to the WD zombies - quite scary to think that temp change thing is actual fact albeit I doubt it would play out like this 😂

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 17th January 2023, 07:56 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

From the trailer I was surprised to see how well the practical effects for clickers and bloaters were, I'm excited to see what they end up doing when it comes to staying true to the source material. One of the most memorable images of the game (besides Sarah's death) was Henry unaliving himself after his brother Sam gets bitten so I'm hoping that's done well.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 17th January 2023, 08:23 PM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Calvin Maxwell @ Jan 17 2023, 07:56 PM) *
From the trailer I was surprised to see how well the practical effects for clickers and bloaters were, I'm excited to see what they end up doing when it comes to staying true to the source material. One of the most memorable images of the game (besides Sarah's death) was Henry unaliving himself after his brother Sam gets bitten so I'm hoping that's done well.

I've read that they have changed the Henry and Sam story slightly. Might be something to do with the new character they introduce in Pittsburgh (I think). The scene I asm most excited for is the giraffe one and of course the iconic ending.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 21st January 2023, 11:44 AM
Post #13
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

A phenomenal first episode, I've never played the game as I never had the console but I did watch the story through clips on YouTube, so seeing the first part play out was really well done, it was brilliantly creepy and reminded me a lot of Shaun of the Dead, and that first scene with the infected kid in the apocalyptic wasteland told you how bad it was in such few actions that was excellent. This always did seem like the game that would fit best on the screen so I'm pleased to see that's the case. The two young actresses were perfectly cast in particular and the zombies felt really terrifying.

It's really got the potential to flesh out and develop characters and parts of the game that they didn't have time to do. It's early days, but if it keeps up the level of quality, it could be a modern classic in the making. I am glad it seems to have put to bed the idea that video games can never be adapted well (even if people seem to be forgetting that already was proven with Arcane sleep.gif kink.gif)

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 27th January 2023, 07:26 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

A decent second episode there too after watching it today. Like the glimpses into the past too so we aren’t always in the present dystopia!

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 27th January 2023, 08:12 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

SHAMAZING

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th January 2023, 08:23 PM
Post #16
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Renewed for Season 2.. interested to see how they adapt Part II of the game as it's narrative structure is very differnt.

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 27th January 2023, 08:54 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

Has it been confirmed that they'll integrate Left Behind DLC for the first season or could they potentially leave it for the next one?

TLOU2 also has Abby's origin story so they could probably make it anthology-esque and elaborate on that for the next season

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th January 2023, 10:34 PM
Post #18
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Calvin Maxwell @ Jan 27 2023, 08:54 PM) *
Has it been confirmed that they'll integrate Left Behind DLC for the first season or could they potentially leave it for the next one?

TLOU2 also has Abby's origin story so they could probably make it anthology-esque and elaborate on that for the next season

Left Behind is in Season 1. Think there might be a flashback in ep 3 to it from what's been mentioned.

Can't say a way in which they encorporate a seperate season to share Abby's story. No idea how they'll adapt Part II at this point.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 30th January 2023, 06:01 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,043

The third episode is one of the greatest episodes of any TV drama I've seen in the past decade. Absolute perfection.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th January 2023, 07:55 PM
Post #20
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jαsє @ Jan 30 2023, 06:01 PM) *
The third episode is one of the greatest episodes of any TV drama I've seen in the past decade. Absolute perfection.

I am so excited to watch later. They've changed some bits up from the game & in all the reviews everyone said this was the highlight. Very excited for it, will post my thoughts later.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 13th June 2024, 06:26 AM