BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The X Factor: Celebrity and All-Star Series, Autumn 2019 | ITV - rumoured names on page 3
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Feb 13 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #1
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Just rumours at the moment, but it appears that, going on reports of the Daily Star and also several other outlets tonight that after 15 years on air, it's being axed/rested/however else they're dubbing it until 2020 to do a celebrity series this year: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/759...saturday-nights

I mean admittedly if it is true then it's no surprise given it was obvious about three years ago that it had run out of steam. But I'm intrigued to hear how they think a celebrity version will work in 2019 when the 2006 one was hardly a roaring success?

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Apr 20 2019, 06:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Season
post Feb 13 2019, 07:59 PM
Post #2
turns out i'm 100% that bitch
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

a celebrity version? why not just do a British version of The Masked Singer lol

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Feb 13 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #3
Jesus save us. Modernity has failed us
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

I love how a rumor started on TV Forum has made it to the national papers laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Feb 13 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #4
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Veteran
Member No.: 2

If I remember rightly they advertised for auditions for this year at the end of last season to get their applications in. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Feb 13 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #5
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

A celebrity version is a terrible idea. It was dreadful the first time round and will be again.

A send off series in the style of AGT: The Champions could work and would at least give it one last celebratory hurrah before it rests in peace.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 13 2019, 10:36 PM
Post #6
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

This celebrity/all-star mix is a gigantic mess.

The show needs to be rested a la Dancing on Ice to make people hungry for it again - this celebrity version would damage the brand even further than it already is

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 13 2019, 10:45 PM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

As I said in the other thread, AGT's Champions series was genius and has worked so well with an insane level of talent, but unfortunately Syco's f***ed over so many of the winners and most memorable acts that I doubt many of the biggest or best would come back laugh.gif I guess you never know though.

A celebrity version seems like the only idea worse rn than another normal series laugh.gif The last one was a disaster, and nobody is going to be chomping at the bit to see some Love Island/TOWIE flops and a couple of soap stars singing each week. If it was a sort of mini thing during Children In Need or Stand Up To Cancer, fine, but it's not really something they should do as a whole "normal" series. One of the big problems of a normal series is the lack of investment in winners, what's the point if they won't do anything after, and a celebrity series is hardly going to make a chart star out of Megan from Love Island or Gemma Collins after a couple of times singing ok on TV.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 13 2019, 10:45 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Is there any point resting it for a single year? :') If this is true, I appreciate them finally realising it needs to go, but it needs to be a longer rest than that. I mean Jesus, surely ITV aren't that creatively bereft to think of SOMETHING.

And that replacement sounds dire lmaooo

(actually that article is super misleading, it's not actually gone at all, it's just a celebrity one this year and then back to normal?)

+Quote Post
Conanderella
post Feb 14 2019, 11:07 AM
Post #9
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

a cheap tabloid article being misleading, that's quite a shocker kink.gif

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Feb 14 2019, 11:19 AM
Post #10
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 13 2019, 10:45 PM) *
As I said in the other thread, AGT's Champions series was genius and has worked so well with an insane level of talent, but unfortunately Syco's f***ed over so many of the winners and most memorable acts that I doubt many of the biggest or best would come back laugh.gif I guess you never know though.

A celebrity version seems like the only idea worse rn than another normal series laugh.gif The last one was a disaster, and nobody is going to be chomping at the bit to see some Love Island/TOWIE flops and a couple of soap stars singing each week. If it was a sort of mini thing during Children In Need or Stand Up To Cancer, fine, but it's not really something they should do as a whole "normal" series. One of the big problems of a normal series is the lack of investment in winners, what's the point if they won't do anything after, and a celebrity series is hardly going to make a chart star out of Megan from Love Island or Gemma Collins after a couple of times singing ok on TV.

Yeah itís a shame Syco screwed over so many of the big names. The only thing is that the exposure for numerous weeks on tv might be appealing for acts who are now struggling (like Leona, Alexandra etc). It could be a good opportunity to remind people why the won and reignite interest in them. Other than that, I canít see anyone wanting to return after the way they were screwed over lmao

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Feb 14 2019, 11:29 AM
Post #11
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Well - and I put a disclaimer here in case this statement comes back to bite me on the bum that what I say next is null and void in the event it happens - Olly certainly wouldn't do an All Stars series. He's not said himself but he's hinted that after his use as a whipping boy for all that was wrong with the 2015 series he doesn't fancy being that heavily involved again. And who can blame him when he's a coach on a series getting more viewers than either of the last two series of X Factor had and he has another sell out tour later this year?

JLS I can't see doing it - partly because Oritsť's current brush with the law is still looming over him, but also because JB seems quite happy being a farmer and presenter these days, Marvin likewise, but substitute farmer for DJ. Aston would be plausible enough a representation I suppose. Diana Vickers would be great too.

It'll be interesting to see how ITV copes without it in its absence. I imagine that their autumn Saturday schedules without it will end up being to them what Saturday nights are to the BBC at the times of year that Strictly isn't on.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Feb 14 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

If the rumours are true acts such as Olly Murs wont do it as they dont need to as they have had a very successful career.
In my opinion this would be more suited to former contestants/winners such as Ben Haenow, Sam Bailey, Rak Su, Eoghan Quigg, Leon Jackson, Marcus Collins etc and i would predict Louisa Johnson will be one of the first signed.
The acts mentioned had short lived success so having further association with the show can really only boost their profile.
Other acts such as Leona Lewis, Olly Murs, James Arthur etc will take all the guest performance slots.
I do like this idea,i know most wont but i hope the rumours are true as it could provide wonderful trip down memory lane when the show was something huge.
The only thing we are guaranteed is Steve Brookstein wont be part of it tongue.gif

This post has been edited by pippa: Feb 14 2019, 02:49 PM

+Quote Post
dobbo
post Feb 14 2019, 02:53 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

If Wagner and/or Honey G return I'll be watching.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Feb 14 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Rylan too.

+Quote Post
Maurice!
post Feb 14 2019, 10:33 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217

Confirmed by Simon now Simon interview

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 14 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

We... really don't need both laugh.gif I mean I'll watch, on paper it's great as I've said with the AGT series currently, but there's so many reasons why it won't work in theory - especially with last year's panel! If they did manage to get back a good bunch of the biggest/best names and fill the gaps with talented international contestants, it'd be maybe ok, but it's so bad for so long it's gonna take more than that. Also unlike AGT with some viral/really impressive acts, I can't think of many from worldwide X Factor, other than ones I just love for their music laugh.gif Francesca Michielin or Reigan Derry would kill me off I'd be so excited but they wouldn't light up the viewing figures!

Not to mention, part of the reason is that people are tired of so much X Factor, 2 series in one year is only going to accelerate that surely??

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 15 2019, 12:58 PM
Post #17
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

^Exactly!

How can this plan (that includes a celeb version no one was asking for) do anything but damage the brand even further?

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Feb 15 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

I really don't see who would want to go back... I mean sure they could probably get back the likes of Chico, Wagner, Tesco Mary etc.

But acts with actual talent/ that had something aren't going to back. Also how many people have actually spoken out about the show over the years? Would they want to come back?

I appreciate they're doing all they can to try and save a dying format, but I think the axe would be kinder.

+Quote Post
Wall
post Feb 15 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #19
🙄
Group: AF Inner Circle
Member No.: 10,643

Leona lewis coming for a second wind

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Feb 15 2019, 04:44 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

I'm so far beyond ready for the resurrection of Diana Vickers!!!!!!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 08:59 AM