BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> TV Pick of the Day, Saturday: The Family Chase and The X Factor
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
MacGirl
post 28th February 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #21
Group icon
New Entry
User: 26,595

Anybody watch sense8 yet on Netflix??? I'm thinking of bingeing the first season.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 28th February 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I shall be tuning in for The Replacement! Don't think I've watched something referred to as a "psychological thriller" before but I suspect the BBC will do a really good job.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 6th March 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #23
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Monday 6th March: Meet the Lords

BBC Two at 9:00pm
Genre: Documentary

Synopsis

The Government threatens to trim the Lords' powers if they rebel again and Lord Strathclyde publishes his review into the powers the upper house have to block legislation. Cameras follow Labour peer Alf Dubs as he attempts to push through an amendment to the Immigration Bill to allow unaccompanied refugee children into the country, while Admiral Alan West isn't happy about a public poll that has voted overwhelmingly to name a new polar research ship Boaty McBoatface and raises a question about it.

Monday 6th March: Mutiny

Channel 4 at 9:00pm
Genre: Challenge Show
Similar to: SAS: Who Dares Wins

Synopsis

Nine men recreate a voyage by William Bligh in 1789, when he and his loyal crewmen crossed 4,000 miles of the Pacific Ocean from Tonga to Timor after being cast adrift from HMS Bounty by mutinying seamen and left for dead. SAS: Who Dares Wins chief instructor Anthony Middleton is in charge of a crew of eight made up of sailors and complete novices, attempting the journey in a replica 23ft open wooden boat, with similar equipment and the same rations of food and water that Bligh's men had.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 6th March 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #24
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

There's also Broadchurch too but here are two programmes that people may not be as aware of!

Meet the Lords is of course very topical at the moment with the Brexit bill currently being debated there and so increasing the number of constitutional questions that surround it once again. It was really interesting last week and should be the same this week!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 6th March 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #25
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

I will have to catch Meet the Lords at some point!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 23rd March 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #26
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

Thursday 23rd March: The Red Nose African Convoy

BBC One at 9:00pm
Genre: Documentary

Synopsis

Six celebrities set out on a 700km drive across East Africa to deliver crucial supplies that will help Comic Relief projects continue their life-saving health work. Working in pairs, David Baddiel, Hugh Dennis, Reggie Yates, Michaela Coel, Katy Brand and Russell Kane put their driving skills to the test as they brave the infamous Northern Corridor, considered to be one of the world's most dangerous roads to lead a convoy delivering vital supplies across East Africa. Along the way they visit a maternity unit where supplies are scarce, find out about projects to help those with HIV, deliver bicycles to health workers and distribute 3,000 life-saving mosquito nets.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 24th March 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #27
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

Friday 24th March: Comic Relief/Red Nose Day 2017

BBC One at 7:00pm
Genre: Live Entertainment Charity Event

Synopsis

East London's O2 stages the centrepiece of Comic Relief as Lenny Henry, Jonathan Ross, Sally Phillips, Rob Beckett, Romesh Ranganathan, Warwick Davis and Miranda Hart front a night of fundraising fun and games. French and Saunders, Reeves and Mortimer, Matt Berry and Catherine Tate all perform, while Johnny Vegas and Joe Lycett take over the cooking and serving duties at a local pizza restaurant - what could possibly go wrong? James Corden presents an exclusive Car Pool Karaoke from LA with Take That, and the cast of Love Actually fast forward 13 years into `Red Nose Day Actually'. There are also exclusive treats from Mrs Brown, Alan Partridge, Peter Kay and David Walliams, live music by Ed Sheeran, Rag 'N' Bone Man and Emeli Sande, and reports from an array of celebrities on the work being carried out to aid disadvantaged people across the UK and Africa. To donate call 03457 910910.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 24th March 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #28
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

The Red Nose African Convoy was actually a good watch! It was a really good concept in showing you how Comic Relief money is actually helping these different places and made a change to the usual x celebrity pushing themselves to the physical limit.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 28th March 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #29
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

Tuesday 28th March: Inside No. 9: The 12 Days of Christine

BBC Two 10:00pm
Genre: Drama
Similar to: Tales of the Unexpected, The Twilight Zone

Synopsis

Christine Clarke brings a man back to her flat from a New Year's Eve party and her life immediately starts to unravel. Who is the terrifying stranger who keeps appearing in the apartment at night? Darkly comic tale by Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith, starring Sheridan Smith, Tom Riley and Michele Dotrice.

The episode originally aired two years ago but is getting a special repeat tonight. It has been highly praised by critics and viewers and is really worth a watch!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 30th March 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Thursday 30th March: Galapagos

BBC One at 9pm
Genre: Nature
Starring: Liz Bonnin
Similar to: Planet Earth II

Synopsis

Liz Bonnin joins a scientific team aboard the research vessel the Alucia on an expedition across the Galapagos Islands. The journey begins on the Galapagos' west side at the youngest and most volcanically active islands in the archipelago, Isabela and Fernandina, which are home to a richly diverse wildlife scene. Here, Liz and the team journey into the clouds above Wolf, the tallest volcano in the Galapagos, where they join a group of biologists hunting for the elusive pink iguana, which teeters on the edge of extinction. But how and why did it come to live on the top of a volcano? Back on the research vessel, Liz boards Alucia's Triton submersible to descend a kilometre into the ocean abyss in search of a new species hiding in the darkness. Liz also travels to one of the most remote locations in the Galapagos, Alcedo Volcano, in search of the largest population of giant tortoises. Plagued by drought, scientists are keen to find out how this prehistoric species has fared.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 31st March 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #31
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

Friday 31st March: Decline and Fall

BBC One at 9pm
Genre: Comedy
Starring: Jack Whitehall, David Suchet, Eva Longoria

Synopsis

Jack Whitehall, David Suchet, Eva Longoria, Tim Pigott-Smith and Douglas Hodge lead an all-star cast in James Wood's adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's comic novel. Oxford University divinity student Paul Pennyfeather is wrongly dismissed for indecent exposure, having been made the victim of a prank. He seeks employment at an obscure public school in Wales, where he encounters the glamorous mother of one of the pupils. For Paul it is love at first sight, but little does he know the surprises that lie ahead of him when he agrees to tutor her son over the summer holidays.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 31st March 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #32
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Decline and Fall looks like the type of niche comedy that belongs on BBC Two, like that Nina comedy-drama with Helena Bonham Carter last year. But quite an interesting cast list ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 1st April 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

I saw Decline and Fall last night. It was OK, but I suspect - as was suggested by one reviewer - I would get more out of reading the book. I was surprised to see John Woodvine in it. I thought he died years ago laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 2nd September 2017, 02:09 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Now that I'm not distracted by exams etc, a second attempt at making this thread happen tongue.gif

Saturday 2nd September: The Family Chase

ITV at 6pm
Genre: Game Show
Starring: Bradley Walsh, Paul Sinha

Synopsis

Spin-off of the popular quiz show, hosted by Bradley Walsh. This edition sees the Bennett family from Hampshire joining forces to try and outsmart one of the country's finest quiz brains - the Chaser.

Saturday 2nd September: The X Factor

ITV at 8pm
Genre: Talent Show
Starring: Simon Cowell, Sharon Osborne, Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger, Dermot O'Leary

Synopsis

Dermot O'Leary hosts as the UK's biggest singing competition returns for an exciting fourteenth series. Simon Cowell once again heads up the judging panel, alongside seasoned judges and music industry veterans Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger. As the first batch of hopeful groups and singers line up for their nerve-racking first auditions, Dermot will be on hand to offer support as always. What weird and wonderful performances await the judges this year?

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:45 PM