BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
95 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Coronavirus Part III, tokyo drift
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post 3rd April 2020, 04:35 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 3 2020, 05:34 PM) *
Yes, because Corbyn couldn't have reversed ten years of cuts in one month. It was the Tories who decided not to buy any more ventilators despite being told there were nowhere near enough to cope with a major outbreak.

Are you watching the live news conference? The Deputy Chief MO has just said we're nowhere near running out of ventilators and there's one for everyone who needs one and many more on the way next week.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 3rd April 2020, 04:36 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dhwe
post 3rd April 2020, 04:36 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 21,384

the situation here in the US right now is what happens when you give medical and insurance companies free rein over your healthcare system. apparently our government ordered 40,000 extra ventilators in 2008, which the company scrapped in 2012 after a merger: https://prospect.org/health/men-and-women-w...tilator-supply/

and here we are!

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 3rd April 2020, 04:36 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 05:24 PM) *
Oh I am sorry. What rattled your cage today? rolleyes.gif

Am sick of Boris and the Tories being blamed for the NHS not getting supplies. No-one could have predicted this would happen this year. There would still have been problems had Corbyn been PM today. It'll be sorted out.

Perhaps all the money they’ve shaken from the magic money tree in order to pay all these wages out (well they’ve promised to) would have been much better spent over the past ten years on our NHS who the could have been at least a little bit more prepared for something like this.

No, no one could have predicted this but that doesn’t mean we should have been thrifty with our health service. The fact is, we weren’t the first country affected and our government STILL out saving money above saving lives until they absolutely had to.

I’m sick of you sticking up for Boris, quite frankly. You’re either trolling, just as awful a person as he is, or both.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 3rd April 2020, 04:37 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 04:24 PM) *
Oh I am sorry. What rattled your cage today? rolleyes.gif

Am sick of Boris and the Tories being blamed for the NHS not getting supplies. No-one could have predicted this would happen this year. There would still have been problems had Corbyn been PM today. It'll be sorted out.

Pretty much an indictment of underfunding the NHS at any point. Which brings us back to the last 10 years of Tory governance, which this government is a continuation of, which deserves the blame. And any other government that cut it instead of giving it the tools it needs.

Cause and effect is not limited to one year or indeed any short time period - the problems with public services (and not just health, the crisis has shown how transport, social security and essential services like broadband are all woefully inadequately provided for) have become systemic and in dire need of funding. State action is now holding the country together.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 3rd April 2020, 04:38 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 05:35 PM) *
Are you watching the live news conference? The Deputy Chief MO has just said we're nowhere near running out of ventilators and there's one for everyone who needs one and many more on the way next week.

There may be enough at the moment but will there be enough next week? What about the week after? Don't be so naïve.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 3rd April 2020, 04:40 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(I. :II: z @ Apr 3 2020, 05:37 PM) *
broadband are all woefully inadequately provided for)

Are you referring to the current Sky BB fault? If so, Sky has just said it's nothing to do with increased demand but a main London exchange fault that could happen any time.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 3rd April 2020, 04:41 PM
Post #27
Group icon

QUOTE(dhwe @ Apr 3 2020, 04:36 PM) *
the situation here in the US right now is what happens when you give medical and insurance companies free rein over your healthcare system. apparently our government ordered 40,000 extra ventilators in 2008, which the company scrapped in 2012 after a merger: https://prospect.org/health/men-and-women-w...tilator-supply/

and here we are!

It is so disheartening to see after so much American political talk has been about the dire necessity of healthcare security for all, that this comes along and truly screws them over. A long time coming, but I hope that anyone who defends the private insurance industry after this never sees public office again.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 3rd April 2020, 04:44 PM
Post #28
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Advert spotted on the Tube - just for Chris:

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 3rd April 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #29
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

The Tories in charge now are the same Tories who have been in charge now and who have decided ACTIVELY to under-fund the NHS and make it harder to bring nurses over and to incentivise people into nursing and medicine in the first place.

And no amount of clapping and banging on pan lids for the NHS is going to help that. Maybe people could organise some kind of a collection to buy gloves and masks from amazon, that would do more good than making a racket for five minutes every Thursday night and then going back to the telly.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I am not amused at the above. Boris has said over and over again that he has no plans to dismantle and sell-off the NHS.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
Post #31
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Chris id a troll. No one can be that f***ing dense.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 3rd April 2020, 04:47 PM
Post #32
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 05:46 PM) *
I am not amused at the above. Boris has said over and over again that he has no plans to dismantle and sell-off the NHS.

I think that was referring to the 2017 WannaCry cyber attack which did cripple the NHS because of their underfunded IT.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 3rd April 2020, 04:48 PM
Post #33
Group icon

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 04:40 PM) *
Are you referring to the current Sky BB fault? If so, Sky has just said it's nothing to do with increased demand but a main London exchange fault that could happen any time.

I wasn't, I was referring to the idea that broadband is a necessity for modern life and therefore should be made a universal basic service that anyone can access, the same for any other basic necessity.

+Quote this post
T Boy
Post #34
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 05:46 PM) *

Boris also lies ALL THE TIME.

He needs the NHS now to get him out of this mess.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
Post #35
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

The whole UK system is broken with the media just letting things slide. Bloody Piers Morgan seems to be one of the few not letting people get away with bullshitting. Ten years of "we're putting more money than ever into the NHS" with no journalist saying "is it more when taking into account inflation? or population growth? Is there enough to keep up with advances in technology? To offset the recession?" To which the answers would have been a sheepish no across the board.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 3rd April 2020, 04:49 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(I. :II: z @ Apr 3 2020, 05:48 PM) *
I wasn't, I was referring to the idea that broadband is a necessity for modern life and therefore should be made a universal basic service that anyone can access, the same for any other basic necessity.

Most people can access it. Do you mean it should be free?

+Quote this post
p a v
post 3rd April 2020, 04:50 PM
Post #37
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I will never understand why American people don't want free healthcare for all there. Or at least they don't want it bad enough. It's literally everyone's right.

Even Russia has that and as much as there have been talks about trying to make the system stricter on unemployed people, nothing will change in the next many years.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 3rd April 2020, 04:52 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Queefantine @ Apr 3 2020, 05:46 PM) *
Chris id a troll. No one can be that f***ing dense.

Selling off the NHS would be political suicide. Boris apparently likes being PM. He's nor going to knowingly do anything to risk not being returned to power at the next election.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 3rd April 2020, 04:53 PM
Post #39
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 07:49 PM) *
Most people can access it. Do you mean it should be free?

That's why he said "anyone", not "most". So yes, it should be free.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 3rd April 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(🍆 @ Apr 3 2020, 05:53 PM) *
That's why he said "anyone", not "most". So yes, it should be free.

It's not essential though. Not like food and water. People not online can go to libraries and internet cafes to use the net.

+Quote this post

95 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:31 PM