BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Iceland (Söngvakeppnin) · Eurovision Song Contest 2020, Dadi Freyr - Think About Things
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LexC
post Jan 18 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Iceland 2020
Think About Things
Dadi Freyr
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LexC
post Jan 18 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
The ten contestants have been released onto Spotify (following an early sneaky leak)

Brynja Mary “Augun žķn (In Your Eyes)”
Daši Freyr “Gagnamagniš (Think About Things)”
DIMMA “Almyrkvi”
Elķsabet “Elta žig (Haunting)”
Hildur Vala “Fellibylur”
Iva “Oculis Videre (Oculis Videre)”
Ķsold & Helga “Klukkan tifar (Meet Me Halfway)”
Kid Isak “Ęvintżri”
Matti Matt “Dreyma”
Nķna “Ekkó (Echo)”

Dadi Freyr nearly got the nod against Svala in 2017 and Matti Matt was a member of Sjonni's Friends in 2011 will be the most familiar to fellow euroqueens. Jafet may have more information if there's any hot new talent among the line-up but Dadi surely enters this as the favourite.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Jan 18 2020, 10:03 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
Very early I’d bet this will be between Daši and Elķsabet but the Kid Isak song is produced by a very popular hip hop artist so that might do something although to be transparent i haven’t listened to any of these yet. Dimma is a famous metal band (lol not again pls) and Hildur Vala is a former Idol winner. Matti is very famous but I doubt he’ll win unless he’s got an absolute bop but then again he’ll surely win the granny vote and is a sure fire finalist. Everyone else I have never heard of.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jan 19 2020, 05:49 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
This is taking the early lead in Youtube views and generating a fair bit of Twitter hype

It's not totally my kind of music, but it's nice enough and would be the most interesting choice. Iceland shouldn't be shy about taking a risk after Hatari paid off so well so I hope it gets the nod

(She was on The Voice of Iceland a few years ago and no one turned!)

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jan 20 2020, 09:21 AM
Post #5
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
I wanted the song to end with a BANGGGGG but it didn't. This would've elevated it so much. sad.gif Oh well back to DNQ this year. Since I won't be in the country for this year's Eurovision they don't have much hope.

This post has been edited by SausageDestroyer: Jan 20 2020, 09:21 AM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 12 2020, 04:32 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
This is a pretty underwhelming selection, I really like Oculis Videre however and like Ekkó, but the latter isn't at all competitive.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Feb 12 2020, 04:38 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think we need to go with either Iva or Daši to do any damage in Rotterdam but I suppose we'll see on saturday how they perform live. IVA could definitely be a Top 10 entry in May if they play their cards right.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Feb 12 2020, 04:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
For anyone curious the following qualified from Semi 1:

DIMMA “Almyrkvi”
Ķsold & Helga “Klukkan tifar (Meet Me Halfway)”

It was simply a case of who actually performed well. DIMMA were actually pretty good but tbh we don't need another rock song just yet lol. I was fully expecting Elisabet to be a surefire finalist prior to the live show but man her vocals were wayyy off which is so strange because last time she was in the NF she slayed the vocals! These were eliminated:

Brynja Mary “Augun žķn (In Your Eyes)”
Elķsabet “Elta žig (Haunting)”
Kid Isak “Ęvintżri”

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Feb 17 2020, 09:47 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Daši and IVA qualified last saturday with Nķna also qualifying as a wildcard leaving us with five songs in the final which is two weeks from now.

DIMMA - Almyrkvi
A rock song. It was easily the strongest in its semi both vocally and performance wise but idk how I'd feel about sending another rock song. It pales in the inevitable comparison to Hatari and there are far better songs but rock fans might go wild voting for this on Feb 29. I think we could definitely qualify to the final with Dimma in Rotterdam but I doubt it would do much better than mid-table in the final.

Daši Freyr - Gagnamagniš
In the final he'll perform this in english as "Think About Things" which is an ode to his daughter (and IMO far superior to the Icelandic version). In MY opinion this is our strongest contender. They're quirky and unapologetically lame which is in a weird way really charming. I don't think it matters that this isn't quite as strong as their 2017 entry because most casual Eurovision fans and viewers have never heard it. I think we could do very well with Daši in Rotterdam and top 10 should not be ruled out.

IVA - Oculis Videre
The betting favorite and for good reason. IVA is a strong vocalist and does some impressive vocal acrobats here but the live performance was a bit stiff and she was noticeably a bit nervous during her performance but the vocals were spot on and almost no difference from the studio version which was great. The staging however was a bit weird and somewhat creepy (which might work in her favor tbh) and I personally hope that if she gets the nomination she changes up her staging. We'll see if anything changes in the two weeks before the final. I can imagine IVA doing really well in Rotterdam with the right staging. Some say she could even win, I'm not quite there yet but not ruling anything out.

Nķna - Ekkó
On some ESC websites this was already in second place in fan polls behind IVA and I honestly do not understand the hype. Nķna was the wildcard entry on saturday and I was really surprised to see her get it over Elķsabet although tbh Elisabet was not great in Semi 1 but seeing how I've seen her live before and she has an amazing voice I think something must have happened to cause her to perform so badly. Anyway back to Nķna, this song kind of flew past me as a very forgettable and boring entry but Nķna had nice vocals so it wasn't entirely bad. I don't see this winning the NF and if it does we're destined to NQ in Rotterdam.

Ķsold & Helga - Klukkan tifar
This was a surprise qualifier in semi 1 but tbh it was one of only two songs with actually good vocals. I can't imagine it having gotten a very high amount of votes though as the song is quite a non-event but semi 1 was just awful so it was actually my pick for qualifier along with Dimma. Ķsold & Helga are very charismatic though and they were great live but again the issue is just that the song itself was incredibly boring. Many have compared it to Germany's bottom placing entry "Sister" from last year and with good reason. This would surely NQ in Rotterdam.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Feb 19 2020, 10:50 AM
Post #10
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Daši is going viral on Twitter with Rylan and even Russell Crowe (!) tweeting about it. So I guess that’ll probably win now, but I really don’t get it sad.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Feb 19 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(J▲hq @ Feb 19 2020, 10:50 AM) *
Daši is going viral on Twitter with Rylan and even Russell Crowe (!) tweeting about it. So I guess that’ll probably win now, but I really don’t get it sad.gif

lmao RUSSELL CROWE WHAT laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 19 2020, 12:42 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I really don't get it either, it sounds like a doomed BJSC entry someone would send as an auto qualifier laugh.gif I get the whole purposefully lame vibe they went for but I don't like it much and I can't really see it working in terms of getting a good finish in May.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Feb 23 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #13
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
I'm hoping for Daši Freyr or Dimma!

+Quote this post
LexC
post Feb 29 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Oculis Videre has been eliminated before the superfinal!

It's now between Daodi and DIMMA

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 29 2020, 09:37 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
The mass hype is really annoying me in regards to Think About Things so I hope that doesn't win but ofc it will

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Feb 29 2020, 10:25 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
THANK GOD! It’s Daši!

+Quote this post
LexC
post Feb 29 2020, 10:34 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
See, I know we disparage this as intentionally lame hipster smoothie trash but in a year where everyone is being totally SRSBSNS I can see this being the most 'fun' song, really capturing people's imaginations and doing very well for Iceland.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 1 2020, 02:31 AM
Post #18
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Who tf is Daodi xx

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Mar 1 2020, 12:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
Yes! Love the winner

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 2 2020, 11:09 AM
Post #20
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 29 2020, 09:37 PM) *
The mass hype is really annoying me in regards to Think About Things so I hope that doesn't win but ofc it will

I hate it a little bit more with every semi-celeb that tweets about it

The performance/video I can see why people are into, but I don’t see anything fun about the song itself, it’s so monotonous

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:45 PM