BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Shame' - Robbie and Gary duet, Vid inside
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
De Niro
post 25th August 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of
User: 254

This post has been edited by De Niro: 26th August 2010, 03:36 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Kath
post 26th August 2010, 08:29 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

I've heard it now ... and seen the video:

Song = 6/10
Video = 8/10

It could be a grower though. I desperately wanted this song to be crap ... but it isn't. Don't get me wrong .... it isn't great ... but it isn't crap. Given the right song ... their voices work really well together. It really wasn't worth all the bigging up its had though.

Kath

+Quote this post
Robbieca
post 26th August 2010, 08:46 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 950

omg I LOVE the video, especially the part when he takes his shirt off and shows me his swallows which I haven't seen in FOREVER w00t.gif
and the very end is brilliant rotf.gif

the song's good toooooo yahoo.gif I think I kind of expected more from them but I'm glad it's a normal pop song, not another futuristic crap song whistle.gif

oh.. if anyone gets the video and/or the song - please PM me heart.gif

This post has been edited by Robbieca: 26th August 2010, 08:47 AM

+Quote this post
7heDreamer
post 26th August 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,939

Don't know what to make of it yet but it is not bad at all. The subject was like what we all expected and the video is boring for almost 3/4.3 minitues...
Their voices match and it is a nice song perhaps after a few more listens I will know what to make of it. On my first listen it looked like a great song for UK radio and public but kind of a miss for Europe though.

Edit: When they started to take shirts off I was afraid it would be too much of Brokeback mountain! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by 7heDreamer: 26th August 2010, 10:09 AM

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 26th August 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #5
Group icon

I've just watched the vid on VH1 - on Holiday so wasnt bothering getting up early. Very odd hearing a new song and video at the same time laugh.gif The opening guitar part really reminds me of a Rob B-side but Im not really awake yet so can't think which one laugh.gif As I expected it's a ballad but not too slow with a sing-along chorus - quite MOR and perfect for radio 1 and 2. I don't dislike it though - like you Norma I think it's a pleasant enough track but then that was obviously the aim - something nice and safe - just listening back as I am writing this post I now think the music sounds like a Beatles track as well - a slighly faster 'Blackbird'. The whole song reminds me of various different songs though. The vid is clever but the parts when they are singing with their old fashioned jackets on - they do look lack too old grandads - and more like Robson and Jermone than Jaggar and Bowie laugh.gif Just after it finished on VH1 Lazy Days came punping on though and it became very apparent how forgettable Shame was - nice and inoffensive but like you say Norma had it been released by let's say - Lee Ryan and Duncan from Blue it would flopped. laugh.gif

Illl go listen back to the Moyles interview - anything interesting said or did you not bother listening? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Kath
post 26th August 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(De Niro @ Aug 26 2010, 11:18 AM) *
Illl go listen back to the Moyles interview - anything interesting said or did you not bother listening? laugh.gif

The interview was quite entertaining ... both Gary and Rob gave laughs in equal measures. Something I noticed about four minutes into it ... and is very encouraging to Rob fans who feared nothing solo after this ... he said "this is a very interesting point in MY career' (something along those lines ... but the word MY was very clear).

On the other hand, when Moyles suggested to Gary that this was the end of Take That (i.e. starting as a five, ending as a five) Barlow gave his standard 'we don't know ...' answer which usually means they (he) do (does) know and is not saying because the fans may not like the answer.

Kath

This post has been edited by Kathyp: 26th August 2010, 10:25 AM

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 26th August 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #7
Group icon

Cheers - the listen back feature isnt working on Moyles website despite it saying it was available from 10.30 rolleyes.gif

I've listened 4 times now and am already sick of it. It's quite simply not interesting enough to hold my attention but then again I fully expected that. It will be a huge hit in the UK where bland sells in bucket loads but I tihnk it won't fare well elsewhere where people expect songs a hell of a lot more exciting. I can't see this being #1 in Germany in a million years for example. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 26th August 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #8
Group icon

Rob has just revealed via Twitter that there will be a new book out Sep 20th titled 'You Know Me' cheer.gif

He also said 'Could It Be Magic' is his least fave TT song describing it as being 'pants' laugh.gif

+Quote this post
ICR
post 26th August 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #9
Group icon
...who shall I tell my secrets to?
User: 565

Dusting off cobwebs - hi

I like the song and video - but get the feeling that means I am getting old

Would have prefered something to make my bottom wiggle - but them not sure Gary could have pulled that off

ok back into my box - byeee xxx

+Quote this post
Osiris
post 26th August 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Am I a righteous man?
User: 522

QUOTE(ICR @ Aug 26 2010, 09:29 PM) *
Dusting off cobwebs - hi

I like the song and video - but get the feeling that means I am getting old

Would have prefered something to make my bottom wiggle - but them not sure Gary could have pulled that off

ok back into my box - byeee xxx

Hello cobweb girl biggrin.gif

Personally I am undecided about the song, it's alright, might just need to listen a few more times

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 26th August 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #11
Group icon

Good to see you ICR cheer.gif

Rob has a history of releasing lead singles that tend to be very different and fresh - with the exception of 'Something Stupid'. Shame is quite similar to Something Stupid imo - only with far better lyrics and more adult contemporary sound - but in terms of the actual song itself it's dull in a similar way in my view. But I was never expecting a fast-paced electro or rock tunes with Gaz or board - in that sence I wish Rob had've done a duet with Mark Owen - that would actually be interesting - perhaps the only thing I can look forward to about the TT album? laugh.gif They said on Heart that Rob wrote the lyrics and Gary the music - pretty much how I expected their song-writing to be tbh - both focusing on their strengths. Makes sence but I woudlve prefered the song to be more of an anthemic type like Rule The World and Feel.

Rob just said on Heart that they will perform 'Shame' for the first time at the Help For Heroes gig.

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 26th August 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Made seperate thread for this from the album.

This post has been edited by De Niro: 26th August 2010, 01:03 PM

+Quote this post
artpopchris
post 26th August 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,054

I really like the video, but not too keen on the song atm. Its quite catchy though so im sure it will grow on me. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Kath
post 26th August 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(De Niro @ Aug 26 2010, 11:18 AM) *
as I am writing this post I now think the music sounds like a Beatles track as well - a slighly faster 'Blackbird'.

I knew the start of it seemed familiar! Thanks!

Kath

+Quote this post
Kath
post 26th August 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Just a funny thing! Did anyone notice when it was on TV just now (the channel that they're going to play it on the hour every hour) it says 'Shame' ... by Robbie Williams and Gary Below. Eh?

Kath

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 26th August 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

The video is SO SO gay. I honestly thought they were gonna start kissing at any moment.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 26th August 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/...ry-barlow-shame

They're back together again ... and in the era of the Brokeback Coalition, here's a homoerotic take on Robbie and Gary's patched-up relationship

It's the moment some feared would never happen while others feared it would. Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams are singing together on a song taken from Williams's forthcoming Greatest Hits, due in October. A preamble to Take That's reunion in November, think of this as a country-ish amuse bouche before the Stuart Price-produced, electro-tinged main course.

Shame has an arresting line about posters on the back of Toys R Us, but all attention will focus on the video, which sees the two men gaze lovingly into each other's eyes, strip to the waist and fall in love all over again. It's like Brokeback Mountain – but without that bit in the tent.

Kath

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 26th August 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(Kathyp @ Aug 26 2010, 02:29 PM) *
I knew the start of it seemed familiar! Thanks!

Kath

Yep VERY similar. Actually on 2FM right now the DJ is taking the p*** out the this and playing the start of both Blackbird and Shame. loads of people texting in complaining about how Rob and Gaz have ripped it off laugh.gif

This post has been edited by De Niro: 26th August 2010, 01:54 PM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 26th August 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(De Niro @ Aug 26 2010, 02:48 PM) *
Yep VERY similar. Actually on 2FM right now the DJ is taking the p*** out the this and playing the start of both Blackbird and Shame. loads of people texting in complaining about how Rob and Gaz have ripped it off laugh.gif

Just as the very start of Rob's 'You Know Me' was identical to that French song (can't bloody remember it now but its 40 years old) this Robgar song's start is identical to the Beatles one. However ... I'm sure Gary Barlow is perfectly aware of it and will have cleared it with McCartney first.

Kath

Edit ... there was much speculation on the TT site that Shame may get a US release. With this video? I think not! I love the video ... but I don't think it would go down well with our American Cousins!

This post has been edited by Kathyp: 26th August 2010, 01:59 PM

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 26th August 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Wouldnt it be hilarious if Macca sued them? rotf.gif rotf.gif

Yeah but it's different - Rob sampled that music for YKM and credited the writer - I highly doubt the credits of this will be Barlow/McCartney/Williams laugh.gif laugh.gif

I can't see why this would get a US release - it's nowhere near the same league of most of Rob's or TT's material that hasnt been successfull Stateside (apart from BFG and Rob's Ego album which sold quite well going Gold). If it is being released then the Egos of both are growing as we speak laugh.gif

I just listened to the Moyles interview - actually enjoyed it. They bounced off eachother quite well I thought. I always find it amusing how Rob never has a clue when his albums are out or what is even on them. Gary was more aware of the tracklistings of Rob's GH than he was laugh.gif

This post has been edited by De Niro: 26th August 2010, 02:08 PM

+Quote this post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:06 AM