BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Big Brother · Timebomb // Part 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 1st July 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Carry on discussing... The past thread is at 50 pages!

Last posts from the other thread:

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jun 30 2015, 11:04 PM) *
Marc has been vile tonight and I'm delighted they're starting to stand up to him. Horrible person.

QUOTE(steve201 @ Jul 1 2015, 01:56 PM) *
The thing with marc is that he has had a chip on his shoulder because he believes hes not liked for helping get brian out of the house so he is starting alot of the fights esp last fri after the eviction - even last night in the hotels staff HQ the others didnt really want to talk about brian again he was bringing it up.

Harrys attitude is coming from her arguement with Nick imo

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 1 2015, 02:16 PM) *
HARRY. STFU. WE'RE CLOSE TO GETTING RID OF MARC OR JACK! STOP!

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jul 1 2015, 05:59 PM) *
bbspy ‏@bbspy 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING NEWS: Big Brother 2015: Timebomb final confirmed for Thursday 16th July at 9.00pm #bbuk

QUOTE(FROOT. @ Jul 1 2015, 07:49 PM) *
I wonder when CBB will start then as I doubt it will be the day after on the Friday. They might even take a few weeks break considering how early this year's BB final is compared to previous years and help to build up some hype.

EDIT: Also seen that the BB final was meant to take place on Wednesday 22nd July so they've shortened it oops.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st July 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

To add to my last post, I have now seen that CBB will air in mid-August and therefore there will be a month gap. I think that's a good idea as it allows hype to build again and its probably why this year's series was so early. The focus is clearly on CBB and but the summer series doesn't get as high ratings as the January does and that's probably because it's immediately followed 10 weeks of the less popular civilian BB.

As I previously said though, they've shortened BB which is the first time in the show's history.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 1st July 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Ah yes the break is a good idea. They do prioritise CBB but this gives them a chance to make it even better than usual, which they really need to after this civilian series was a total mess.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st July 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

The demand for Gina from Chloe! *.*

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 1st July 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,963

Enjoyed tonight's show apart from Aisleyne. Hideous. Not even mentioning her means you want to row with her apparently. Maybe not mentioning her is Marc's problem as she has to be the centre of EVERYTHING. The sooner she leaves the better. "Please stop Marc" Chloe shouts! Nothing to the "lady" that started it. Carry on guys smile.gif I did laugh when Cristian pushed Marc away during his confrontation with Danny when they aggression was coming from the other side. Interesting Dexter and Carole are talking about how the housemates have jumped on a bandwagon re Marc meaning one housemates hates him so they all join in. It pays them to make someone look much worse than they are in order to make themselves look better. Well its having the reverse effect imo.

It was nice seeing more of Joel again. How stupid is Jack though not realising he was behaving that way as part of a task.

Cristian will get eaten alive by Jasmin LOL!

This post has been edited by torresgirl: 1st July 2015, 10:47 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st July 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Not seen the episode yet, so I presume #OperationSaveMarc is underway with the producers... nice. rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 1st July 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 1 2015, 11:38 PM) *
Not seen the episode yet, so I presume #OperationSaveMarc is underway with the producers... nice. rolleyes.gif

Well if they asked Aisleyne to start that argument that she got completely owned in, they are geniuses smile.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 1st July 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

That episode was hilarious esp at the end when Christian was getting eaten alive by the beautiful Jasmine and all the boys were in the iamspamspamamilooking at it in the mirror like a bunch of teenagers hahaha best moment of the series so far imo

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 2nd July 2015, 01:38 AM
Post #9
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

"I have a Wikipedia page and you don't!". Oh my, Aisleyne. mellow.gif

Also I don't think I've cringed as hard this series as I did watching Cristian trying to flirt with Jasmine in the smoking area. I like the guy and he's clearly quite insecure which is somewhat endearing but I really wish he'd stop putting on such a front for the cameras (for his own good as well as mine). He's unbearably unnatural pirate.gif. Agreed that the bit at the end with everyone watching through the mirror was hilarious though. laugh.gif

QUOTE(torresgirl @ Jul 1 2015, 11:29 PM) *
Interesting Dexter and Carole are talking about how the housemates have jumped on a bandwagon re Marc meaning one housemates hates him so they all join in. It pays them to make someone look much worse than they are in order to make themselves look better. Well its having the reverse effect imo.

I think it's pretty unfair and overly cynical to say housemates are simply on an anti-Marc bandwagon for tactical reasons. Can you imagine living with him 24/7?! He's incredibly argumentative, constantly goading people with often very nasty remarks to try and get himself a reaction. On top of that, nobody really knows where they stand with him because he's paranoid about 'game players'/'brown-nosers' and gets highly offended by anything he doesn't agree with or that makes him look bad (e.g. the antagonising Brian 'accusations'). I actually do recognise his entertainment value as a housemate but he's an obnoxious, extremely volatile character and would be an absolute nightmare to live with so I think their (seemingly) collective stance on him is completely understandable.

This post has been edited by Noahspike: 2nd July 2015, 01:39 AM

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 2nd July 2015, 06:57 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Jul 2 2015, 02:38 AM) *
"I have a Wikipedia page and you don't!". Oh my, Aisleyne. mellow.gif

Also I don't think I've cringed as hard this series as I did watching Cristian trying to flirt with Jasmine in the smoking area. I like the guy and he's clearly quite insecure which is somewhat endearing but I really wish he'd stop putting on such a front for the cameras (for his own good as well as mine). He's unbearably unnatural pirate.gif. Agreed that the bit at the end with everyone watching through the mirror was hilarious though. laugh.gif
I think it's pretty unfair and overly cynical to say housemates are simply on an anti-Marc bandwagon for tactical reasons. Can you imagine living with him 24/7?! He's incredibly argumentative, constantly goading people with often very nasty remarks to try and get himself a reaction. On top of that, nobody really knows where they stand with him because he's paranoid about 'game players'/'brown-nosers' and gets highly offended by anything he doesn't agree with or that makes him look bad (e.g. the antagonising Brian 'accusations'). I actually do recognise his entertainment value as a housemate but he's an obnoxious, extremely volatile character and would be an absolute nightmare to live with so I think their (seemingly) collective stance on him is completely understandable.

Sure I can see some of your points on how Marc is. I've said many times Marc can be irritating but for me the reaction and what he actually does is not in proportion. And I believe conscious or unconscious there is a definite herd mentality. What really riles them is they can't get the better of him, so they gang up, try harder and harder and make themselves look bad. If you say something often enough people start to believe it and they think they have strength in numbers. They have a group of "friends" and regardless who is right or wrong in a situation they stick to their side. That's why I love Joel he has his own mind. Even Sam to a point, she's much more rational. Harry in the diary room made the same point, they are just repeating what they hear and can't back it up. I can't remember who it was that said on BOTS that he's like a small child who is naughty but you can't help but laugh at him. I have 2 teenage boys and they were killing themselves laughing at some of the things he said last night. The phrase marmite was invented for this guy...

This post has been edited by torresgirl: 2nd July 2015, 07:09 AM

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 2nd July 2015, 01:15 PM
Post #11
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

QUOTE(torresgirl @ Jul 2 2015, 07:57 AM) *
Sure I can see some of your points on how Marc is. I've said many times Marc can be irritating but for me the reaction and what he actually does is not in proportion. And I believe conscious or unconscious there is a definite herd mentality. What really riles them is they can't get the better of him, so they gang up, try harder and harder and make themselves look bad. If you say something often enough people start to believe it and they think they have strength in numbers. They have a group of "friends" and regardless who is right or wrong in a situation they stick to their side. That's why I love Joel he has his own mind. Even Sam to a point, she's much more rational. Harry in the diary room made the same point, they are just repeating what they hear and can't back it up. I can't remember who it was that said on BOTS that he's like a small child who is naughty but you can't help but laugh at him. I have 2 teenage boys and they were killing themselves laughing at some of the things he said last night. The phrase marmite was invented for this guy...

There's perhaps an element of herd mentality but I think for the most part they're justified in their individual views of him so I don't find that to be particularly relevant. Also, he's such an unpredictable character in terms of his reactions/what can come out of his mouth and isn't exactly always honest or trustworthy (I've definitely see him rewrite history when recalling incidents in the DR etc. to make himself look better) so I'd imagine it's very easy to believe others over him.

Like you do, I dislike people just going along with the popular opinion or that of their friends but I haven't detected that too much really, maybe with the exception of Cristian supporting anything Danny says. With regard to Joel, he's definitely an individual thinker however Marc generally treats him with respect so he's had a lot less reason to vent about him or challenge him than others have (and he's also very intelligent and seems to choose his battles wisely). I'd imagine if Joel was sat down and asked about his take on Marc's behaviour, for example that towards Brian, it would largely be in line with the popular opinion. Same with Sam (although she'd probably underplay it compared to the others) and Harry (who, despite agreeing with him on people not being able to back up their arguments, still despises him for how he treats people).

I disagree as well about the reactions to Marc's behaviour being disproportionate. He regularly completely overreacts to things, such as Nick's nomination reasons, and pushes people continually for an argument which obviously winds them up. He's can be very good at 'winning' these because he gets a bit riled up, shouts, curses, interrupts and never allows others to get their point across properly (as seen even when he was in character as hotel staff and insisted on making remarks on John McCririck's 'review' of him). Just because people can't back up their argument with examples doesn't mean their observations and points are invalid - I feel in this case, his behaviour towards Brian may have been hard to pinpoint as it was more to do with how he made him feel with little remarks, jokes, looks, supporting Helen etc. Coupled with that, clear examples may not come to people on the spot when they have to deal with Marc's aggressive arguing 'style'. I'm inclined to believe their/Brian's account of Marc playing a part in antagonising Brian (with Helen being the main culprit of course) as they've lived with him and pick up on these more subtle factors rather than "the time he splashed him" or whatever.

Having said all that, his argument with Aisleyne last night was pretty impressive in how calm he kept throughout. They were both pretty much being as nasty as each other but she clearly came off much worse by getting aggravated, losing her cool and storming off (not to mention some of her cringeworthy comebacks!). He can definitely be very effective and clever in those situations too.

(Lol didn't mean to write so much but caught up on the last four episodes last night so it's all pretty fresh!)

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 2nd July 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Jul 2 2015, 02:15 PM) *
There's perhaps an element of herd mentality but I think for the most part they're justified in their individual views of him so I don't find that to be particularly relevant. Also, he's such an unpredictable character in terms of his reactions/what can come out of his mouth and isn't exactly always honest or trustworthy (I've definitely see him rewrite history when recalling incidents in the DR etc. to make himself look better) so I'd imagine it's very easy to believe others over him.

Like you do, I dislike people just going along with the popular opinion or that of their friends but I haven't detected that too much really, maybe with the exception of Cristian supporting anything Danny says. With regard to Joel, he's definitely an individual thinker however Marc generally treats him with respect so he's had a lot less reason to vent about him or challenge him than others have (and he's also very intelligent and seems to choose his battles wisely). I'd imagine if Joel was sat down and asked about his take on Marc's behaviour, for example that towards Brian, it would largely be in line with the popular opinion. Same with Sam (although she'd probably underplay it compared to the others) and Harry (who, despite agreeing with him on people not being able to back up their arguments, still despises him for how he treats people).

I disagree as well about the reactions to Marc's behaviour being disproportionate. He regularly completely overreacts to things, such as Nick's nomination reasons, and pushes people continually for an argument which obviously winds them up. He's can be very good at 'winning' these because he gets a bit riled up, shouts, curses, interrupts and never allows others to get their point across properly (as seen even when he was in character as hotel staff and insisted on making remarks on John McCririck's 'review' of him). Just because people can't back up their argument with examples doesn't mean their observations and points are invalid - I feel in this case, his behaviour towards Brian may have been hard to pinpoint as it was more to do with how he made him feel with little remarks, jokes, looks, supporting Helen etc. Coupled with that, clear examples may not come to people on the spot when they have to deal with Marc's aggressive arguing 'style'. I'm inclined to believe their/Brian's account of Marc playing a part in antagonising Brian (with Helen being the main culprit of course) as they've lived with him and pick up on these more subtle factors rather than "the time he splashed him" or whatever.

Having said all that, his argument with Aisleyne last night was pretty impressive in how calm he kept throughout. They were both pretty much being as nasty as each other but she clearly came off much worse by getting aggravated, losing her cool and storming off (not to mention some of her cringeworthy comebacks!). He can definitely be very effective and clever in those situations too.

(Lol didn't mean to write so much but caught up on the last four episodes last night so it's all pretty fresh!)

Ha ha no problem. Its hard to get your point across in one or two line sometimes! I think we see things completely differently and that's fine. I must admit to laughing along with my sons at some of Mark's comebacks last night in the argument with Aisleyne. He can be hilarious. I just feel like if you are someone's friend you should tell them when they are wrong. Chloe last night defended Aisleyne and told Mark to stop despite the fact Aisleyne started the argument from nothing and very very aggressive straight off the bat (I accept your point that there may have been subtle things we cannot see) but I'm basing this on what we actually saw. Again I thought Brian was in the wrong and again his friends should have told him so instead we've had weeks of "Marc drove Brian from the house" with very little to back it up. The vote will be very interesting on Friday. On vote to save I think Marc would stay no problem but with vote to evict he does have a chance of going. As our conversation shows he splits people right down the middle.

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 2nd July 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Jack is NOT stressed! Remember that people! rotf.gif

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 2nd July 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

And there goes Danny with his comments about Marc to James smile.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 2nd July 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Looks like Jack will be staying another week drama.gif Harry has really become such a bratty bitch the past couple of weeks. Her treatment of Nick is horrendous mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 2nd July 2015, 09:51 PM

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 2nd July 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

She's awful, glad nick has stood up to her or been told too lol

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 2nd July 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Simon Cowell is in the audience on BOTS ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd July 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Harry has probably been like this all along but they're showing it only now because their precious Marc is up for eviction and they couldn't throw another twist in there kink.gif

(not cynical at all, of course not ~)

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 2nd July 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

QUOTE(Rob S~ @ Jul 2 2015, 11:39 PM) *
Simon Cowell is in the audience on BOTS ohmy.gif

Just a lookalike, he's been there before laugh.gif

Harry's gone after that edit tonight. God, wtf is it going to take to get Jack out?!?! sick2.gif

+Quote this post
Defaze
post 2nd July 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608

Just catching up on Wednesday's episode and I'm in absolute tears at Aisleyne. What a riot of an individual. laugh.gif I didn't watch much of BB7, but surely she couldn't have been this unbearable back then? I know she had a huge following online pre-BB16, but it seems she's 'done a Nadia' and destroyed any semblance of that popularity with this latest stint.

This post has been edited by Defaze: 2nd July 2015, 11:50 PM

+Quote this post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:11 PM