BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiterdonia National Thread, 135: who the baddest?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Oct 26 2017, 08:00 AM
Post #21
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

For 100 we've decided on a bit of Brooke Candy...actually, we couldn't resist... after our original entry this time round gave us our first veto! an exciting experience in itself. Glorious leader Jupiter is a bit of a Brooke stan, she's appeared in Jupiter's end of year countdowns for just about the last three years running now, not bad for someone with a career not much longer than that. Candy got her main commercial push back in the day from appearing in Grimes's Genesis video, which helped Grimes move up a tier too! Although primarily a rapper, Brooke has delved a bit more into singing on some tunes, such as the previously-entered Happy Days. Recently she's worked with Bleachers and Sia, moving up in the world.

Rubber Band Stacks, our entry this time round, is a short slice of pop-rap starring Brooke's signature shocking and a little gross elements, a big part of her character that blends heavy tattoos and shocking behaviour with her natural beauty and blonde icon imagery. Most recent vid Volcano features bondage, angels, and heavily pregnant backup dancers, but this one reins things in a bit. Still a lot of fun though! Hope some of you like and will consider throwing a vote our way for the big 1-0-0!

This post has been edited by FreddyVsJupiter: Oct 26 2017, 08:01 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Oct 26 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #22
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
i VERY nearly sent this myself once before (had it confirmed in bjsc... 78 or something i wanna say?), absolutely love it! hope it does well for you

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Oct 26 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804
yup I can see this smashing for you. what a banger *.*

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Nov 5 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #24
Group icon

A qualification! Yaaas Jesus biggrin.gif after the last one not qualifying we had resigned ourselves to the worst.

Thanks for the support, Brooke fans!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Nov 21 2017, 01:13 AM
Post #25
Group icon

35th in the final after qualifying against a really tough field, as a nation with not much history here, not too shabby! Very happy to get a total of 161 points which would be enough to be much higher in many contests. No 18s this time round (I think) but a few 15s which made this small nation very happy and touched.

Here's a special gift as thanks from Brooke alongside Charli XCX and Cupcakke on fan fave Lipgloss to all of y'all who now love a bit of freaky princess biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jan 22 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #26
Group icon

It's 2018 and time for BJSC 101! Jupiterdonia this time round has plumped to fish in a similar ish pool as we did for the big 1-0-0 with our choice of Femme En Fourrure's song Ride for this first contest of the year. We're getting freaky with it on this track that takes strong influence from Grimes and FKA twigs, with a creepy, artful video. Hoping as ever that we pick up some fans and see some success this time!

Check out the track below:

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Jan 22 2018, 11:43 PM
Post #27
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
GOOD CHOICE DARLING

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jan 29 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #28
Group icon

A qualification! :3 And we seem to be picking up some fans along the way too. Thank you to our voters/fans so far, you are fab individuals with (if we say so ourselves) quite admirable taste!

Jupiterdonia would request that you don't forget about us in the final even though we're on at the very end! You know you need a boy who can...

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Jan 29 2018, 11:32 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 6 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Unfortunately despite qualifying for this one's final and being tipped as a dark horse by some, Femme En Fourrure proved to be a divisive entry and crashed out 32nd of 37 after a strong start in the votes giving us our worst result so far in the contest in comparison to number of entries. A shame! Back to the drawing board for what Jupiterdonia will be sending in 102; we're thinking it might be time for us to send something completely different and see how that does, considering which songs ended up rising to the top of 101!

For now, it's goodbye from Femme En Fourrure with another track for any of you who enjoyed Ride!

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Feb 6 2018, 03:26 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post Feb 6 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I don't really get what went wrong with this one tbh! Admittedly I didn't really help it out thaaat much as it only got 2 points from me but I figured it'd appeal even more to others. Ah well ;o

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 10 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #31
Group icon
QUOTE(Bré @ Feb 6 2018, 04:08 PM) *
I don't really get what went wrong with this one tbh! Admittedly I didn't really help it out thaaat much as it only got 2 points from me but I figured it'd appeal even more to others. Ah well ;o

That's your answer! We're still only quite a new country, points are hard to come by!

So we have a few options for 102...our entry will either be something old, something slow, or something from a soundtrack.. (we think!) Watch this space wink.gif
and of course if you have any comments on which of those intrigues the most to come from Jupiterdonia, please do let us know and we'll take that into account before making a final decision wink.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 14 2018, 06:28 PM
Post #32
Group icon
...so ultimately we changed our entry to none of the above! It's still something you haven't heard yet from Jupiterdonia though, possibly even something a little unexpected to come from this nation! Not a genre we've sent before, either. Here's hoping it pays off for us! Reveal in circa 3 days, ready yourselves, Jupiterdonia fans!

Speculation and guesses welcome of course, though we won't be confirming any correct guesses until after deadline date wink.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 18 2018, 11:04 PM
Post #33
Group icon

102 is here and with it, Jupiterdonia's first foray into kpop! AMBER X LUNA serves some androgynous realness and an aesthetic music video with b&w and colour segments, as well as an addictive dance break biggrin.gif We hope Lower is able to pick up some likes and fans and that people appreciate this new approach from Jupiterdonia this time round! An exciting new contest awaits!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Feb 23 2018, 11:50 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
The breakdown of this is so disjointed but somehow actually works really well. Never heard a K-Pop song like this before, I approve though *.*

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 25 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #35
Group icon

And it's another NQ. We appear to be going backwards unfortunately. A little unexpected after the predictions for this to do well in the final and the whole thing, but I guess a small country should never take points and predictions for granted! Back to the drawing board to see what can possibly actually get some points next time around, and what we can do to not have this happen again...

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Mar 6 2018, 11:50 PM
Post #36
Group icon

|||| 103... ||||

Greetings, international citizens! Of two potentials for BJSC103 to mull over, we either have a pop-rap stomper with a mighty drop, or a touch of Latinx with a Spanish-language duet banger. Which are you liking the sound of the most of those two? Has the Latin boom been and gone? Thoughts and feelings welcome, we in Jupiterdonia love a chatter!

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Mar 6 2018, 11:52 PM

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post Mar 7 2018, 07:22 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860
pop-rap stomper with a mighty drop sounds amazing

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Mar 8 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #38
Group icon
We thank Cowtermont for their input and will indeed take that on board in our decision wink.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 11 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Well Ashton did just win with a Spanish language banger...

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Mar 19 2018, 08:02 AM
Post #40
Group icon

Time for 103 and we've gone a little back to basics Jupiterdonia with Tunde Olaniran! Gender-bending urban-styled pop with a drop isn't too far away from some of our other recent entries (and maybe not as weird as Femme En Fourrure), so hopefully should appeal to our fans and some others! If you do fall into that camp, Jupiterdonia would love it if you would send some votes our way as we've been losing out that way recently!
Tunde's not been going for very long as a fulltime musician; after some EPs to test the water, his debut album Transgressor (2016) is pretty emblematic of who he is as an artist, coming from mixed African heritage growing up in Europe and the US, genre-bending with his music, and being an unapologetically plus-sized dancer and social activist too! And that vocal range... We are fans and hope some of you will become fans too! And here's the song for those of you who don't want to have to wait to the very end of Semi 1!

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:40 AM