BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The biggest selling X Factor winner's singles revealed, OCC
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Dec 14 2014, 12:25 PM
Post #41
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I'd say Leona's A Moment Like This could fall into that category too. Most viewers probably hadn't heard it before or realised that it was Kelly Clarkson's winning song on American Idol 4 years previously (she launched in the UK with Miss Independent).

I don't think the 2014 winners single being a largely unknown song will necessarily be an offputting factor, perhaps it could be an advantage because it'll seem fresh? I assume a fair chunk of the X Factor viewers probably weren't aware of the likes of Hallelujah, When We Collide, Cannonball or Impossible either. These were all slightly more left field choices than Against All Odds, When You Believe etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hadji
post Dec 14 2014, 01:35 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,386
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(zeus555 @ Dec 14 2014, 11:27 AM) *
Apparently the 2014 Winner's Single will be the OneRepublic Single from 2013 - 'Something I Need'.
It was not released in the UK or USA, but it was a Top 10 Hit in Australia & New Zealand.

OneRepublic's version may enter the top 40 next week as every other original version of the winners song has

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Dec 15 2014, 08:38 AM
Post #43
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 140
   No Gallery Pics

Wonder if using this unreleased track is a down payment for getting Ryan Tedder on board to write for the winner's album.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:03 AM