BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Coalition, Channel 4 | Political docudrama
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
April
post Mar 28 2015, 01:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

Tonight at 9pm

A docudrama of the events of the 2010 General Election, following the moments after the results were announced as Nick Clegg had to choose between Labour or the Conservatives.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Mar 28 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Well, that was quite interesting. The problem with programmes like this is that you never know how much dialogue is complete fiction, and how much is based on the testimony of the people involved. I'm sure they could have found an actor who looks and sounded more like Paddy Ashdown though. It took some time for me to realise who it was supposed to be.

+Quote this post
April
post Mar 29 2015, 12:24 AM
Post #3
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
I quite enjoyed this. Like you say it's hard to know what's fact and what's fiction, but it was very interesting to watch. Mark Gatiss as Peter Mandelson was fantastic.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Mar 29 2015, 12:44 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Yes, Mark Gatiss was very good. Bertie Carvel didn't look particularly like Nick Clegg but he did a better impression of his voice than anyone else I've heard. I liked Andrew Collins' comment on Twitter that Mark Dexter did a better job of making Cameron seem human than Cameron himself has managed. Gordon Brown was also portrayed very sympathetically.

+Quote this post
jark
post Mar 30 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #5
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
He made Cameron seem human, really? Cameron was a bit player in this, there was no opportunity for humanising him, it was literally all about Clegg. So that's just typical meaningless Dave bashing from another mouthy Twitter critic with delusions of intellect.

Anyway as somebody who can't stand the real life Clegg, I found this highly enjoyable and thought Bertie Carvel was really fantastic. He totally had me pitying and empathising with Clegg. Gatiss as Mendelson was also great, not to mention far more likable than the real deal.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Mar 30 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
Gatiss was perfect, but the whole cast did very well - Osborne in particular.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:42 PM