BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Relive LIVE #4 • Telephone/Dance in the Dark @ BRIT Awards
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Sep 17 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #1
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Welcome to a new weekly feature! Every week we will be focusing on a classic LIVE performance from Gaga. Yep, we're talking VMAs, X Factor, fashion weeks, we'll be reliving it all... LIVE.

First up is a personal favourite of mine. Just on the cusp of the 'Born This Way' era really being exploded onto the world, Gaga headlined Radio 1's Big Weekend. When she came to this song, she stripped it all back and allowed the heart-breaking lyrics of the song to speak for themselves. The song was released that week and Gaga gave fans an exclusive live performance of it - the first she'd ever done. She explains the meaning and story behind the song and it adds to the raw emotion with which she sings. Beautifully heartfelt, stunningly vocalised and just a precious live performance of the masterpiece song. Relive it below:

What do you think of the performance? Discuss it and any memories you have of it below! Be sure to check back every week for a new live performance from her.

1. The Edge of Glory • Radio 1's Big Weekend 2011
2. Paparazzi • MTV VMAs 2009
3. Do What U Want & Venus • X Factor 2013
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 17 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #2

This is one of my all-time favourite live moments from Gaga. The way the crowd chant the lyrics back, the story she gives about her grandfather, the raw passion in her vocals. It all makes the song make perfect sense - in a crazy hectic world, death is sometimes a beautiful thing and it can be celebrated and appreciated as a thing of glory. The song is obviously deeply personal and special and this performance proves just how spectacular a moment in her career it is. I absolutely adore it, I have it as an mp3 tagged at the end of the album and I listen to it fairly often where it constantly moves me to tears. I LOVE IT SO MUCH :'(

+Quote Post
lotita
post Sep 18 2017, 11:51 AM
Post #3
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

im so excited for this feature as she really is the QUEEN of live performances!!

this performance is so f***ing RAW!!!! what a moment

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 18 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #4

YES LOTTI

There's so many iconic moments to get through mellow.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 21 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #5
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

What a performance I remember it well I was a bit surprised Gaga got to headline Big Weekend at first because she was only on album 2 really. However, when I watched the performance in full I understood why wub.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 21 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 21 2017, 04:36 PM) *
What a performance I remember it well I was a bit surprised Gaga got to headline Big Weekend at first because she was only on album 2 really. However, when I watched the performance in full I understood why wub.gif

YES. Also she was the biggest popstar on the planet at this point so she fully deserved the slot wub.gif The media / everyone was still bonkers over her at this point.

Ugh what a special few minutes she managed to create here :'(

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 25 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #7

A huge one now. For many, this was the performance that catapulted Gaga from "omg her songs are catchy :headphones:" to "ok this girl is here to stay and SLAY :w00t". The setting is set, she is taking over the charts, set to release her third single, people don't really know much about her... A huge castle fills the stage, she appears, in a pre-Bad Romance skull/lace outfit and as the performance continues, Fame takes over until it literally consumes her and kills her. A stunning feast for the eyes and ears, huge dance routines, soaring vocals, a piano interlude, crazed frantic moments/facial expressions and a deadly finale.

Watch:

I've heard many people say this is their favourite ever Lady Gaga performance, but what do you think? Discuss it and any memories you have of it below! Be sure to check back every week for a new live performance from her.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 25 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #8
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

It was the performance that made me stan her. I was obsessed with the album and had heard 'Paparazzi' a few months before and loved it from first listen (back when it was sent to BJSC), but this performance was just the cherry on top! Outstanding.

One of my all time favourite performances by anyone. SO much love for this. wub.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 26 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #9

THIS BITCH IS A STAN.

Yes Jonjo, it really is one of her absolute best performances. It ranks second for me actually (my #1 performance might have to feature as another of these installments so I won't spoil it now tongue.gif). It's basically everything that makes Gaga special, thrown into one humongous performance.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 29 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #10

At the time Gaga was just about to release the album. Do What U Want wasn't eligible to chart due to silly chart rules, Venus had just been released as a promo single after initially being lined up as the second single and the era was getting very very messy. Cue THE X FACTOR the saviour of the campaign.. Until this happened. A performance in several parts, featuring acoustic opening, seashell bikini routine to Venus and ending with Do What U Want. Weird smiles, deranged dance moves but THAT WIG REVEAL transitioning the two songs.. all-in-all a mess and would've worked much better as cutting Venus altogether. Still it happened and it's iconic for right or wrong ~

Watch:

A choice.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Oct 29 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #11
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THAT PERFORMANCE!! she really doesn't need to do anything to make her pop performances iconic :')

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 29 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #12

I love it for this moment:

but as a whole it's not a favourite of mine as far as her TV performances go sad.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Oct 29 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #13
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

HELLO LONDON!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Nov 22 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #14

It's time now for what ranks as my NUMBER 1 Live Gaga moment. For me, this moment cemented her status as the most captivating popstar on the planet. It features part of my favourite song and showed the world that Gaga was here for the music and not the bling as she disintegrated in front of the audience and gave them a ghoulish, hypnotising performance as homage to her dear friend Alexander McQueen who had recently passed away. She changed the concept last minute as a tribute for him. A true beauty, haunting and stunning. At the actual BRIT Awards, Lady Gaga was nominated for, and won, "International Female Solo Artist," "International Breakthrough Act," and "Best International Album" for The Fame. She had become the second international act to have won three BRIT Awards in a single year, since the Scissor Sisters in 2005. Special in every single way.

Watch:

4. Telephone / Dance in the Dark • BRIT Awards 2010

+Quote Post
Sour Candy
post Nov 23 2017, 08:51 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 10,275
   No Gallery Pics

This is the only high profile performance of Dance in the Dark, right?

Such a moment!

This post has been edited by SKOB: Nov 23 2017, 08:51 AM

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Nov 24 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #16

Yes! Just performed here and at the Monster Ball AFAIK.

+Quote Post
cassius__
post Nov 25 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #17
equally cursed & blessed
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,654

she used to be so amazing. : ( 'paparazzi' preformance is still incred, as is the BRITS

+Quote Post
Sour Candy
post Nov 28 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 10,275
   No Gallery Pics

What you mean "used to"? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Nov 29 2017, 07:27 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(SKOB @ Nov 28 2017, 01:13 PM) *
What you mean "used to"? tongue.gif

This! She had the SUPERBOWL only a few months ago !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:47 AM