BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2018: Week #1, 911 i'm on fire // + music links
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 7th January 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

And we're off with this first chart for 2018 with a lot of holdovers from 2017 and an ascenscion to #1 this week from Inna. Current single Nirvana seems to've been held back for release in the UK for some reason, the song's not yet on spotify, neither is the video on youtube (region-locked), but that hasn't stopped it taking the top spot for me. The song gives Inna her fifth leader on my charts, moving her up to joint second by number of chart toppers, alongside Haim and just behind Lana Del Rey. Inna's IG My Dreams also continues its ascent this week, reaching a new peak of #4. Previous chart toppers So Far Away, Something New and Save it Til Morning also stick around in the top ten this week, buoyed by extra plays over the xmas break of songs I was liking through the year.

Selena Gomez and Banks are the highest charters from last year to reach new peaks this week as both move into the top ten, Selena in doing so breaking her stranglehold at #13 for the past few weeks. Charli XCX, Sigrid, and Kim Lee are the only other significant ascenscions this week as everything else makes way for some new entries to kick off the year with a bang. Highest new entry goes to Starley with what's for me, her chart debut, Call On Me never quite picking up a head of steam last year. Lana and Eminem with Ed Sheeran also debut strongly with new tracks, while other new entries this week come from Kimbra, LeToya, Tom Redwood (which some of you will have heard me playing on plug), Left., JP Cooper, Anne-Marie, Femme en Fourrure, James Hersey, U2, and Pat Benatar with her chart debut 40 years into her career. (Although, when looking her up, she is younger than I'd thought.)

Here's the list then for this first week of 2018. I'll be adding some cheeky links to the new entries, as usual, a bit later on in the week so you don't have to search them out. Feel free to have a peek at my (linked) playlists though if you're curious to find some new tunes in the meantime wink.gif

01 Inna - Nirvana [36-4-1]
02 Martin Garrix ft. David Guetta, Romy Dya + Jamie Scott - So Far Away [10-1-2-2]
03 Fergie - Save It Til Morning [34-1-2-3-3]
04 Inna - My Dreams [10-6-4]
05 Lily Allen ft. Giggs - Trigger Bang [16-5-5]
06 Kim Lee ft. Lil Debbie - Boss Bitch [20-8-6]
07 Preatures - Something New [5-4-4-1-7]
08 Selena Gomez ft. Marshmello - Wolves [13-13-13-8]
09 Charli XCX ft. CupcakKe - Lipgloss [30-35-3-3-7-9]
10 Banks - Poltergeist [38-22-11-10]
11 Starley - Been Meaning to Tell You [N]
12 Lana Del Rey - Change [N]
13 Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran - River [N]
14 Sigrid - Strangers [27-14]
15 Little Big Town - The Breaker [17-15]
16 Migos & Marshmello - Danger [24-15-16]
17 WDL ft. Pauline Kamusewu - Redline [15-10-17]
18 Minke - Armour [34-23-14-18]
19 Jax Jones ft. Ina Wroldsen - Breathe [14-9-9-19]
20 Pat Benatar - Dancing Through the Wreckage [N]
21 Alex Maxwell - Let Go [19-21]
22 Luna Aura - Sucker Punch [22-22]
23 Allie X ft. VERITE - Casanova [36-27-23-23]
24 Charli XCX ft. M0 - Porsche [28-24]
25 Jesika von Rabbit - The Way That I Want [32-25]
26 LeToya ft. Ludacris - Grey [N]
27 Kimbra - Everybody Knows [N]
28 Tom Redwood - I've Fallen For You (Remix) [N]
29 Left. - Thank Me Later [N]
30 JP Cooper - Good Friend [N]
31 Lights - Fight Club [26-31]
32 Carly Rae Jepsen - Cry [30-32]
33 Migos ft. Nicki Minaj + Cardi B - MotorSport [36-25-18-X1-33]
34 Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari - Ride [N]
35 Anne-Marie - Then [N]
36 Louis the Child ft. Caroline Ailin - Last to Leave [34-36]
37 MGMT - When You Die [39-37]
38 En Vogue - Rocket [38-38]
39 U2 - Get Out of Your Own Way [N]
40 James Hersey - Pages [N]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: 10th January 2018, 11:46 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 10th January 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

And here's the week's new entries for your viewing/listening/discovering pleasure:

Another top 40 for James Hersey following two solos last year and a few features on edm tracks.

U2's first charter from latest album Songs of Experience. The band's previous effort yielded a top 5 on my charts, and the band have four songs in my alltime top 500.

Another charter squeaks in for Anne-Marie, who does about as well on my charts as I feel she should. I think she's alright, but I never thought she deserved the 'next big thing' hype she had for a while in 2016.

Debut for Femme en Fourrure who first pinged my radar last year with the song Creepers. This might well become my first BJSC entry of the year once those contests start back up again, and is due a substantial rise next week.

A second solo charter for JP Cooper following September Song, with a track that's been a slow burner for a few months. It's a sweet song that I always think of as an asexual anthem due to its lyrics.

Two years after their chart debut, Left. gain another entry that outpeaks the prior by one place. This one's a grower.

Another grower here with this sparkly spring tropical jam by Tom Redwood, also remixed by Tom Redwood.

Slow burner from Kimbra here finally enters in 2018 after a few months of near miss. Kimbra's last album yielded three charters including one top five, and she most recently appeared last year alongside Fyfe on Belong.

A bit of research on past Destiny's Child members recently yielded the discovery that ousted member LeToya (before the Michelle years) released a solo album in 2017, and a few tracks immediately made it onto my playlists. This one lands this week, giving LeToya her chart debut.

A soundtrack song written by Linda Perry gives Pat Benatar a nice debut 40 years into her music career.

And finally onto the big guns. Em and Ed's collab enters strongly and will contend for the top spot next week, giving Sheeran a shot at a second #1 within 12 months.

Change becomes slightly unexpectedly the next track from Lana's album to really resonate with me (I didn't rate it so much on the album's release) and will also threaten the top five next week, following her previous six top 5s from Lust For Life.

And finally for this section, Starley's chart debut that just misses the top ten. I actually like this one more than her Ryan Riback 2017 hit that didn't quite make it for me. Here's hoping she drops some more bops in 2018.

Til next week's chart. As ever, comments and thoughts are super welcome :3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 07:39 AM