BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Is it real?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
Calum
post Jul 30 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

So this has been a massive hot topic recently, what with Shawn and Camila collaborating again on Señorita, and then being spotted in very public places kissing, holding hands, cuddling up to one another, etc. There's always been speculation about them being involved romantically, but on the flip side there's speculation both in the media and among fans that the whole thing is staged while they ride the high of Señorita doing so well!

Most recently, they've been spotted at a beach together (above) kissing, and naturally the media are jumping on it.

So what's your thoughts? Is it all a big PR stunt to make everyone believe the passion and chemistry they have in the Señorita video is real, or are they actually an item, just enjoying life and getting ~sexy~ together? x
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 30 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Real.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 30 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
PR stunt! They're obviously good friends and have been for years but the amount of PDA does not feel natural lol

+Quote this post
post Jul 30 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Yeah it's no way real; and the whole thing makes me uncomfortable.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jul 30 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #5
Group icon
nabad
Part of me really wants it to be real and hope that they're happy and just having fun, enjoying themselves, etc because they do look like they have incredible chemistry and get along brilliantly... but at the same time I can't help feeling it is all a bit of a show for the paparazzi while Señorita is doing well in the charts. sad.gif

Hopefully we get clarity some day either way. He does seem to avoid the subject quite a lot when asked about Camila / what's happening with them in the Q&As on tour too!

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 30 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
This definitely feels like a PR stunt to me, especially with the timing of it. Still, it’s worked well for them!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 31 2019, 10:03 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
PR stunt because Shawn is clearly batting for the other side wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 31 2019, 10:11 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I thought as a society we had moved on from 'showmances', but then look at how huge Love Island is...

I've always been under the impression Shawn wasn't completely straight so it is a shame if this is a PR stunt or a way to dismantle rumours - another thing I thought we had moved on from.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 31 2019, 10:20 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
This is 100% a PR stunt! The PDA is so unnatural and excessive. Funny how it's always caught on camera. Plus the timing is just too perfect with 'Señorita' not quite hitting #1 in the U.S. yet and needing a boost from somewhere :') it's a shame that this is being orchestrated.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jul 31 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad
Quote from a Cosmopolitan article on the subject:

Like any summer fling, things between Shawn and Camila started changing—for the better, that is. “Shawn and Camila have really fallen for one another,” the source said, adding that Camila has been spending time with Shawn during his summer tour. Last time we caught Camila at a Shawn concert (she’s been to a few now, TBH) was during his Miami tour stop, aka the night before those insane beach PDA pics dropped

ugh I really want it to be true because they look like such a good couple. I guess we just need to see what happens when we move onto the next single and the hype around Señorita starts to drop. kink.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 31 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #11
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
I'm definitely thinking it's a PR stunt, agree with Jade that it comes across unnatural & excessive. Eek!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Aug 1 2019, 03:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Can’t breathe

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 2 2019, 08:27 AM
Post #13
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(Wall @ Aug 1 2019, 04:02 PM) *

Can’t breathe

I was howling when I saw that omg

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 7 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
nabad
Camila was interviewed by Variety about upcoming music, relationships, etc:

Camila Cabello is one of Variety's Power of Young Hollywood cover stars, and she gave the outlet her first big interview since her big public romance with Shawn Mendes started earlier this summer. Cabello did not talk about their romantic relationship, but she did talk about Mendes' place in her life, and how she has recently fallen in love.

Cabello told the outlet that she was in a different place emotionally than she was when she released her first solo album, Camilla, last January. Then, she had "crushes from afar." But she's focusing on the present now as she song-writes, where she's in love. “Falling in love is like an infinite amount of levels and layers and angles," she said. "I fell in love and just opened up. Everything was written in present moment.” She did not name-drop Mendes there, Variety pointed out, but she did talk about him later and how their "Señorita" duet happened.

That were eight months of back and forth with the song, Cabello said. “I’ve known Shawn for such a long time, and it’s so much fun getting to work and do things with somebody who means a lot to you.”

Cabello also touched on how she feels about being such a public figure generally—the kind whose romance with someone would get tabloid attention. “Because I’ve been doing this for such a long time, I forget that I am quote-unquote famous or that people are looking at me,” she said. “It makes me insanely uncomfortable to see pictures of me that I didn’t know were taken. I honestly hate it. I don’t want to live like a celebrity and have to look perfect every time I step out of my house. I ignore it as much as possible. If I’m going to look like sh*t that day and cameras are in my face, I don’t care because I choose being human and normal.”

I refuse to believe "pictures of me that I didn't know were taken" is something she truly believes kink.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 16 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #15
Group icon
nabad
Camila (or whoever manages her social media when she's not on it) appear to be blocking people on Twitter that are disrespecting / calling her relationship with Shawn fake.

Yikes, drama!!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 12 2019, 10:35 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Oh my god the kiss video on Shawn's insta today... I'm still cringing hours later. Why are they being so try-hard with this mellow.gif

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post Sep 12 2019, 10:41 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 72,030
Yep. Honestly don't know what the point of it was. I'm so baffled.

+Quote this post
post Sep 12 2019, 11:12 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
That video is the worst thing I've ever seen on the internet

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Sep 12 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I can't help but be pissed off by these things because I feel like it's done to dismantle rumours about his sexuality - regardless of what that might be, it's just not right that PR gets involved. I thought we had moved on from that but it seems they want to steer him towards a certain image because they think that's what will keep him selling records.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Sep 12 2019, 12:02 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
CRINGE. So fake

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:29 PM