BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Least Fave MCU Movie: Round 3, I told you I don't want to join your super-secret boy band.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Least Fave
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Nina West
post 5th January 2020, 12:57 AM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

22nd. Iron Man 2 =7 votes

Welcome to Round 2 of the MCU least fave movies poll and in that last round we say goodbye to not 1 but 2 movies, both of them middle entry sequels that neither of which are considered all that great.

In 22nd place is "Iron Man 2", the sequel to the 2008 smash hit movie & acts as the 3rd entry in the MCU series. Directed again by Jon Favreau (who also stars as Happy Hogan) in all 3 movies. The film received generally positive reviews with praise for Robert Downey JR's performance as the title character, as well as the action scenes & visual effects. But received criticism for its weak villain & pacing, with many deeming it inferior to the original. But nonetheless it was a commercial success grossing over $623 Million at the worldwide box office on a budget of round about $200 Million & therefore making it more successful than the first one.

'Iron Man 2' is definitely one of the weakest entries in the MCU series, it largely fails to recapture the fun & freshness of the original as this spends too much time on universe building & being overstuffed with too many characters that aren't given much to do (namely Black Widow). This sequel was clearly rushed & notorious for shooting scenes without a finished script which shows by having way too many ideas & not fully fleshing them, which makes the whole thing undercooked. While the casting of Sam Rockwell & Mickey Rourke as villains had potential, but neither are given much to do until the final act. While the movie isn't all bad there are some decent parts like the race track scene, but on the whole this movie is a bit of a mess which makes this one of the most forgettable entries in the MCU. Luckily on the most part Marvel would learn from their mistakes and go on the greater and better things.

21st. Thor: The Dark World = 4 votes

Lingering outside the top 20 is yet another lacklustre sequel 'Thor: The Dark World"!. Released in 2013 and acts as the eighth film in the MCU as well as acting as a sequel to the 2011 'Thor' movie. The reception to this movie was more mixed, while the visual effects & performances (namely Chris Hemsworth & Tom Hiddleston) were praised, but the story, villain and pacing were heavily criticized, with many declaring this as the weakest entry in the MCU & to date this currently has the lowest rating on Rotten Tomatoes with 66%. The film was a commercial success with a worldwide take of $644 Million.

Another bland sequel here with a bland & bloated plot that doesn't quite reel the viewer in, as well as bad action direction thanks to a clearly non-interested director Alan Taylor who just doesn't seem to mesh well with the Marvel filmmaking formula & doesn't add any flair to the dull & drab look of the film. While things do liven up a bit in the second half of this movie, thanks to the great chemistry of Thor & Loki, but that isn't enough to save the whole thing. Other aspects that bogs this down is the unbelievable romance plot with Natalie Portman who clearly doesn't care & the incredibly weak Dark Elves which has to be the most forgettable villains ever. So on the whole this is probably one of the more skippable entries in the MCU saga.

Okay now guys yet again there's another double elimination, so same rules apply just pick your 2 least fave movies from the poll above and the 2 with the most will be voted out by the next round which will be in about a week.

Results so Far:
21. Thor: The Dark World = 4/19.05%
22. Iron Man 2 = 7/33.33%
23. The Incredible Hulk = 10/66.67%
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th January 2020, 01:50 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Thor & Doctor Strange for me.

Thor 2 is under appreciated. I prefer it to the first one! But it's def towards the bottom of the pack. Iron Man 2 had so much potential but ended up being a mess. Such a shame as Sam Rockwell is such a great actor as is Mickey Rourke. I heard Mickey wasn't happy with the way they handled Whiplash. He filmed so much more stuff apparently.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 8th January 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Thor & Doctor Strange

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:18 PM