BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RIP Val Doonican
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post Jul 2 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
Irish singer and TV entertainer Val Doonican has died aged 88.

His family said he died "peacefully" at a nursing home in Buckinghamshire. He had not been ill, but his daughter said his "batteries had just run out".

The performer was a regular fixture on TV with The Val Doonican show which ran on the BBC from 1965 to 1986, featuring his own performances and guest artists.

He was also rarely out of the UK charts in the 1960s and '70s with songs like Walk Tall and Elusive Butterfly.

In the album chart, he had five successive top 10 records and even knocked The Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band off the top spot in 1967 with Val Doonican Rocks, But Gently.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 2 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Oh no! I enjoyed a few of his records like: 'Elusive Butterfly', 'What Would I Be' and 'I'm Gonna Get There Somehow' (the catchy 'do do do' part was appearing a lot on TV last year on an advert!). I wasn't sure of his age so wouldn't have expected that one, R.I.P.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 2 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 2 2015, 06:35 PM) *
Oh no! I enjoyed a few of his records like: 'Elusive Butterfly', 'What Would I Be' and 'I'm Gonna Get There Somehow' (the catchy 'do do do' part was appearing a lot on TV last year on an advert!). I wasn't sure of his age so wouldn't have expected that one, R.I.P.

all of those childhood faves of mine, along with all his amusing story songs, voice like honey, sad news.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jul 3 2015, 08:02 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
Delaney's Donkey, Paddy McGintey's Goat, Rafferty's Motor Car. Great stuff.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:09 PM