BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Closed TopicStart new topic
> The new top 40 review, so just why do I whinge so much about the chart...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post Jan 18 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

The Top 40 Irreverent Review

40. Let It Go - Idina Menzel

When I sat through Frozen, largely bored, at the cinema (and thankfully fell into a sleep halfway, little did I know that I’d be subjected to this screeching plodding Disney-by-numbers well into the year after next, week after interminable week. Want to know what’s wrong with the 2015 singles chart? I suggest parents now use this record as a means of torture to get their children to behave, much like the Bogeyman.

39. Rather Be - Clean Bandit

This is a million-selling record and it’s been on the chart for a year. Enough is bloody enough, it’s not that good! It’s good, but it’s not brilliant as in it deserves to share it’s insanely wonderful charms for 12 months. I got bored with it a long time ago. Over 6 months ago.

38. Prayer In C - Lilly Wood

OMG here’s another that won’t go away, it was mildly catchy at first in a repetitive fashion, then her whining and unforgiving lyrics just got on my nerves. After half a year of it I can absolutely see why she was dumped, OMG she goes on!

37. Changing - Sigma ft Paloma Faith

At last a record that hasn’t outstayed it’s welcome, a genuine classic, still exciting, a great vocal, a great song, a great production, still in my charts and still not tired of hearing it.

36. Blame - Calvin Harris ft John Newman

John Newman is great, this typically Calvin Harris-sounding production is not bad, but enough’s enough, time to go away for a while now. I do, in fact, not Blame it on John Newman (as he suggests), I blame people who should move onto something newer and fresher.

35. Sing - Ed Sheeran

I normally dislike Ed’s records before I’ve even heard them. This is his best record, Pharrell performing a miracle and helping in getting me to love one of his records, as opposed to the more normal grow to not dislike them. That said, the OTT Sheeran domination of the singles chart, and album sales, leaves me wondering who the hell who likes Ed has not already bought this!? Is Spotify to blame and his legion of fans who just can’t get sick of the album?

34. 7/11 - Beyonce

She’s got more edgy musically lately (a good thing), but this one didn’t grab me much till I saw the video in a club in Gran Canaria. It sounds great loud in a club, pumping and thumping after a couple of bacardi and cokes. It sounds less good on the radio.

33. All Of Me - John Legend

Aaaaaargh!! Hate. hate. Hate!!!! Insipid, moronic, twee, it really makes you wish he was underwater and breathing fire, cos the trite meaningless lyrics keep on appealing to women who’s judgement has been clouded with loved-up floating clouds of bliss caring not a jot about the rest of us who aren’t. John, take that double-tracked vocal and go an simper out of the bloody top 40 so I never have to hear it again in my life. A million people bought this. Groooaaannnn!

TBC when Ive regained my sanity....

No wonder Jameela is leaving, I really don't blame her.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Jan 18 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #2
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who has had enough of Prayer In C!

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 18 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Disagree about Ed as for me, Thinking Out Loud is now his best record.

+Quote Post
Eric_Blob
post Jan 18 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 10,665
   No Gallery Pics

The songs themselves are pretty good imo, but the fact that all the songs listed so far, except for 7/11 are SOOOOOO OLD is quite sad. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 18 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

all fair points, to be honest the chart improves towards the top end and I can be lovely and nice with about half of them if I get round to reviewing laugh.gif . I did warn that if the BBC didn't change the format it would drive Jameela insane though, it's like water-torture playing the same records week after week after week. Poor gal's had enough! ohmy.gif I give Clara 12 months before she starts thinking about lunch on air to break the tedium... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*Ben*
post Jan 18 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #6
Chart Chat Slave
Group: Chart Veteran
Member No.: 275

We have a Sunday's chart show thread, why didn't you post your comments there? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Jan 18 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #7
Ciao, 911? E 'Quagmire. Sì, è preso nella finestra di questo
Group: Chart Veteran
Member No.: 13,341
   No Gallery Pics

Yes something like this is better placed in personal charts I think than in the chart forum.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:16 AM