BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Live Action Disney Movies!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Apr 4 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
So it's becoming a more regular thing after the huge successes of 'Cinderella', 'The Jungle Book' & 'Beauty & The Beast'.

However, I thought I'd make a topic just for fun and see whether people like the idea of them doing live action movies or not and who they would cast to play the main characters in each of these movies and which movies they're looking forward to!

Titles to be released:
- Mulan
- Aladdin/Genie (spin-off)
- The Little Mermaid
- The Lion King
- Dumbo [Tim Burton]
- Pinocchio [Robert Downey Jr. is Geppetto and will co-produce with his wife!]
- Fantasia [Based on "Night On A Bald Mountain"]
- Tinker Bell [Reese Witherspoon is the star!]

EXCITING!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Apr 4 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I am beyond excited for Mulan, my absolute favourite Disney film! Tinkerbell might also be incredible with the new technology available! Me and Lindsey will 100% go and see Dumbo too

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 4 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
NIGHT ON BALD MOUNTAIN OMG *.* That brings back memories.

I feel like this version of Mulan will be a LOT darker (i.e. less "Honor To Us All" and more like The Great Wall), which makes me kinda scared because I'm not usually for war-focused pieces that lead to 75% of filler with bits and gaps of explosions and gore in between, but then again I thought The Great Wall was a good movie so here's hoping!

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 4 2017, 08:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
We literally need NONE of these.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 4 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The Little Mermaid, they have to cast someone who not only looks the part, but also has the voice to take on Ariel! Ariel has my favourite singing voice in all of the Disney Princesses! So that is key! I honestly think that Ariana would smash the role, however, I have not seen her "act" too much (only in Scream Queens for 2 episodes - she was alright, but this is a different type of role altogether), so I am unaware of how she'll cope acting wise.

I also think they should think about Oscar Isaac for 'Aladdin', but he might be a bit too "old" thinking about it. Is Aladdin supposed to be a teenager, icr?

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 4 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Yes laugh.gif pretty much all Disney princesses and their love interestd are like 15-20 ish

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 4 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #7
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I've adored all of these so far, there's something so enjoyable about seeing your favourite animated classics be re-imagined in live-action, I even enjoyed some of the non-Disney made ones such as Snow White and the Huntsman (wasn't so huge on Pan tho...)!

In terms of the Disney one so far though, The Jungle Book > Beauty and the Beast > Maleficent >>>>> Cinderella > Alice 1 >>>>> Alice 2

I'm probably most excited for The Little Mermaid, although I imagine it is still a little while off yet, it has some utterly fabulous songs and I've been watching it a lot recently as my sister loves it. Mulan could be fantastic too although I am worried they may go a bit too dark as Cody mentioned. I think a Tim Burton directed 'Dumbo' could be VERY interesting too so I hope that gets fast-tracked.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 4 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
User: 13,007
I thought The Little Mermaid had nothing to do with the Disney film and was a retelling of the original tale?

Of these I'm most excited about Milan because I'm too nervous for The Lion King to anticipate it. Aladdin could be special too if done right.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 4 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
QUOTE(HausofIRNBRU @ Apr 4 2017, 09:48 PM) *
I thought The Little Mermaid had nothing to do with the Disney film and was a retelling of the original tale?

Of these I'm most excited about Milan because I'm too nervous for The Lion King to anticipate it. Aladdin could be special too if done right.

I'm not entirely sure but I think a couple of studios may have a Little Mermaid in the works, Chloe Grace Moretz was cast in Universal's version but I think she dropped out now. I just want to hear/visualise 'Poor Unfortunate Souls', 'Kiss the Girl', 'Under the Sea' & 'Part of Your World', maybe even an original song or two. Imagine how amazing it could be *-*

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 4 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Yeah, a couple of studios have their versions too, but I think Disney have stated at some point or another that their version is on the way. I believe Lindsay Lohan was in talks at one point!

Lin-Manuel Miranda ('Moana' soundtrack) and Disney composing legend, Alan Menken ('The Little Mermaid', 'Beauty & The Beast', 'Aladdin' & 'Pocohontas' - as well as 'Tangled' and 'Enchanted') have been asked to come up with both "new and old" songs for the movie, apparently!

Lin has also apparently been approached to produce the movie, alongside Marc Platt ('Drive', 'La La Land' & 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World').

Also, plans for 'Cruella' (I believe Emma Stone has been linked to this role!), 'Jungle Book 2', 'Maleficent 2', 'Winnie The Pooh', 'The Sword In The Stone' and 'Peter Pan' (which will coincide with Reese's rumoured 'Tinker Bell').

(All very much just rumours for now though)

---

EDIT: I wonder if they'll go with a drag queen to play Ursula? ohmy.gif IMAGINE that. Considering she was inspired by one, it wouldn't surprise me if they did have a drag Queen in that role!

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 4 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Enchanted 2 is also happening according to Amy Adams. Not really based off a classic but still. YES.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Apr 4 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #12
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
QUOTE(Regina @ Apr 4 2017, 09:06 PM) *
We literally need NONE of these.

Why do you think we shouldn't have none of these.

I agree that most should be left well alone.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 4 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I'm not sure any are particularly 'needed' when the originals are such classics ans groundbreaking in ways that these films just can't be (although it can be for opportunities of showing a modern take and fixing the closet racism/sexism present in some of the originals), but I don't really have a problem with them as The Jungle Book was pretty incredible in live action, and it didn't desecrate the original or anything. The Lion King I'm sure will look stunning, but Jesus, it's got a lot resting on it :x

Intrigued by Tim Burton's Dumbo even if it could be a disaster, Robert Downey Jr.'s Pinocchio...not sold. I thought they may have had a Snow White one coming up seeing as it's been eighty years exactly since the original!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 5 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #14
Group icon
16 of the Disney classics being made into live action as told by imdb..

http://m.imdb.com/imdbpicks/disney-classic...linkId=36185071

Apparently the Robert Downey Pinnochio is for a dif studio?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:15 AM