BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
78 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The lovely discussion of all things EU and/or Brexit, Part V
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 25th April 2019, 05:46 AM
Post #1181
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

'hardly'? why? What fruits will this ever bear, what necessitated that this happen?

Again, that's the problem, this emotionally based line of reasoning. People (a nebulous group of people who are more important than others?) 'have their say', let's listen to them. Not considering what that is or whether it's worth listening to. The reasoning of which is on YOU (Brexiters) to provide. Not us.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 25th April 2019, 06:50 AM
Post #1182
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Apr 25 2019, 05:43 AM) *
?? That article. Both sides need to stop polarisation of politics before we get even more divided, but it's the Remainers who are are losing perspective because they're resorting to emotional arguments? Written by a man whose claim to fame is a book entitled 'National Populism: The Revolt Against Liberal Democracy'? That's a right-winger masquerading as a centrist and it's quite rich because right populism is built entirely on thoughts, feelings, uncorroborated evidence and demonisation of the other side, but the left is 'supposed' to act in good faith. The right has free reign.

Liberal catastrophisers is an incredibly ridiculous phrase when you think of the ways Leavers have irrationally demanded that we leave the EU, the same with the call to assess things rationally, when Johnson et al promised people the world.

So no. No, we haven't lost perspective. The frustrations of years of political life being wasted on this fruitless and unnecessary endeavour has made some of us a little emotional. But seriously, be very wary of any article that claims to be rational and that both sides are bad, while simultaneously predicating its premise on the left making bad arguments.

what Iz said, too right.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 25th April 2019, 06:56 AM
Post #1183
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Apr 25 2019, 06:46 AM) *
'hardly'? why? What fruits will this ever bear, what necessitated that this happen?

Again, that's the problem, this emotionally based line of reasoning. People (a nebulous group of people who are more important than others?) 'have their say', let's listen to them. Not considering what that is or whether it's worth listening to. The reasoning of which is on YOU (Brexiters) to provide. Not us.

...and I've been listening to Brexiters for 3 years and their many ever-changing and varied reasons for leaving and they havent even come close to making a valid point, it'e entirely emotional and trying to claim it's patriotism as if the more rational among us aren't and they have the copyright on it and we don't, which is astoundingly insulting given they can't back up any of their claims or promises and resort instead to lies, bitterness and in extreme cases murder and violence. Remainers don't do that because they don't have to - reason is enough, bar a few shouty people with banners.

The most-common view these days is " well it was a democratic vote and I'm fed up with hearing about so just do it no matter what the consequences I'll be alright Jack". Even when they won't be and don't realise it.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 25th April 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #1184
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 25 2019, 07:56 AM) *
...and I've been listening to Brexiters for 3 years and their many ever-changing and varied reasons for leaving and they havent even come close to making a valid point, it'e entirely emotional and trying to claim it's patriotism as if the more rational among us aren't and they have the copyright on it and we don't, which is astoundingly insulting given they can't back up any of their claims or promises and resort instead to lies, bitterness and in extreme cases murder and violence. Remainers don't do that because they don't have to - reason is enough, bar a few shouty people with banners.

The most-common view these days is " well it was a democratic vote and I'm fed up with hearing about so just do it no matter what the consequences I'll be alright Jack". Even when they won't be and don't realise it.

That's what it boils down to. Quitters have given up pretending that leaving the EU is a good idea and the (fraudulent) referendum result is all they have left.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th April 2019, 05:04 AM
Post #1185
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 25 2019, 07:56 AM) *

Leave out the ''i'll be alright Jack' part, and you have my view... wink.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 29th April 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #1186
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Apr 29 2019, 08:35 AM) *
Well, duh! I didn't mean it in the literal sense. rolleyes.gif

Never stopped you before even when you literally WERE alive (and unable to vote, for example) using the royal "we" as if you speak for everyone tongue.gif

OK let's invert it then - I didn't see England complaining when the economy was improving in leaps and bounds when it started trading with Europe as a member. Well, not until made-up bendy bananas became a huge issue thanks to BoJo & The Farage Fan Club (not an actual political party with any policies or ideas on how to achieve Brexit without damaging the country that you love so much)

PS we should continue this discussion in the right thread, it's really Brexit again....

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 5th May 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #1187
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

If these leaked Brexit talks about the what the Tories are offering Labour are true, then is Corbyn goes through with it, he's even more of an idiot than I thought.

Not only that, he'll kill the Labour Party.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 6th May 2019, 08:28 AM
Post #1188
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

Saw a suggestion that Labour and Tory leaderships will agree a deal and then it will be defeated in the Commons by an even larger margin.

I really want this. I really want to laugh a lot. Please can I laugh a lot.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 9th May 2019, 09:05 PM
Post #1189
Group icon
Cœur poids plume

That BBC 4 documentary on Guy Verhofstadht (who I don't particularly like either) and his perspective on the Brexit negotiations was utterly damning on the UK government. Embarrassing to be from that country.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 9th May 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #1190
Group icon
Cœur poids plume

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004vyd

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 20th May 2019, 10:47 AM
Post #1191
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The Secrets Of Farage's Political Success:

Warning, clickbait, this is fictional insinuation.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...ould-be-telling

S'accurate though.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 21st May 2019, 06:15 AM
Post #1192
Group icon
Paul Hyett

If you disagree with someone's political views, you debate with them, and vote for someone else - you don't act like a toddler throwing their food around! rolleyes.gif

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-70...-milkshake.html

All that does is get *you* arrested, and generates sympathy for your opponents...

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 21st May 2019, 06:33 AM
Post #1193
Group icon

Sympathy? The man got his clothes a bit wet. And some embarrassment. Which is why it's continuing, because it embarrasses these figures, makes them try and condemn food throwing, which is no worse than politicians getting egged. It's crude, certainly, but by itself it's just a form of protest.

The real worry with it is that... are the Farage fanclub all going to remain calm, will they be proportionate when they seek retaliation for this embarrassment. We've known that in the past that some elements of them can't be.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 21st May 2019, 06:39 AM
Post #1194
Group icon

Overall, this is all Yaxley-Lennon's fault. If he'd been able to have half a political brain and laugh it off the first time it happened rather than resorting to punching his "assailant" and letting his supporters send them death threats then no one else would have thought to copycat it on figures promoting other right-wing ideologies.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 21st May 2019, 06:49 AM
Post #1195
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 21 2019, 07:15 AM) *
If you disagree with someone's political views, you debate with them, and vote for someone else - you don't act like a toddler throwing their food around! rolleyes.gif

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-70...-milkshake.html

All that does is get *you* arrested, and generates sympathy for your opponents...

Farage after a political opponent was murdered by one of his radical followers:

They're just going to use this to get sympathy!

Farage after a milkshake spoils his clothes:

waaaaah waaaaah waaaah waaaaah waaaah.

The difference is his followers murder people, remainers chuck a mcdonalds.

Get real.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 21st May 2019, 07:07 AM
Post #1196
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

The law really needs updating. It’s a harmless liquid so the assault here is to the ego and I’m sorry but you just can’t arrest someone for embarrassing someone.

I’m all for #SplashTheFash being the new #PunchNazis - whatever makes them afraid to spread their disgusting lies and hate tbh

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 21st May 2019, 07:13 AM
Post #1197
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

This whole incident has simply allowed Farage to play the victim again, just days after someone was jailed for plotting to murder a Labour MP.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 21st May 2019, 08:10 AM
Post #1198
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

He was too scared to get off his archaic bus later that same day. Victory in my eyes.

Only people thinking he’s a victim are the ones so deeply ingrained in the cult they’d drink the kool-aid.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 21st May 2019, 08:15 AM
Post #1199
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

I didn't realise that this was now a radical opinion, but don't throw foodstuffs at politicians, regardless of whether you despise their political views. As I said in another thread, even though I strongly reject their worldviews, I refuse to reduce myself to their level by normalising the throwing of projectiles at them. I thought it was right that the person who threw an egg at Jeremy Corbyn was charged (even if I feel the 28 days in jail he received was too harsh), and in this case I would do the same to milkshake dude.

In other news, a Conservative councillor in Scotland had his car firebombed yesterday morning.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 21st May 2019, 10:27 AM
Post #1200
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 21 2019, 07:49 AM) *
Farage after a political opponent was murdered by one of his radical followers:

Since the above cannot possibly be referring to Jo Cox (as the killer simply was a nut-job, & Farage cannot possibly be blamed for that), who else did you have in mind?

This post has been edited by vidcapper: 21st May 2019, 10:28 AM

+Quote this post

78 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:40 AM