BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Life | 24 March 2017, Rebecca Ferguson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Reynolds
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Mar 1 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This is due out at the end of the month but there doesn't really seem to be much hype behind at all. At first, I thought it might've been the next big sci-fi hit like Gravity/The Martian but this seems more The Space Between Us laugh.gif Looks interesting enough though and the cast has some big names so I'll definitely be seeing it anyway !
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
John Thronton
post Mar 4 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #2
Group icon
New Entry
User: 25,537
Doesn't look much to me! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 24 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
The trailers did a poor job of showing off how intense this is in my opinion, I feel like loads of people are missing out on a decent movie here because the advertising has been so dull. Calvin was terrifying in parts and you always had this sense of dread that he was looming around any corner when watching them film. I like that they went THERE with the character deaths too, the coughing blood and coolant drowning scenes were difficult to watch! The ending was perhaps a little predictable but it was a good way to end seeing as the audience know what Calvin is capable of, you get that sinking feeling in your stomach when the pod was opened. Would definitely recommend it if you're on the fence though!

+Quote this post
post Mar 27 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Though not totally original, I think this is a fantastic thriller and like Josh said, is truly, truly terrifying in places. Much scarier than Get Out or any 'classic' non-sci-fi horror I've seen lately.

They should integrate the ending with an Avengers or DC movie.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 27 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #5
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Can't see getting a sequel, I'll be very surprised if it did.

+Quote this post
post Mar 27 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
QUOTE(Mack @ Mar 27 2017, 12:57 PM) *
Can't see getting a sequel, I'll be very surprised if it did.

Clearly not, everyone died and they failed their mission!

+Quote this post
jark
post Mar 28 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #7
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Well the final scene clearly DOES open up a possible sequel although I'd be surprised if it happens.

Amazing film anyway. Just a pure thrill ride start to end and truly quite terrifying in places. Rebecca Ferguson is amazing.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 28 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
My expectations were high, so I left feeling disappointed really (moral there!). 6/10. A sort of cut-price Alien, and I couldnt help get annoyed with the all the angst, crying and simpering. Professional astronauts are trained to treat adversity with a cool head, cos their lives rely on it. OK that would be a dramatically-flawed way for a horror movie (trying to heighten the tension), but Gravity showed it can be done by having one "everyman" amongst the professionals. More like one professional amongst the "everymen" here...
then theres the lunatic launching of 2 escape pods close together simultaneously. Rule number one...not at THE SAME TIME if you are going in the same direction. Or the life-form being indestructible to re-entry/fire. Plenty of rocks from Mars land on earth. Plenty of sand on the ISS with life forms in it heading right for the planet anyway.

Worst of all they killed Ryan Reynolds off. Unforgiveable!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 30 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
This was a great! A lot better than it thought it would be, in that I expected a few standout scenes but this really got me hooked all the way through, thumbs up from me!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 5 2017, 01:08 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Yeah, I found this surprisingly tense and legitimately horrifying in parts! The scene where Ryan's character dies, literally made me heave and I genuinely thought I was going to be sick... puke.gif

Just a pure, thrill ride from start to finish, as Jark said.

Would love the sequel to maybe open itself up to an American equivalent of 'Host' or something! *.*

+Quote this post
Severin
post Apr 16 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
I really enjoyed this and I'm rather surprised at that> I was hopeful but didn't expect it to be as good as it is. It's clearly no Alien but a solid stand in.

I don't want any sequels to be honest. The Alien series shows how hard it is to do well with that formula (1 great sequel and a bunch of duffers) however Jonjo's comment about Host (Gwoemul) is a corker but then you could just watch Host instead.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Nov 15 2020, 11:03 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Just watched this on ch5 the other night and really enjoyed it even if it’s not overly original

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:21 PM