BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Danish Girl, Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Sep 1 2015, 04:33 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

OK, so the trailer for this looks REALLY interesting. Hyped to see what Alicia Vikander can deliver too because she was one of the highlights in Man from UNCLE.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Sep 1 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #2
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Been excited for this since I heard about it but now I absolutely can't wait. The movie and two lead performances look FANTASTIC from the trailer! In the year of Caitlyn Jenner too, this feels so right.

Excited to see what it can deliver on the awards front too, Eddie sounds like a lock for a nom and I'd love to see him pull off back-to-back wins.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Sep 4 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #3
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

I absolutely cannot wait! They probably won't show this in Russia so the only hope is to wait for the ~Feb/Mar DVD release. Ugh! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Qween
post Sep 4 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #4
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Nah, it'll be available IN THE USUAL PLACES end of December/start of January as with all Oscar bait.

It does look amazing though, I love Tom Hooper in general (all my faults with Les Mis are to do with songs/length, it looks amazing and the cast and direction were great) so have very high hopes for this. Surely Eddie stands a very strong chance of back to back wins too, at the very least he'll be a cert for a nom.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Sep 6 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #5
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

They ARE showing this in my local cinema after all so YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *.*

+Quote Post
syr
post Sep 13 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #6
New Entry
Member No.: 22,444
   No Gallery Pics

i can't wait to watch this *-*

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jan 2 2016, 10:17 PM
Post #7
my anxiety attacks
Member No.: 8,674

Stunning and heartbreaking. I didn't realise that she was going to die and it was so sad. Not getting a chance to fully live her true life, not getting to re-marry, bring up children etc. And so heartbreaking for Alicia Vikander's character too, losing her husband in more than just the one sense.

Two absolutely fantastic, Oscar worthy, lead performances. Eddie Redmayne pulls off being a woman very well, a brave role to take on and certainly not one that just anyone could do.

What an excellent start to the year. Delivers exactly what you'd expect from the trailer really. 9/10 (with a little more Ben Whishaw I may have given it a perfect score tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jan 3 2016, 12:19 AM
Post #8
It's a cruel summer.
Member No.: 20,947

Excellent and superb, such a beautiful movie heart.gif Performances we're excellent as well and Redmayne/Vikander both deserve nominations!

9.5/10

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jan 10 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #9
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Wow, this was seriously good, not a clue what all the bad reviews about the film itself are on about. Eddie Redmayne did an excellent job of engaging you and let you in on what life was like for Lili and Vikander held her own too, making you sympathise with her character, all throughout you were torn between wanting Lili to finally be who she really was yet want to make Gerda happy too. Would love for either to get an acting award at the Oscars this year but I guess probably not (for this film anyway). Like Jahq, I was unfamiliar with the story too so it was a really heart-breaking ending too and Vikander acted the hell out of it! wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 11 2016, 02:25 AM
Post #10
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Just seen this. It was very good. Outstanding performances and often moving. My only slight nitpick was the direction and the pacing was kind of inconsistent and all over the place a bit. One minute it's moving along nicely, the next it seemed to drag and go on a bit too long before finding a nice pace again. One point I thought we were near the end of the film, checked my watch and we were only 50 minutes into it! laugh.gif

But very worthy Oscar-winning performances. Hopefully they get some for them at least. Alicia is a revelation <3

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Jan 13 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Went into this today on a whim with no expectations and it was absolutely mesmerising and heartbreaking. I haven't really seen Eddie in much before but he played the part of Lily fantastically. Alicia was very good also, and I really felt for her at times.

One of the best films I have seen in a long time.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Jan 13 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Went into this today on a whim with no expectations and it was absolutely mesmerising and heartbreaking. I haven't really seen Eddie in much before but he played the part of Lily fantastically. Alicia was very good also, and I really felt for her at times.

One of the best films I have seen in a long time.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jan 13 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #13
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

just back from this, i thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed it, jonjo's nitpick is basically mine - it seemed to jump years and years with barely a context clue so you weren't completely sure how many years days etc. had gone by but i was totally invested, didn't feel anywhere NEAR as long as its running time which is odd for me! really good film.

+Quote Post
Insomnio
post Sep 9 2016, 08:19 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 10,742
   No Gallery Pics

"The Danish Girl" is a period drama that premiered in my country's cinemas in the last days of January. It originally participated in the 72nd Venice International Film Festival and although it did not win the Golden Lion, it left a very good impression on the public and critics. Even though the main characters of the story were real, the movie is based on the novel of David Ebershoff which was taken from reality. "The Danish Girl" captured enough of the attention of the media because of its daring content but it was also quite discussed on the domestic film sites. Even “clogs” -a greek slang- had a view about this special film.
The film takes place in Copenhagen during the 1920s. The central character of the story is the painter Einar Wegener, who is married to painter Gerda Wegener. When the latter asks him to pose as a woman in order to replace her model, who was absent that day, Einar Wegener will do it for her, but he will identify with the role and he will start to discover his new self. "The Danish Girl" is a touching story that aims to show to the public, a man who comes up against the taboos of that time but also to himself. The British director Tom Hooper made a very valuable work and the film's protagonist, Eddie Redmayne, literally gave a deeply captivating interpretation! He was shocking as Lili Elbe / Einar Wegener while his expressions showed how much he took on his character. I strongly believe that no other actor could not have portrayed this iconic figure, without appearing as a caricature on the screen. Eddie Redmayne understood the demanding role and he presented the character in such a masterly way. Moreover, the Swedish co-star, Alicia Vikander, was excellent as Gerda Wegener and she was worthy to stand by Redmayne's side. "The Danish Girl" had beautiful photography, great cinematography, magnificent costumes and remarkable soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat. It's a film that is seen pleasantly throughout its course and it's really worth watching.
"The Danish Girl" competed for four Gold Statuettes such as "Best Actor", "Best Supporting Actress", "Best Costume Design" and "Best Production Design" in the last Oscar Ceremony, in which only Alicia Vikander was the big winner! It is one of the most important productions of last year and it rightly received very positive comments from the connoisseurs of the cinematic space. Despite this, it hasn't amassed a high average score by IMDb users, indicating that a large proportion of the public could not understand the content of this story. If they had really watched it.

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Sep 9 2016, 08:35 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:13 AM