BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Calum's Top 300 ∙ EOY 2019, COMPLETED: PAGE 7
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 11th February 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #101
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

51 Reuben Gray - Hallucinations
52 Alex Aiono - Her
53 Greyson Chance - shut up
54 Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar
55 James TW - You & Me
56 Aitch feat. ZieZie - Buss Down
57 Ruel - Hard Sometimes
58 Why Don't We - What Am I
59 Zara Larsson - All the Time
60 Emeli Sandé - Sparrow

Emeli Sandé shot straight to #1 in my personal chart when she came back to us with Sparrow, the first single from her third album REAL LIFE - unfortunately though it did absolutely nothing charts-wise officially, and not only that but she excluded it from the setlist of the album's tour too which was rather disappointing. I still like the song to this date, but it's not my favourite from what she had on offer in the album. Zara Larsson sneaks in pretty high up in the countdown with All the Time - one of her best songs since the Lush Life days. It's a shame her career took a bit of a nosedive with the music she put out in 2019, but hopefully she can recover from it with more bops akin to this. Why Don't We's final appearance in the countdown - and my favourite song of theirs in 2019 - is with What Am I, one of the later singles they released. It's a beautiful ballad, and really showcases how brilliantly they work together as a boyband, in terms of both chemistry and vocals. Ruel also sneaks in with Hard Sometimes, one of the tracks from his Free Time EP. I didn't really pay attention to this at all prior to his tour, but after seeing him live and really connecting with this song on a personal level, it went straight to #1 in my chart, and became one of the biggest surprises of the year! Aitch also appears with Buss Down, his collaboration with ZieZie from his debut EP, which then went on to become a single. This is probably the most commercial-sounding song from the EP, and it managed to spend a fair amount of time in my chart too.

James TW released a string of songs from his album before that was actually released, and one of those was You & Me - probably my favourite song of his to date. It's fun, up-beat and really shows off some of his versatility as an artist, considering he's most-known for more down-tempo, ballad-type songs. Harry Styles has another song pop up (although not his last!), and this time it's buzz-single Watermelon Sugar, from his second album Fine Line. Following Lights Up, this was a welcome change in pace and is such a care-free, FUN song that you just have to sing along to every time you put it on or it comes on the radio. I can't wait to see if we do get a video for this, because it'll surely be a visual treat. shut up, the lead single from Greyson Chance's album portraits appears here - and maybe a bit lower than I'd have anticipated, but everything else from here on out is just SO GOOD. shut up really clicked with me the two times I saw him live, because I didn't really have that strong an opinion before that. It's Greyson at his best, and it's got such an anthemic vibe (particularly live). Alex Aiono's final appearance in the countdown is with his single Her - by far his strongest and most iconic song to date - it's got the beat, it's got the drop and his vocals are divine. Such an incredible song! Closing the section is Reuben Gray who appeared not too long ago, this time with Hallucinations - the first of the two songs he put out in 2019. It's my favourite of the two and his vocals and everything else about the song is sublime, but they're both so good!

Next: 41-50 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 11th February 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #102
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Hey Calum, just had a major catch-up! Much love to Glee being in your favourite TV shows wub.gif it shaped my teenage years so much too! I think most fans agree that it declined in quality after a few seasons, but it'll always have a special place in my heart on the whole. Need to re-watch the whole thing!

From your latest songs section my favourites are 'Watermelon Sugar', 'All The Time' and 'Buss Down'! I think the former has now overtaken 'Sign Of The Times' as my favourite Harry song to date now. I hope we get a video for it too! Zara being paid dust for both 'Don't Worry Bout Me' and 'All The Time' is criminal tbh sad.gif both are really strong pop songs and actually amongst her best ever for me. Then 'Buss Down' is so infectious!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 11th February 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #103
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 11 2020, 11:42 AM) *
Hey Calum, just had a major catch-up! Much love to Glee being in your favourite TV shows wub.gif it shaped my teenage years so much too! I think most fans agree that it declined in quality after a few seasons, but it'll always have a special place in my heart on the whole. Need to re-watch the whole thing!

From your latest songs section my favourites are 'Watermelon Sugar', 'All The Time' and 'Buss Down'! I think the former has now overtaken 'Sign Of The Times' as my favourite Harry song to date now. I hope we get a video for it too! Zara being paid dust for both 'Don't Worry Bout Me' and 'All The Time' is criminal tbh sad.gif both are really strong pop songs and actually amongst her best ever for me. Then 'Buss Down' is so infectious!

Hey Jade!

Definitely agree re. Glee - I think for so many people they'll be able to look past the decline in quality in its later seasons and appreciate it for the good times it gave them on the whole.

Sign of the Times has never been my favourite of Harry's solo material, and Watermelon Sugar would be comfortably ahead of that, so I'm glad you're feeling the same. kink.gif

Thanks for commenting!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 11th February 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #104
Group icon
nabad

41 Charlie Puth - Mother
42 Emeli Sandé - You Are Not Alone
43 New Rules - Happy Ever After You
44 Isaac Dunbar - ferrari
45 Lauv - Drugs & The Internet
46 Austin Mahone - Dancing With Nobody
47 AJ Mitchell feat. Ava Max - Slow Dance
48 Emeli Sandé - Real Life
49 The Vamps - Missing You
50 Ariana Grande & Social House - boyfriend

We're now into the final section of 10 before we hit the top 40 songs of 2019, and then we'll go 5 songs at a time for a while. Kicking us off is Ariana Grande with her Social House collaboration, boyfriend. I've not been a massive fan of all of Ariana's output recently, but boyfriend is a cute jam that you can bop your head to. It's still enjoyable to this date so at least she's done some things right. Despite not having released a full-length album in what seems like ages now, The Vamps have had a pretty quiet 2019, releasing collaborations here and there, and then releasing an EP to keep us ticking over until the next album. Missing You, the titular track, is gorgeous and one of their best ballads to date I think - it's certainly up there with the likes of Another World. The title track from Emeli Sandé's third album appears here - it's a gorgeous song, and the last minute or so is incredibly powerful and reminds me just why I love her so much. AJ Mitchell's highest song in the countdown is none other than his collaboration with Ava Max on Slow Dance. The song managed to peak at #2 in my chart - he still hasn't managed a #1 in my chart, but I can see that coming very soon if he keeps going at this rate - and performed very well. It's such a beautiful track and their voices are so well suited. Austin Mahone's utter B O P Dancing With Nobody also struck gold in my chart, sticking around for quite some time because I just couldn't get it out of my head. It's catchy, infectious and so typically pop-Austin. It hurts that this was slept on by most.

Lauv makes another appearance, this time with Drugs & The Internet - one of the songs from his upcoming album. There's still more Lauv to come in the countdown, but this is definitely among the best he put out in 2019. It's fun, and his social commentary is on point as per. Isaac Dunbar only has a couple of songs remaining, but ferrari is certainly among the best of those, having been a surprise #1 in my chart earlier in the year. Isaac's production skills (he produces all of his own music) are second to none, and for an artist as small-scale as he is at the moment, it's incredible to see him putting out songs like this when he's yet to touch down on a major label and produce even bigger songs. The sky's the limit, and I'm hopeful I'll hear some of these songs live when I see him in London. New Rules appear (not for the last time) with Happy Ever After You from their debut EP. It's got a strong chorus, strong lyrics throughout and it's one of their best to date. This is another one that I can't wait to hear live - and not a moment too soon because I'll be seeing them next Friday in Glasgow, yass! A double for Emeli in this section as You Are Not Alone finishes here - a song so gravely under-appreciated, but one that went down a treat on tour, and that managed to get its own music video. It's such an empowering, uplifting song with inspirational lyrics that leave me with a smile on my face, knowing that she's looking out for people and that she cares about the mental health message coming across in her music. Finally, Charlie Puth's Mother just misses out on the top 40 - his finest release of the year (with a thirst-quenching video to match).

Next: 3-4 (Top Artists of 2019)

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 12th February 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #105
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Think I had You & Me on my playlist earlier this year, it didn't stand out massively for me but still a fairly nice song!

Giving Dancing With Nobody a listen now, another decent pop song, he really can get those high notes can't he ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 13th February 2020, 12:54 AM
Post #106
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Feb 12 2020, 09:24 PM) *
Think I had You & Me on my playlist earlier this year, it didn't stand out massively for me but still a fairly nice song!

Giving Dancing With Nobody a listen now, another decent pop song, he really can get those high notes can't he ohmy.gif

Hey Pete!

Yeah, You & Me isn't exactly the best song ever, but it's so cute! laugh.gif And yes, Austin's range is incredible, glad you liked it! *.*

Thanks for commenting! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 13th February 2020, 01:07 AM
Post #107
Group icon
nabad

Isaac Dunbar

After discovering Isaac Dunbar in late 2018 with his first singles blonde and freshman year, 2019 became such a massive year for following him - he released a single every couple of months or so and we've ended up with so many in the top 300 songs of the year (with more still to come, too). His music is so different in style to the type that I'm most known for listening to, but his voice is unmatched to any I've heard before, and his songs have the unique ability to start off sounding like one thing, and end completely different leaving you feeling you've just had an incredible 3-minute experience. He's already launched into 2020 releasing more new music, and I'll be seeing him on tour when he stops by London - so I cannot WAIT for that because I'm sure it'll be a really special night. I just can't wait to have a full length album from him, because his debut EP balloons don't float here is a good indication that he knows how to make a body of work that flows perfectly from start to finish with not a single filler track.

Emeli Sandé

Emeli surprised us all when she dropped Sparrow - I certainly wasn't expecting a new album as soon as this - and although Real Life ended up being delayed a number of times, we finally got it in the second half of 2019, and what an incredible album it turned out to be (so worth the wait!). It's probably become my favourite album by Emeli, and the fact that she manages to convey so many positive messages in her lyrics just has me in awe of her completely. I was so incredibly fortunate to, after 9 years of stanning, meet her at her Edinburgh tour date which is a moment I'll cherish forever (pic available on Instagram for those that haven't seen x), and hearing all of those songs come to life on stage was magic. She captivates me with songs like Survivor, Honest, Same Old Feeling, Real Life and Free as a Bird - all some of the highlights from an 11-track album that's FULL of highlights. There's not a single dud on the album, and that's why Emeli's one of the best artists of the year; she's been such a prominent part of my year and I'm so thankful.

Next: 36-40 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 15th February 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #108
Group icon
nabad

36 Jonas Brothers - Cool
37 Stormzy - Vossi Bop
38 Isaac Dunbar - pharmacy
39 Harry Styles - Lights Up
40 Selena Gomez - Lose You to Love Me

Kicking off the top 40 is Selena Gomez with her comeback song Lose You to Love Me - describing exactly what she needed to do to move on from a toxic relationship that's haunted her for some time. It was the perfect way for Selena to come back to us, tell her story and let us know that she made it through the dark and is in a better place now. It's such a touching ballad, and definitely one of the strongest offerings from her album Rare. Harry Styles' lead single Lights Up from his second album Fine Line is just ahead - a vast change from Sign of the Times (and pretty much anything else from his debut solo era). Showcasing a progression in sound, Lights Up had me captivated and ready to embrace whatever was to come with this new era. And let's not ignore the fact the video is one of the hottest things - Harry knows how to (although not entirely original) give us ART.

Isaac Dunbar's single pharmacy is his second-highest in the countdown, with one more yet to come. The song reached #1 in my personal chart, and it's another of the songs Isaac's released that starts with a sombre couple of verses and choruses before breaking out into an incredible piece of music in its last minute or so. His voice really is at its best here, so I'm hoping this will be one of the songs I hear when I see him live this year. Just ahead is Stormzy who has had an incredible year, both in terms of singles (both solo and features) and his album. Vossi Bop, the first single from the campaign for Heavy Is the Head, was released earlier in the year and really got me on board. Like I've already said, I didn't pay too much attention to Stormzy before now, but Vossi Bop and all the singles that followed (and the incredible album tracks) really broke the mould. Finally, the Jonas Brothers' second single of 2019, Cool, is such a fun, feel-good song about just feeling so... cool. It was such a great moment on their Happiness Begins tour, and really just sums up what the three brothers are all about with their music.

Next: 31-35 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 15th February 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #109
Group icon
nabad

31 HRVY - Told You So
32 Lewis Capaldi - Hold Me While You Wait
33 Nina Nesbitt - Is It Really Me You're Missing
34 Lauv - Sad Forever
35 Jonas Blue & HRVY - Younger

HRVY bookends this section with two entries, the first of those being his collaboration with Jonas Blue on Younger. This is such a fun track, and it's great to see HRVY getting more mainstream exposure by collaborating with big-name DJs. Not that he needs any help to produce big hits of his own though, because his solo track in this section Told You So is such a BOP. Every time I listen to Told You So it goes off, and it has me singing along, wanting to get up and just dance, care-free. It's a great song, but ultimately HRVY still has another song to come in the countdown before all his music from 2019 has appeared. Just ahead of HRVY and Jonas Blue is Lauv with Sad Forever. This wasn't immediately a favourite of mine, but the more I listened to it the more I was able to relate to the lyrics and it's by far one of my favourite songs from Lauv now. Speaking so openly about mental health is one of the best qualities of Lauv's music recently, and having someone you can relate to in that respect is so important, knowing you're not alone and that other people face these struggles with you.

Nina Nesbitt and Lewis Capaldi appear again, and this time both with their highest appearances in the countdown. Hold Me While You Wait was the long-awaited follow-up to Someone You Loved - it took a long time for them to actually promote another song from the album given the success of the aforementioned, but when we finally moved on and Hold Me While You Wait got the recognition it deserved, it was great. I definitely prefer this to a lot of other songs from Lewis' debut album, and it's the one that stands out for me among so many other similar-sounding songs. Nina, on the other hand, delivered the goods and then some with Is It Really Me You're Missing. To me, it's like the The Hardest Part of The Sun Will Come Up..., which is no bad thing. There aren't many proper ballads on this album, so it's a welcome change of pace and going back to the style of the debut album Peroxide a little. It's a beautiful song and never fails to make me feel all the feels when I listen.

Next: 26-30 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 15th February 2020, 10:13 PM
Post #110
Group icon
nabad

26 Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
27 Greyson Chance - black on black
28 NOTD & HRVY - I Miss Myself
29 Isaac Dunbar - cologne
30 Alok, Felix Jaehn & The Vamps - All the Lies

Alok, Felix Jaehn and The Vamps' collaboration on All the Lies was a great surprise to keep us ticking over with music from The Vamps earlier this year. Although we got their Missing You EP too, to see them still collaborating with other artists in the meantime was great. It's a fun song, and packs a real punch that makes it the bop it is. It's probably one of my favourite Vamps songs/collaborations, so yay for some DJs that brought them on board! Isaac Dunbar's final entry in the countdown comes in the form of cologne - undoubtedly my favourite of the 'singles' (aka songs that made it to Release Radar on Spotify before the EP was actually released), and one that I entered to BJSC in 2019 too. It's a beautiful song, and again reaches incredible heights as the song progresses through the minutes. HRVY also has his final entry in the countdown here, and this time it's I Miss Myself, with NOTD. NOTD brought us the bops in 2019 (see Wanted, his Daya collaboration), but his production and HRVY's slick, smooth vocals made for the perfect pop song.

Greyson Chance appears again, and certainly not for the final time, with black on black - my second favourite track from portraits. I've spoken so much about portraits already, so I feel like I'm running out of steam here, but there can never be enough positivity about just how brilliant the album is, and in particular this track too. It didn't really click with me until a few listens into the album, but black on black is such a bop, one where Greyson's true, authentic self really comes out and he gives us an insight into just what he likes. The lyrics are great, but it proves that Greyson's not just here to serve us the ballads - he can make a really amazing pop song with an incredible beat and chorus too. Finally, one of the most recent songs to reach the top 40, and it's Dua Lipa's lead single from her second album Future Nostalgia - Don't Start Now. I think there was a certain expectation heading into this era given how monumental her first era was, but she delivered the goods and Don't Start Now not only seems like a natural progression as we head into a new era, but it's one of her biggest bops to date with catchy lyrics and a chorus to die for.

Next: 21-25 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 15th February 2020, 10:29 PM
Post #111
Group icon
nabad

21 Beyoncé - Spirit
22 Lauv & Anne-Marie - fuck, i'm lonely
23 Tiësto & Mabel - God is a Dancer
24 HRVY - Million Ways
25 Stormzy - Crown

We're just seconds away from the top 20 now, and into the final section of five before we drop down to the FINAL 20 SONGS OF THE COUNTDOWN - what will be the #1 song of 2019? I'll be posting an alphabetical list of the top 20 songs after this section! Kicking us off though is Stormzy with Crown, the single that followed Vossi Bop - and ultimately my favourite of the two. Crown was in many ways similar to Blinded By Your Grace for me - it had the gospel elements thrown in there for similarity, and it also had him going down the non-grime route, which is probably why it didn't have as great an impact as Vossi Bop did, but nonetheless it's a great song! HRVY's final appearance in the countdown is his most recent single (not including ME BECAUSE OF YOU that's just been released), Million Ways. In many ways (pardon the pun) this marked the beginning of a new era, as it seemed like HRVY wanted to shelf all his previous work and start fresh with this moving forward. It's typical HRVY though - an incredible pop song with his wonderfully dreamy vocals to match.

Tiësto and Mabel also make an appearance with their collaboration God is a Dancer. This was a massive surprise for me in 2019 - I wasn't expecting to really LOVE any music by Mabel, but she's gone and done it several times over. God is a Dancer is a typical dance banger, but Mabel's vocals matched with the beat is perfection really. It's one of the best things she's put her name to, so more of this when she bounces back from the lacklustre performance of her debut album please. Lauv and Anne-Marie's collaboration for 13 Reasons Why's third season, fuck, i'm lonely, is amazing. Obviously the opinion of Anne-Marie on Buzzjack is not amazing (which to me all seems pretty unfounded really), but her and Lauv on the same song, and one as good as this, really made me fall in love. I haven't finished season 3 of 13RW yet so can't comment on how it fits in there, but as a standalone single that will eventually be included on Lauv's album, it worked so well for me. Finally, Beyoncé made her mark in 2019 by appearing as Nala in the live-action remake of Disney's The Lion King. Not only that, she provided vocals for original track Spirit on the soundtrack. This was massive for me - a poignant moment in the film that made me quite emotional, and hearing Beyoncé singing a pop ballad once more was great - this is what she's best at, and I love it.

Next: Recap: 21-300 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 15th February 2020, 10:34 PM
Post #112
Group icon
nabad

21-300

21 Beyoncé - Spirit
22 Lauv & Anne-Marie - fuck, i'm lonely
23 Tiësto & Mabel - God is a Dancer
24 HRVY - Million Ways
25 Stormzy - Crown
26 Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
27 Greyson Chance - black on black
28 NOTD & HRVY - I Miss Myself
29 Isaac Dunbar - cologne
30 Alok, Felix Jaehn & The Vamps - All the Lies
31 HRVY - Told You So
32 Lewis Capaldi - Hold Me While You Wait
33 Nina Nesbitt - Is It Really Me You're Missing
34 Lauv - Sad Forever
35 Jonas Blue & HRVY - Younger
36 Jonas Brothers - Cool
37 Stormzy - Vossi Bop
38 Isaac Dunbar - pharmacy
39 Harry Styles - Lights Up
40 Selena Gomez - Lose You to Love Me
41 Charlie Puth - Mother
42 Emeli Sandé - You Are Not Alone
43 New Rules - Happy Ever After You
44 Isaac Dunbar - ferrari
45 Lauv - Drugs & The Internet
46 Austin Mahone - Dancing With Nobody
47 AJ Mitchell feat. Ava Max - Slow Dance
48 Emeli Sandé - Real Life
49 The Vamps - Missing You
50 Ariana Grande & Social House - boyfriend
51 Reuben Gray - Hallucinations
52 Alex Aiono - Her
53 Greyson Chance - shut up
54 Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar
55 James TW - You & Me
56 Aitch feat. ZieZie - Buss Down
57 Ruel - Hard Sometimes
58 Why Don't We - What Am I
59 Zara Larsson - All the Time
60 Emeli Sandé - Sparrow
61 HRVY - I Don't Think About You
62 JC Stewart - The Wrong Ones
63 Scott Helman - Everything Sucks
64 Jonas Brothers - Strangers
65 Greyson Chance - west texas
66 AJ Mitchell - Say It Again
67 Reuben Gray - Temptation
68 PRETTYMUCH - Blind
69 Greyson Chance - yours
70 AJ Mitchell - All My Friends
71 Stormzy feat. Ed Sheeran & Burna Boy - Own It
72 Harry Styles - Adore You
73 Plested - Either You Love Me Or You Don't
74 Jonas Brothers - Rollercoaster
75 Camila Cabello - Dream of You
76 Lauv - Feelings
77 Sigma feat. Louisa - Here We Go Again
78 5 Seconds of Summer feat. Julia Michaels - Lie to Me
79 Matteo Markus Bok - In the Middle
80 P!nk - Walk Me Home
81 5 Seconds of Summer - Easier
82 Young T & Bugsey feat. Aitch - Strike a Pose
83 Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down
84 Charli XCX feat. Lizzo - Blame It on Your Love
85 Picture This - Modern Love
86 Jack & Jack - Lotta Love
87 Ed Sheeran feat. Stormzy - Take Me Back to London
88 Kesha feat. Big Freedia - Raising Hell
89 Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie - ME!
90 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
91 Why Don't We - Big Plans
92 Ed Sheeran feat. Camila Cabello & Cardi B - South of the Border
93 Ellie Goulding - Sixteen
94 Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love
95 Why Don't We - Cold in LA
96 Taylor Swift - Afterglow
97 Cheat Codes & Daniel Blume - Who's Got Your Love
98 Normani - Motivation
99 Niall Horan - Put a Little Love on Me
100 Camila Cabello - Cry For Me

101 Aitch - Taste (Make It Shake)
102 Why Don't We - I Still Do
103 AUSTN - Mean
104 ZAYN - Satisfaction
105 Post Malone feat. Young Thug - Goodbyes
106 Digital Farm Animals feat. AJ Mitchell - Without You Now
107 Greyson Chance - stand
108 Why Don't We - Come to Brazil
109 Lil Nas X feat. Cardi B - Rodeo
110 AJ Mitchell - Move On
111 Liam Payne feat. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - Stack It Up
112 Harry Styles - Falling
113 Stormzy feat. Aitch - Pop Boy
114 ZAYN - All That
115 Jonas Brothers - Only Human
116 Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me
117 Johnny Orlando - All These Parties
118 ZAYN - Good Years
119 AJ Mitchell - Down in Flames
120 Naughty Boy feat. Emeli Sandé & Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Bungee Jumping
121 Why Don't We & Macklemore - I Don't Belong In This Club
122 Moss Kena - Begging
123 Lewis Watson - spark
124 Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
125 Andreas Wijk - NuMb ❄
126 JC Stewart - Bones
127 ZAYN - Back to Life
128 AUSTN - In Betweenin'
129 Bazzi - I.F.L.Y.
130 ZAYN - I Don't Mind
131 Rita Ora feat. 6LACK - Only Want You
132 Greyson Chance - lakeshore
133 BTS feat. Lauv - Make It Right
134 Sam Feldt feat. Rani - Post Malone
135 Taylor Swift - The Man
136 Jack & Jack - Day Dreaming
137 John Newman & Nina Nesbitt - Without You
138 Luca Hänni - She Got Me
139 ZAYN & Zhavia Ward - A Whole New World
140 Why Don't We - Unbelievable
141 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road
142 Mabel - OK (Anxiety Anthem)
143 Isaac Dunbar - mime
144 Matteo Markus Bok - SLO-MO
145 5 Seconds of Summer - Teeth
146 MARINA - Handmade Heaven
147 Ruel - Real Thing
148 Isaac Dunbar - woman on the hills
149 Luca Hänni - Bella Bella
150 Ruel - Painkiller
151 Emeli Sandé - Same Old Feeling
152 Greyson Chance - timekeeper
153 Meduza feat. Goodboys - Piece of Your Heart
154 FELIX SANDMAN - MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
155 Ava Max - Freaking Me Out
156 P!nk feat. Khalid - Hurts 2B Human
157 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
158 Ruel - Free Time
159 Stormzy feat. Headie One - Audacity
160 Katy Perry - Small Talk
161 Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness
162 Plested - The Least That I Could Do
163 Greyson Chance - seasons nineteen
164 Diplo & Jonas Brothers - Lonely
165 Conan Gray - Maniac
166 Misunderstood - Juicy Fruit
167 Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With a Stranger
168 Jonas Brothers - I Believe
169 Charlie Puth - I Warned Myself
170 Lil Nas X - C7osure (You Like)
171 David Guetta feat. RAYE - Stay (Don't Go Away)
172 Johnny Orlando - Sleep
173 Marshmello feat. CHVRCHES - Here With Me
174 Selena Gomez - Look at Her Now
175 Andreas Wijk - MADONNA
176 PRETTYMUCH & CNCO - Me Necesita
177 Why Don't We - Mad at You
178 Daddy Yankee & Katy Perry feat. Snow - Con Calma
179 Noah Taylor - Love You a Lot
180 Nina Nesbitt - Love Letter
181 RØYLS - Savages
182 Alex Aiono - Unloving You
183 Isaac Dunbar - onion boy
184 Sam Fender - Hypersonic Missiles
185 Elliot Jones - i'm in love
186 Thomston - Lightweight
187 Mahmood - Soldi
188 Isac Elliot - Somebody Else
189 Mashd N Kutcher feat. Alex Aiono - Better Me
190 Camila Cabello - Liar
191 Nina Nesbitt - Black & Blue
192 Julia Michaels feat. Selena Gomez - Anxiety
193 Mark Ronson feat. Camila Cabello - Find U Again
194 Jonas Blue feat. Theresa Rex - What I Like About You
195 R3HAB & ZAYN feat. Jungleboi - Flames
196 Why Don't We - Don't Change
197 Lauv & LANY - Mean It
198 Jack & Jack - 2 Cigarettes
199 Lennon Stella - Kissing Other People
200 Dominic Fike - 3 Nights

201 kwassa - sad songs
202 Bea Miller & Snakehips - NEVER GONNA LIKE YOU
203 Isaac Dunbar - body
204 The Script - The Last Time
205 AJ Mitchell - Like Strangers Do
206 Meghan Trainor feat. Lennon Stella & Sasha Sloan - Workin' On It
207 Kesha - My Own Dance
208 JC Stewart - Pick Up Your Phone
209 Thomas Headon - Clean Me Up
210 Snakehips feat. Rivers Cuomo & KYLE - Gucci Rock N Rolla
211 Conan Gray - Checkmate
212 Allie X & Troye Sivan - Love Me Wrong
213 Bea Miller feat. 6LACK - it's not u it's me
214 Martin Jensen feat. James Arthur - Nobody
215 Meghan Trainor feat. Mike Sabath - Wave
216 AUSTN - Backup Plan
217 Ed Sheeran feat. Chance the Rapper & PnB Rock - Cross Me
218 Bastille & Alessia Cara - Another Place
219 Charlie Puth - Cheating on You
220 Bishara - On My Own
221 Lana Del Rey - fuck it I love you
222 Alexander Stewart - Backwards
223 Isac Elliot - Waiting Game
224 JP Cooper & Astrid S - Sing It With Me
225 PRETTYMUCH feat. Tjay - Lying
226 Greyson Chance - bleed you still
227 Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
228 Zara Larsson - Don't Worry Bout Me
229 Dua Lipa - Swan Song
230 Dermot Kennedy - Outnumbered
231 Steve Void & AUSTN - Without You
232 NOTD & Daya - Wanted
233 AJ Mitchell - Talk So Much
234 New Rules - Home Sweet Hotel
235 Taylor Swift - The Archer
236 MAX feat. Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
237 Lukas James - Easy
238 Josef Salvat - modern anxiety
239 New Rules - Fix Somebody
240 Miss Benny - Rendezvous
241 Isaac Dunbar - blueberry brows
242 Ava Max - So Am I
243 James Bay feat. Julia Michaels - Peer Pressure
244 Lizzo - Good as Hell
245 Nina Nesbitt - Colder
246 Alex Aiono - I Can't Be Me
247 The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
248 Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours
249 Lil Nas X - Panini
250 Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me Angel
251 Camila Cabello - First Man
252 Ava Max - Torn
253 Jake Miller feat. Tomos - NERVOUS
254 Chance the Rapper feat. Shawn Mendes - Ballin Flossin
255 Zedd & Kehlani - Good Thing
256 AJ Mitchell - Out My Mind
257 Kameron Michaels - Freedom
258 Emeli Sandé - Extraordinary Being
259 Andreas Wijk - What NOW???
260 Logan Henderson - Pull Me Deep
261 AJ Mitchell - Unstoppable
262 JP Saxe & Julia Michaels - If the World Was Ending
263 Ruel - Face to Face
264 Arizona Zervas - ROXANNE
265 New Rules - Mountains
266 Taylor Swift - Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince
267 Denis Coleman - Without You
268 Noah Taylor - Black + Blue
269 Josh Mac - CALIFORNIA
270 Riverdale Cast feat. Ashleigh Murray & KJ Apa - People Like Us
271 Camila Cabello - This Love
272 Alessia Cara - Ready
273 PRETTYMUCH - Phases
274 Blake Rose - Lady
275 Andreas Wijk - will you be there when the summer ends
276 Alexander Stewart - Best Damn Thing
277 tyler drama - HOLDING ON
278 SHAED & ZAYN - Trampoline
279 Oscar Enestad - I Love It
280 Dalton Harris - Cry
281 Sam Fender - Dead Boys
282 Gabrielle Aplin feat. JP Cooper - Losing Me
283 Joel Adams - Kingdom
284 Michael Medrano - Fluids
285 Conan Gray - Comfort Crowd
286 Lewis Watson - Fly When I Fall
287 SG Lewis feat. Ruel - Flames
288 Benjamin Rihan - Talk About You
289 LZRD feat. Jake Miller - Anything Anymore
290 Isaac Dunbar - diamonds are a girl's best friend
291 Jeremy Zucker feat. Bea Miller - comethru
292 Alessandro Casillo - Hasta Luego
293 Dermot Kennedy - Rome
294 Sammy Wilk - Livin' Life
295 Nicki Minaj - MEGATRON
296 Ava Max - Salt
297 DJ Spoony feat. Zak Abel - Gotta Get Thru This
298 Miss Benny - One Damn Good Mistake
299 Andreas Wijk - Peace 佑 Piəɔə
300 Oscar Enestad - Sign of My Love

Next: 1-2 (Top Artists of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 15th February 2020, 10:38 PM
Post #113
Group icon
nabad

The Top 20 in Alphabetical Order

Camila Cabello - Easy
Camila Cabello - Shameless
Emeli Sandé - Free as a Bird
Emeli Sandé - Shine
Greyson Chance - Boots
Greyson Chance - white roses
Jack & Jack - Promise Me
Jonas Brothers - Sucker
Katy Perry - Never Really Over
Lauv & Troye Sivan - i’m so tired…
Mabel - Don’t Call Me Up
Mabel - Mad Love
New Rules - 24 Hours
Shawn Mendes - If I Can’t Have You
Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer
Taylor Swift feat. Shawn Mendes - Lover
The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love
Tiësto, Jonas Blue & Rita Ora - Ritual
ZAYN - There You Are

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th February 2020, 11:46 AM
Post #114
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Lots of taste but Lights Up is way too low xx

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th February 2020, 02:25 PM
Post #115
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(JosephInSpace @ Feb 16 2020, 11:46 AM) *
Lots of taste but Lights Up is way too low xx

Fake news xx

Thanks Joseph! *.*

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th February 2020, 02:44 PM
Post #116
Group icon
nabad

Shawn Mendes

In any other year, there'd have been absolutely no competition for Shawn to be my #1 artist of the year - but for 2019, he's been pipped to the post by one certain other. Shawn's had an incredible 2019, despite having not released a new album. He has however, given us two of the biggest hits of his career to date in the form of If I Can't Have You and Señorita; the latter being his second and biggest collaboration with now-girlfriend Camila Cabello. Both songs are yet to appear in the top 20 of my top 300 songs of 2019, so another massive achievement there. Besides those two songs, Shawn's also featured on a remix of Taylor Swift's song Lover - bringing that to new heights. His voice sounds so delicious on that. Shawn's given us so much to love throughout the year, whether that's fanning over his Calvin Klein pics and any other subsequent photoshoots, his live performances at awards ceremonies, his supposed faux relationship with Camila - he's been a major talking point for so many throughout the year and I can't wait for him to begin the campaign for his fourth album, whenever that may be. As well as all of that, I had the privilege of seeing Shawn live in April 2019 for the fourth time. This was his best tour to date, in support of his self-titled third album, and the arm porn on the screens in the arena throughout was just incredible. He's made my 2019 better, and I can't think of any other artist who's had such an impact on me in the little time he's been around. Thank you for everything, Shawn!

Greyson Chance

Without further ado, my #1 Artist of 2019 is none other than... Greyson Chance! Greyson has been on my radar for a number of years, having listened to his first album Hold On 'Til the Night all those years ago when he found fame, to peeping his intermittent EPs here and there. When he released his second album portraits (which he considers to be his debut more than anything), I was completely blown away. This is such an authentic, true, real and raw account of Greyson's life and what's led him to where he is now. The power of his storytelling through his lyrics is just insane, and he manages to make me feel all the emotions in such different ways with each of the tracks; from feeling emotional af listening to white roses, to ready to bop with black on black. It goes on and on. Greyson's had an incredible year, but even after the portraits campaign died down, he went on to release Boots - another up-beat, fun and cool track that really highlights how strong his social commentary is in his music. Besides all of the music he released during the year, I also managed to see him live two times, once in London and once in Glasgow where I met him and got some photos taken! He really is such a beautiful, pure soul and he really believes in the message he's trying to get across with his music, and he wants his fans to know that they are the reason he does what he does. Seeing him live was such an incredible experience - being only inches away from him on both occasions (the best videos I've managed to capture from any concert lmao) and seeing him dig deep into his soul to deliver a performance that nobody will ever forget. Greyson is the one artist that has truly defined 2019 for me, and I cannot wait for him to do it all over again with his next album, which is due at some point in 2020! If you haven't listened to portraits (or any other Greyson music), please give it a try because it's remarkable!

Next: 19-20 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th February 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #117
Group icon
nabad

20 New Rules - 24 Hours

New Rules have had an incredible start to their career - going from releasing a couple of songs like Fix Me and Mountains and managing to make New Music Friday, to going on to release their debut EP, tour the UK supporting Little Mix (and their own headline tour that I'll be seeing them on next week!) - and 24 Hours is the best representation of what they're about as a band so far, I think. When 24 Hours dropped, I was shocked. I wasn't expecting this from them given their previous aforementioned songs, but they've completely won me over already and we've only had a handful of songs from them. They're already solidifying themselves as being in the same league as the likes of The Vamps, New Hope Club, etc and I can't wait to see where we go from here. 24 Hours is a great, fun track that managed to reach #1 in my chart, and it still sounds so fresh now.

19 Jack & Jack - Promise Me

Promise Me was immediately my favourite song from Jack & Jack's debut album A Good Friend Is Nice. When it dropped earlier in 2019, I was listening through waiting for that one song that would click with me and become an eternal favourite, and it's this song. Promise Me is more of a ballad than we're used to by Jack & Jack - given their songs like Rise, Day Dreaming, Lotta Love, etc. This song really strips things back and exposes their vocals (which are stunning). It's a heartbreaking song, but at the same time it fills me with hope. I'm still really gutted I didn't get to see them live on tour because I think this would have been such a moment (similar to moments I've experienced with songs yet to come). Promise Me managed to jump straight into my chart at #1 in its first week and stuck around for some time after, becoming their longest-charting song.

Next: 17-18 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th February 2020, 05:24 PM
Post #118
Group icon
nabad

18 Emeli Sandé - Shine

It took a while for Emeli to bridge the gap between Sparrow and the eventual release of her third album REAL LIFE, but we got there eventually with the release of Shine, the second single from the album. The song is so inspiring with its lyrics and its music video. It's all about letting love into your soul, being the best version of yourself you possibly can be and just loving life, the world around you and shining bright. Her album is littered with positivity and inspiring messages of hope and wonder - and this is one of the best examples of that. The song builds up to a dramatic conclusion where her vocals run wild and sound incredible, and hearing this on tour (twice!) was an incredible moment too. Although there are delicate moments on REAL LIFE that work beautifully too, when Emeli does an up-beat song she really nails it.

17 Taylor Swift feat. Shawn Mendes - Lover

I don't think anybody could say they were expecting this. A Shawn and Taylor collaboration is something only dreams were made of, but then she dropped the surprise remix of Lover out of the blue, featuring Shawn, and I (and everybody else) was floored. Lover was already one of my favourite songs from Taylor's seventh album of the same name, but with the added bonus of Shawn's dreamy vocals on this, and the incredible conclusion the song reaches with Shawn desperately wanting to be a lover, it hit a new level of perfection. It's a shame we never got a music video for this because seeing the two of them opposite one another for such a beautiful song would've been great, but hopefully it's not the last time we hear their voices on the same song. Give us what we want on your fourth album please, Shawn x

Next: 15-16 (Top 300 Songs of 2019)

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 16th February 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #119
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

I Miss Myself only being at 28.... shuck!

Good to see I'm so Tired... being so high smile.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th February 2020, 05:42 PM
Post #120
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Feb 16 2020, 05:27 PM) *
I Miss Myself only being at 28.... shuck!

Good to see I'm so Tired... being so high smile.gif

I love I Miss Myself so much so yeah even I'm annoyed it's not higher than that, but everything else is so good laugh.gif

Thanks ElectroBoy! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 05:00 AM