BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So Good | RATE RESULTS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post Oct 14 2019, 08:07 AM
Post #1
#VoteGarden.Keh
Group: Members
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

Let me tell you. We are in for some surprises on this countdown. I’ll start counting down later today!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 14 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #2
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

15. Make That Money Girl avg score- 2.2

In last place, and probably to no-one’s surprise is Make That Money Girl. The song received an average score of just 2.2 after 2 -1s were awarded from myself and PearlyGirl. The song is a dire attempt at a Rihanna remake imo and one I always skip yikes. What’s your opinion on it, should it have been higher?

14. Sundown (feat. WizKid) avg score- 4.4

A jump in average, having doubled the average of the last song is Sundown, Zara’s summery bop with WizKid who had just come off being featured on MASSIVE Drake single One Dance, so you would have expected this to be more successful upon release. The song suffers most from being quite unmemorable in my opinion and the feature is ultimately quite pointless with him just shouting “get on the bounce” a few times, I think. I can’t remember it all that much honestly oops?

The right bottom 2, or did they deserve better?

+Quote Post
Frenchie
post Oct 14 2019, 08:17 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 72,030
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely the right bottom two. I always skip them when I listen to the album.

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Oct 16 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #4
Julian Nial
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

To be fair, since the rate Sundown has grown on me a little, It came on my recommended Spotify playlist and I was bopping along. But yes the feature is rather pointless and they could have switched up a few of the lyrics.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Oct 16 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #5
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Sundown is much better once you don’t play it then hear it down the line tbh

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 20 2019, 04:13 PM
Post #6
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

13. One Mississippi avg score- 5.6

Another jump in average here to 13th place which goes to a song I’m not going to try and spell the title of again smile.gif. The song is a slow number like quite a few on the album. The song received some pretty decent scores but none allowing it to be higher than an average score of 5.6.

12. What They Say avg score- 6

In 12th is the opening track of the album, What They Say. An empowering song of self-confidence ranks here due to its rather forgettable production and lyrics and isn’t really an essential on the album. The songs a slightly faster one in tempo compared to a lot of slower numbers on the album but still doesn’t hit quite the same punch many more songs still to come do.

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 21 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #7
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

11. So Good (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) avg score- 6.1

Earning the title of the lowest ranked single off of the album is the 90s-R&B-tinged So Good. The track undoubtedly killed hype for the album as it couldn’t even earn a top 40 peak after smash hits I Would Like and Ain’t My Fault (still to come), due to its rather basic melody, repeated lyrics and cheap phone-in verse from Ty. I’d say it was about right in this position in the rank and there were tons of better single choices than this. (I remember the cover art for the single being LUSH though)

10. Don’t Let Me Be Yours avg score- 7.4

Just inside the top 10 is Ed Sheeran co-write Don’t Let Me Be Yours, the second single to leave us. One that I think could have performed a lot better chart wise had it had a proper commercial push. The song is a really cute song off the album with interesting acoustic to electronic production and incredible vocals from our girl of the minute and I think Buzzjack kind of did it dirty here tbh sad.gif

+Quote Post
Frenchie
post Oct 21 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Actually love these two tracks. 'So Good' definitely deserved better in the charts. I always forget about 'Don't Let Me Be Yours' when I think about the album but it is such a bop and Zara sounds amazing!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 27 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #9
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

9. Only You avg score- 8.2

In at number 9 is the lush Only You, one of my personal favourites of the album so I’m glad to see it doing moderately well here with a pretty good average really. The song is ofc an ode to loving yourself (in more ways than one) whilst being in a relationship and features some interesting production including that sublime bridge I’d consider one of the highlights of the album. The song was compared to Rihanna ballads upon release, which I never quite got tbh but I could deffo see Rih singing a song like this and pulling it off beautifully. Overall, the song includes some great vocals from Zara and clearly has some big fans on here!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 27 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #10
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

8. I Can’t Fall In Love Without You avg score- 8.4

In 8th place we have what I think is actually one of her most streamed songs due to being on so many ballad/love song/sad playlists smile.gif. The song is a beautiful piano ballad which slowly builds but is quite haunting and beautiful really and for me her best ballad along with Uncover. The song received very consistent scores in this rate and I didn’t realise it was as loved on here as this so very happy to see this ranking so high, particularly over so many popular singles. The ICONIC “give a f*** bout who you f****” should rightfully go down in history!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 27 2019, 06:16 PM
Post #11
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

7. I Would Like avg score- 8.6

In the first shocker of the countdown, the hugely successful I Would Like comes only 7th!!! The song peaked at number 2 in the U.K. after being released only as a promotional single but then being liked enough to get a full promotional push including an X Factor performance. The song uses sample of “Dat Sexy Body” by Sasha which J-Lo would also use in one of her songs soon after the release of this song. The song is a fun house-esque number and I thought it was generally quite loved on here but clearly 6 songs are loved more! The song gained scores higher than 7 including one 11 score from Juliano which just shows the overall quality of one half of this album! (A music video would have been welcomed though)

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 27 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #12
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

6. Never Forget You (with MNEK) avg score- 9

Another shocker (what has happened in these votes wowee) sees Never Forget You, top 5 worldwide smash land in at only number 6! The song was Zara’s first peek of success in the UK as this was pretty MASSIVE here wasn’t it. The reworking of the song with Brit MNEK included some great production, vocals and lyrics and saw the song become a pop staple of the 2010s and one of her best songs live imo. I think we see this so low not due to the lack of fans, as we see from its very impressive score but the sheer love for other songs even more-so and the high quality of the album!

+Quote Post
Frenchie
post Oct 27 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Surprised 'I Would Like' is so low. Such a bop and it reminds me of Christmas/New Year 2016, when it was high in the charts.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Oct 27 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #14
🙄

Only You deserves better
So does I can’t fall in love without you! The streaming smash!!!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 28 2019, 12:33 AM
Post #15
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

5. TG4M avg score- 9.1

*just* beating Never Forget You to number 5 and just shy of the top 4 is TG4M another non-single yet streaming smash! The song has broken 100 million streams on Spotify alone and was loved by fans immediately and pined to be a single yet it wasn’t meant to be. The song got in hot water with girl group All Saints who claimed it was too sonically similar to their 00s hit song Pure Shores yet no legal action was taken against it. The song for me has become slightly dated since it’s release with its electronic vocals although still definitely a great pop song and so much fun live and one she seems to never want to get rid of on her set lists. The song received no score lower than an 8 including 2 10 scores but it was the lack of 11s that see it fail to enter the top 4 we will see shortly...

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 28 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #16
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

Sorry guys I have no idea why but I wrote in my listening there were 16 songs so got the numbers wrong and am editing it correct now, sorry again about this

Update: done smile.gif

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Oct 30 2019, 04:35 PM
Post #17
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

4. Funeral avg score- 9.4

In 4th and just short of the top 3 is Euro-pop ballad of the decade Funeral. I’m so so happy with how this has done here as I’d say it’s my favourite on the album as you can see from my 11 score but for it to get another 11 from PearlyGirl is exceptional as well! The song is a stirring electric ballad with haunting lyrics and a powerful chorus that proves she’s quite the belter. For this to have done better than so many of the singles is quite a surprise really, would you have predicted it to be this high? Funeral leaving means we lose all of our non-singles and remain with 3 massive hits left.

What will place where? Comment below

Ain’t My Fault
Lush Life
Symphony (with Clean Bandit)

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Nov 3 2019, 11:46 AM
Post #18
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

3. Ain’t My Fault avg score- 9.6

In 3rd place we have the almighty Ain’t My Fault. The song was an instant fave by critics and fans alike featuring Zara rapping and that undeniably brilliant middle eight and some stellar vocals. The video I think is also my favourite solo video of hers, so fun and infectious! The song peaked at number 13 here in the UK after an X Factor performance along with I Would Like (which went on to quite a lot better). This remains the fan favourite out of the 2 though as see it with a really impressive score of 9.6 and achieving no score lower than a 9. The video also currently has 299 million views at the moment so give it a view for that push to 300 million will you.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Nov 8 2019, 03:01 AM
Post #19
🙄

Symphony will probably win

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Nov 10 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #20
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

And at number 2 is...

2. Lush Life avg score- 9.6 (more 11s)

And with the same score as Ain’t My Fault but also gaining an 11 score is Lush Life. The song which sent Zara stratospheric! The song is 2x platinum in the U.K. and was a huge top 5 smash in 2016 after being released in June 2015. The song has tons of fans across the board for it’s breezy production and effortless and fun delivery from our Zara. The video received 2 videos, the original rather bland version and then an updated, also rather bland version, released upon the hit’s success featuring Love Island star Eyal. In the end is end up just behind our winner with a pretty much perfect score of 10 which is of course-

1. Symphony (with Clean Bandit) avg score- 10

Zara’s first and currently only U.K. number 1 is in first place here as well. Symphony finishes top here helped by dance trio Clean Bandit. The song was immediately adored by Zara fans and across the board by pop and dance fans. The impeccable vocal delivery and emotional message behind both the song and video (which has me crying buckets) sees this song take the pole position. The song is also 2x platinum here in the U.K. and remains a Zara staple.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:33 PM