BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nicki Minaj ft Drake, Chris Brown & Lil Wayne - Only, 3rd Single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
April
post 28th October 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #21
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Oct 28 2014, 03:19 PM) *
So from what I'm hearing it's the Chris Brown / Drake song that neither wanted as their song. Shes added a verse and made it her single. Another great letdown by Nicki. She really is making it too easy for Iggy.

The verses are definitely recently written because they're about her breakup with SB, which was in the news last week. The production / chorus might well have been a Drake / Chris Brown song. How is she making it easy for Iggy? At least Nicki writes her own verses!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jmmc
post 28th October 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 8,097

QUOTE(April @ Oct 28 2014, 03:57 PM) *
The verses are definitely recently written because they're about her breakup with SB, which was in the news last week. The production / chorus might well have been a Drake / Chris Brown song. How is she making it easy for Iggy? At least Nicki writes her own verses!

Excuse you, last time I got myself informed Iggy had signed a massive publishing deal based on the fact she writes all her verses and collects checks.
If anything I recall Nicki actually being the one having problems with supposed ghost writers coming forward and calling her out or whatever but let's not.

This post has been edited by jmmc: 28th October 2014, 04:58 PM

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 28th October 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #23
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

I'd say they're going for different markets anyway? Iggy is clearly going down a poppier route than Nicki.
No need for comparisons really.

+Quote this post
April
post 28th October 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #24
Group icon

I agree. Iggy is going down the pop route, whereas Nicki has been there, done that and wore the T-Shirt. She's now back to making the music she wants and pleasing her fans, not catering to a mainstream audience ("Anaconda" aside).

I don't think Iggy would release songs like "Lookin' Ass", "Chi-Raq", "Only", "Pills N Potions" and "Anaconda" personally.

QUOTE(jmmc @ Oct 28 2014, 04:57 PM) *
Excuse you, last time I got myself informed Iggy had signed a massive publishing deal based on the fact she writes all her verses and collects checks.
If anything I recall Nicki actually being the one having problems with supposed ghost writers coming forward and calling her out or whatever but let's not.

That doesn't prove anything. I recall it being Iggy who's getting called out for ghost writers, but okay.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 28th October 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Boring & forgettable.

+Quote this post
jmmc
post 28th October 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 8,097

QUOTE(April @ Oct 28 2014, 05:08 PM) *
That doesn't prove anything. I recall it being Iggy who's getting called out for ghost writers, but okay.

Who's calling Iggy out exactly? People that don't even know her personally and have never worked with her either? Trolls on the internet? Lol girl k.

And I was referring to this:
http://www.complex.com/music/2013/08/nicki...ter-accusations
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/shi-wisdom-dra...riter-interview

I don't really care about any of this, just thought it was ironic to see a Nicki fan calling Iggy out on not writing her verses for no reason just like you did when there's absolutely no real proof of it and Nicki's actually suffered the exact same criticism - and if you go online there'll prob be trolls still saying the same about her too.

This post has been edited by jmmc: 28th October 2014, 06:20 PM

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 28th October 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

The Nicki goes pop thing actually really irritated me. Her fans pre-Pink Friday wanted Bottoms Up and Monster Nicki. Yet she gave us Your Love. She chose to go pop.

This post has been edited by barbaric_dan: 28th October 2014, 10:28 PM

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 28th October 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #28
Group icon

The issue for me was that it wasn't even good pop. 'Your Love', 'Right Thru Me' and other similar ones are shite.
'Pink Friday' wasn't half as good as it could've been, especially because 'Massive Attack' was left off!

I didn't mind so much with 'Roman Reloaded' though because I actually liked the route she went down for most of that. I'd still rather a whole album like 'Monster'/'Massive Attack', but 'Starships' et al just worked.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 28th October 2014, 10:59 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

NO. Your Love is stunning! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 28th October 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #30
Group icon

+Quote this post
April
post 28th October 2014, 11:14 PM
Post #31
Group icon

Your Love is weak and limp. Especially following "Massive Attack"!

+Quote this post
April
post 28th October 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #32
Group icon

QUOTE(jmmc @ Oct 28 2014, 06:20 PM) *
Who's calling Iggy out exactly? People that don't even know her personally and have never worked with her either? Trolls on the internet? Lol girl k.

And I was referring to this:
http://www.complex.com/music/2013/08/nicki...ter-accusations
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/shi-wisdom-dra...riter-interview

I don't really care about any of this, just thought it was ironic to see a Nicki fan calling Iggy out on not writing her verses for no reason just like you did when there's absolutely no real proof of it and Nicki's actually suffered the exact same criticism - and if you go online there'll prob be trolls still saying the same about her too.

The clues in the article. It's someone trying to make it themselves making claims for publicity. Tbh I don't know why Dan dragged Iggy v Nicki into this topic. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Yes Iggy is the 'flavour of the month' but so what? Nicki is still popular and is still producing good music.

I believe Nicki's speech at BET Awards that she writes all of her own lyrics, you could see the passion in her voice. Why would she suddenly address the rumours years later if she wanted to stop criticism? It's because she does write her own lyrics. If she didn't, she wouldn't have dragged the topic up in her specch.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 28th October 2014, 11:44 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

I so wanted to love this but it is just doing nothing for me at the moment. It is just dull - what a monotonous instrumental.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 28th October 2014, 11:57 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I agree, I hope it is just a buzz single at this point. So boring.

+Quote this post
danG
post 29th October 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #35
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

It does feel like Nicki knew the song wasn't up to much so she thought 'well if I get Drizzy, Breezy and Weezy on the track then it'll sell lots no matter how good it is'

I hope it grows but the first listen didn't do much for me unlike the more instant Anaconda

+Quote this post
April
post 29th October 2014, 12:28 AM
Post #36
Group icon

There's going to be a video, so I think it's the third official single!

http://www.videostatic.com/production/2014...h-lux-davis-dir

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th October 2014, 12:32 AM
Post #37
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Hmm it's just "ok" for me at the moment. It's kind of the sort of song on the album you'd only listen to the first time when you listen all the way through and then just completely forget about it until you listen all the way through again, but you just wouldn't go back to it individually. It isn't terrible, just sooooo boring sad.gif

Hopefully it's just a US urban single or something or this is gonna do worse than Pills N Potions (in the UK anyway, the adding of features artists may work slightly in the US).

+Quote this post
jakee
post 29th October 2014, 12:43 AM
Post #38
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

it's f***ing DREADFUL

there certainly is selling out pop and staying true to your roots but it's all meaningless when the music is awful.

i can't fathom the thinking of her label? put out a single where your act only features on a third of the track? then put your record out on the 15th december so it can do even worse than it would already?

i don't see this doing particularly well in the US either, this sort of music doesn't do as well as it once did. flatlineeeeeeee.

(she must be putting out something else beforehand surely)

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 29th October 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Why did I bring Iggy into this? Let me just reference all the other female rappers out there with any current success.. Oh wait.

+Quote this post
April
post 29th October 2014, 12:09 PM
Post #40
Group icon

The iTunes HQ explicit version sounds soooo much better than that clean radio edit! I'm now sold.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:38 PM