BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> top 20(18)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jakewild
post Jan 15 2019, 03:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
rough rundown of my top 20 of 2018. not really listened to that much music this yr so its not very eclectic

absolute return to form for the queen of infectious pop. amazing album to accompany and lest she wait so long between albums again!
(deserved a better video tho)

great cut from their new album and best band in a while for me. incredible live and their output just seems to be getting better. just wish this got video treatment..

undoubtedly the year of ariana. she didn't put out a single dud in 2018 and breathin' is one of my favs. thank u, next got pretty old pretty quick but breathin' continues to grow. harping back to videos, i wish this one was better but i think compared to the previous two my standards were just set too high.

became a low key migos stan in 2018 and this one just floors me

from one of my favourite albums of the same name this song just speaks to ya. 'do it' was my absolute fav song of 2017 and this follow up did not dissapoint.

This post has been edited by jakewild: Jan 15 2019, 04:01 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jason
post Jan 15 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I've been looking for a Lasting Lover
User: 3,149
I wish Blossoms were more popular. What a great Indie band. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Jan 15 2019, 04:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)

another return to form with the prodigy delivering another banga. gives me 'take me to the hospital' vibes which is my absolute fav of theirs. 1:50 onwards sends me into the astral plane

for a start, what a VIDEO. visuals for days. tho it did take twinny chris to mention that it samples 'spirit in the sky' and now i cant unhear and i love and hate it in equal measure? yes that was a sentence

infamously had a gazillion singers recording demos for this and hearing all the ones out there maren was the best choice for certain. i never really rated zedd's output but this really grabs me and i really does go to show how the right singer and the right dj/producer makes a difference

10/10 from bøtanikkä. not sure what i voted for this in bjsc but since saving on spotify its been my go to. thanks for the amazing discovery xo

i mean there are no words for this one. let this song speak for itself <3

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Jan 15 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
QUOTE(Jason @ Jan 15 2019, 04:24 PM) *
I wish Blossoms were more popular. What a great Indie band. tongue.gif

absolutely! tom's vocals alone are melting

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 16 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
I remembered that Comeback had part of another random song at the start but had completely forgotten how weird the video itself was laugh.gif Great tune though!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 22 2019, 11:35 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Breathin' and The Middle are definitely my highlights so far, the latter really shouldn't be so great as it's generic as anything but sometimes that's all you want or need, just a great pop song that does everything so well, agreed that Maren makes it too! I'd love to hear a lot of the other versions as they're artists I love but I can't imagine anyone else singing it now.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Feb 8 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)

honourable mention to 'giving up the ghost' cos that woulda made the list too but i limited it to 1 song per artist. blossoms are my local band so i'm bound to like the songs a little bit more than i usually would but that doesn't take away from the fact that this is a 10/10 or me. i saw them at castlefield bowl just after the bombing and it was such a special moment and it cemented them as some my favs.

i absolutely adore the build up to this. i first listened to it without knowing the length time so every time i thought it had peaked it just kept surprising me.

ticks every single box. pure pop perfection. cute little video too. i was torn between sending this and 'another lover' which is great too but this is just instant.

my favourite song on the new album by a mile. it was teased in the erdem x h&m ad which is absolutely stunning and i was dying to hear a full version if there was one and luckily we got it. i do with we got a full version of the more upbeat one in the ad too but i can't be greed when the album track is so good.

this didn't really do anything for me when i first heard it but its grown into such a special song. i'm surprised im not sick of it yet cos it was (and still is) everywhere but thats its special appeal

This post has been edited by jakewild: Feb 8 2019, 01:36 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Apr 21 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Great to see Freya Ridings here! Still such a gorgeous track <3 Honey is brilliant from Robyn, wish I'd seen her live the other week, I didn't even realise she was playing in London, haven't seen her since 2008 in Brighton, she was amazing then. And Rae Morris deserves so much more success.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:18 AM