BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Best Soap ATM
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Best soap currently?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Andrew.
post Jul 1 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
What would you say is the best soap currently?

I’d definitely not be saying this a year ago but currently Hollyoaks! ohmy.gif it’s still got Kirkwood at the helm but somehow it’s the best it’s been since probably his first tenure, they have a good range of storylines going on and the acting’s definitely improved! Y’all who have quit need to give it another try ~ Friday’s E4 episode with James’s flashback was excellent, one of the best episodes of soap this year <3 James is a brilliant character really.

Coronation Street is okay but in the last few weeks it’s been so dull, like it’s not even the absence of Phelan as I hated that story by the end but nothing of importance is really happening laugh.gif Emmerdale is absolutely awful imo and on certain other soap forums that’s the general consensus, apart from the Charity storyline which is seemingly finished (?) and it’s good they’re doing Matty Barton but it’s been handled awfully, Iain MacLeod’s work this year has had no substance and has focused on mostly unlikeable characters, I know I’ve said it before but the way they’ve done the acid attack was unforgivable, and Rebecca’s mental health storyline reminds me of how Hollyoaks handled Cindy’s bipolar, borderline offensive mellow.gif I don’t watch EE regularly but I can’t get into it from what I have seen and I haven’t watched the others at all this year.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jul 1 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Pobol Y Cwm missing, what is this racism?

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 1 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Hollyoaks is definitely leading the way and fast catching up on EE in viewers.

Pobol Y Cwm is probably second. EE last.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 1 2018, 06:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Corrie's been brilliant for a while now, so much better than where it was just a few years ago. Emmerdale is pretty much always consistently good too. EastEnders on the other hand is probably the lowest it's ever been recently, a huge shame drama.gif

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post Jul 1 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961
My favourite soap ATM is the one next to the entrance of Walford East tube station. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jul 1 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jul 1 2018, 07:12 PM) *
Hollyoaks is definitely leading the way and fast catching up on EE in viewers.

Pobol Y Cwm is probably second. EE last.

Omg, you watch Pobol Y Cwm?

That’s probably my second after Neighbours on this list. I only watch those and EE, which is appallingly inconsistent at present.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Jul 1 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
Neighbours, then Corrie and ED.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Jul 1 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 1 2018, 07:11 PM) *
Pobol Y Cwm missing, what is this racism?

Fair City, the Irish soap is missing too, although I have never really watched it.

This post has been edited by The Snake: Jul 1 2018, 07:07 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 2 2018, 11:35 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
At the moment and for a few months now it has been Coronation Street followed by Emmerdale.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jul 2 2018, 12:19 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Emmerdale!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jul 14 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Coronation Street then Neighbours.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Apr 1 2019, 01:53 AM
Post #12
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Nine months on, how would your vote have changed? I ask because I’m really enjoying EE right now, I’ve never been able to watch it for long before but I’ve stuck with it since September and I’m glad! It got a bit painful around christmas/new year with the world’s most unlikeable character Hayley crammed into every episode and the 3000 fake ‘deaths’ but since Dr. Legg’s death it’s been great.

I’m not enjoying Iain MacLeod’s work at Corrie, the roof collapse was a bit of a damp squib. Block-story lining is something I’ve noticed a lot more, and I don’t know why the likes of Gemma (who is AWFUL) and Chesney are in like every episode sad.gif this has made me appreciate Kate Oates’ era there much more.

All the roof collapse did for me was highlight just how much deadwood there is in Corrie - the factory staff are all vile tbh (minus Sally) and could’ve gone without anyone really missing them (Izzy??) but they all survived while a solid character in Rana died.

I’ve just stopped watching ED after returning for a few months, they’re forcing unlikeable characters like Jessie on us, the Jacob/Maya storyline was making me really uncomfortable- it’s like they were romantizing certain scenes, and Kim is awful, I was so hopeful for her return but she’s literally a panto villain laugh.gif I know she did awful things in her original stint but she was actually nice a lot of the time, it took a lot to get her there. And isn’t her blackmailing Cain to have sex with her equivalent to statutory rape (like Phelan and Anna in CS)

I stopped watching Hollyoaks shortly after the storm last year because it got really tedious, I’ve tuned in for a few episodes since then and the likes of nuLiam (why is he suddenly a psycho? mellow.gif), Juliet and Mercedes/Sylver aren’t exactly enticing.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post Apr 1 2019, 06:29 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492
Emmerdale is my favourite by far ATM.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Apr 1 2019, 07:32 AM
Post #14
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Hollyoaks > EE > CS > ED

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Apr 1 2019, 10:46 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Easily Emmerdale

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:03 AM