BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> To the Bone, Netflix | Lily Collins & Keanu Reeves
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 20th June 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Lily Collins got raves for this at Sundance festival and it looks as though it could be very moving. We don't get many movies about eating disorders or struggles like that so I'm very interested in this. Will have to renew my Netflix subscription after exams are over.

I still have this in the opening post of the Oscars 2018 thread but with Netflix distributing and other big contenders emerging, I imagine this won't gather much support come awards season despite the good reviews.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 19th July 2017, 08:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I have mixed feelings on this but overall, I thought it was decent. As I said before, you don't see anorexia covered in many films so it was eye-opening to see how different people struggle with it as I guess I don't know all that much about eating disorders personally. However, I can see why some of the reviews are saying it almost glamorises anorexia in some ways but you're never going to be able to please everyone with a subject matter like this.

In terms of the cast, my favourite character was Luke who was lots of fun and helped bring a lot of heart to the film, he was the one that I was always drawn to on-screen. Lily Collins was very good too and you can see she put a lot into the role, she was almost unrecognisable at times and it was heart-breaking to see her in some scenes. Keanu Reeves looked completely bored though and pretty much just read his lines which was disappointing, he lacked any charm and charisma too which made him difficult to enjoy on screen...

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 19th July 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Watching this now, its good but not something that I would usually watch. I only put it on because like mentioned before there aren't that many films about eating disorders

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:24 PM