BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Allied, Brad Pitt & Marion Cotillard | 25th Nov 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Oct 6 2016, 04:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Getting a little bit of awards hype and the trailer looks pretty intense so I have high hopes for this. Both leads put in consistently great performances too so it'll be nice if they were able to get a bit more recognition this year come awards season.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Oct 26 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Saw this trailer in the cinema for the first time today

Hope it doesn't get too much attention for the wrong reasons because the movie itself looks excellent.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Oct 27 2016, 04:24 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Yes I'm very excited about it tbh...love movies with plot twist and this one seems to have one wub.gif

Marion wub.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 27 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pretty solid movie, liked the humour that came with the charade that the relationship started out as (don't think the trailer gave that away unless I didn't catch on?). Morbid ending though. sad.gif (But also selfless and not every movie can have a happy ending which I appreciate)

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Nov 28 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
I loved it, didn't feel bored in any minute wub.gif

I agree with Jahq about the ending and I was jumping from the seat when Brad tried couple of times to start that plane and he was not getting any luck with it lol that was intense .

I also want to mention that costumes were magnificent for both of them through out the whole movie wub.gif, hope that will get some notice for award season!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 28 2016, 07:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I actually thought this was really fantastic, I was hyped for it beforehand but it really managed to end up being one of my favourite films I've seen in a while (that isn't a franchise film at least). Like Jahq said, I loved the humour that came along with how they first met (and glad this wasn't spoiled in the trailers), they had such great chemistry from the outset too which made it so engaging to watch. I also loved the second half and the mystery to whether she was a spy or not, every couple of minutes I was changing my mind depending on the new evidence presented. The ending was also extremely sad and you couldn't help but feel for the character of Marianne Beausejour despite how she had betrayed her husband and family, I was really welling up during the scene of her writing the letter to her daughter. I also loved how intense the ending was, I was gripping my seat when her husband was taking so long in the jewellers and she was worried of being caught. Both the leads were utterly fantastic, especially Marion Cotillard is electric every time she is on screen, she is so incredibly watchable in pretty much all of her roles, I can't wait for what she's in next. I can understand where the negative reviews are coming from, especially the ones that criticise why Brad Pitt even had to know about the blue dye operation when it is likely he would write some other information down or nothing at all even but the story that came from that was a very enjoyable one so I had a great time watching this anyway despite the impracticalities of some parts of the plot.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 28 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
QUOTE(Josh. @ Nov 28 2016, 07:35 PM) *
Both the leads were utterly fantastic, especially Marion Cotillard is electric every time she is on screen, she is so incredibly watchable in pretty much all of her roles, I can't wait for what she's in next. I can understand where the negative reviews are coming from, especially the ones that criticise why Brad Pitt even had to know about the blue dye operation when it is likely he would write some other information down or nothing at all even but the story that came from that was a very enjoyable one so I had a great time watching this anyway despite the impracticalities of some parts of the plot.

Think I'll be giving Assassin's Creed a miss personally laugh.gif

I didn't think about what you've brought up in the last part of your post, but that's the thing and what I dislike about some critics / reviews. Not everything has to be taken at face value, just sit back and ENJOY.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 28 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Utterly shocked how much I loved this, one of the best of the year! Pitt and especially Cotillard were also excellent!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:39 AM