BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Stranger Things ● Season 1, Netflix | 15th July 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Aug 31 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Second season confirmed today by Netflix and will start in 2017
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 31 2016, 08:44 PM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Brilliant news!

Here's the announcement video: https://www.facebook.com/StrangerThingsTV/v...82869521852733/ with episode titles revealed. Nine episodes!

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Sep 10 2016, 01:06 AM
Post #23
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
been trying to pace this cos I'm loving it so much and don't want it to end. 2 eps to go and I'm already havin withdrawals 😥

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Sep 10 2016, 01:14 AM
Post #24
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
also 'nancy and barb' on the soundtrack gives me allll the feels

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 10 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
Started this today, I'm about three episodes in and absolutely hooked heart.gif I'll probably end up finishing it tonight tbh, I love Eleven so much she's defo my fave rn

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post Sep 10 2016, 04:58 PM
Post #26
Group icon
i'm massive
User: 41
This is on my already extensive Netlix list. On paper it doesn't look like anything I'd find interesting but lots of unsuspecting people from unlikely places telling me this is THE BEST THING EVER.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 10 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #27
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Okay I've just finished it, a day well spent tbh but WHY is it always my favourite that dies?! cry.gif

Tbh I didn't think it was my kind of thing in the beginning except for the whole mystery element and although I like sci-fi stuff, aliens and other dimensions etc are rarely something I enjoy but I actually did with this and it was interesting to see how it all linked in and was explained. I didn't feel like it dragged at all, from the very first episode it was suspenseful and had clear direction, plus the characters were established very well from episode one but also developed throughout which was really great. I think I say this with every Netflix show but they've really got a talent for writing their characters. I don't have any faults about this at all, it even was funny in parts with Dustin bringing the comic relief factor and that never felt forced as it can do sometimes with series' or films of this genre. I loved the nostalgic element to it as well although I don't really know why that was necessary as it would have worked being set in 2016 too, not that I'm complaining as it did add another element to it I guess laugh.gif

I cant see where they can take this using the same storyline in season two though, maybe Will isn't as recovered as he seems (he did seem a little possessed or something in that last scene unsure.gif) I was rooting for Jonathan and Nancy to end up together but I'm glad Steve was there for her in the end and showed he wasn't a knob like his friends. I thought Hopper and Joyce would end up together too, maybe that's a bit predicable though or is something for next season. I liked that this series has more of a focus on friendship tbh. I really wish they hadn't killed Eleven off though, I was really looking forward to seeing how she integrated into 'normal life' with Mike after the kind of upbringing she'd had so far but as soon as they had that cute heart to heart scene I knew they weren't going to get the kind of happy ending they were planning sleep.gif She did kind of just vanish so maybe she isn't dead and is in another dimension or something again, I guess the next season could be about finding her but that sounds a little too Marlene King and would be pretty boring going through the same storyline again tbh, I don't want to get my hopes up though :')

I'll definitely be watching the next season though! heart.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey⚙: Sep 10 2016, 06:47 PM

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Sep 10 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #28
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
QUOTE(Lindsey⚙ @ Sep 10 2016, 07:42 PM) *
Okay I've just finished it, a day well spent tbh but WHY is it always my favourite that dies?! cry.gif

Tbh I didn't think it was my kind of thing in the beginning except for the whole mystery element and although I like sci-fi stuff, aliens and other dimensions etc are rarely something I enjoy but I actually did with this and it was interesting to see how it all linked in and was explained. I didn't feel like it dragged at all, from the very first episode it was suspenseful and had clear direction, plus the characters were established very well from episode one but also developed throughout which was really great. I think I say this with every Netflix show but they've really got a talent for writing their characters. I don't have any faults about this at all, it even was funny in parts with Dustin bringing the comic relief factor and that never felt forced as it can do sometimes with series' or films of this genre. I loved the nostalgic element to it as well although I don't really know why that was necessary as it would have worked being set in 2016 too, not that I'm complaining as it did add another element to it I guess laugh.gif

I cant see where they can take this using the same storyline in season two though, maybe Will isn't as recovered as he seems (he did seem a little possessed or something in that last scene unsure.gif) I was rooting for Jonathan and Nancy to end up together but I'm glad Steve was there for her in the end and showed he wasn't a knob like his friends. I thought Hopper and Joyce would end up together too, maybe that's a bit predicable though or is something for next season. I liked that this series has more of a focus on friendship tbh. I really wish they hadn't killed Eleven off though, I was really looking forward to seeing how she integrated into 'normal life' with Mike after the kind of upbringing she'd had so far but as soon as they had that cute heart to heart scene I knew they weren't going to get the kind of happy ending they were planning sleep.gif She did kind of just vanish so maybe she isn't dead and is in another dimension or something again, I guess the next season could be about finding her but that sounds a little too Marlene King and would be pretty boring tbh, I don't want to get my hopes up though :')

I'll definitely be watching the next season though! heart.gif

Not many TV shows have me really gripped. I'd say this was the first one to truly grip me since Dexter.
I'm pretty sure she's not actually dead! Hopper leaving the Eggos in the woods at the end was at least implying she's alive? Also, lol at the Marlene King reference :') So true.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 10 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #29
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
QUOTE(Cremey @ Sep 10 2016, 07:50 PM) *
Not many TV shows have me really gripped. I'd say this was the first one to truly grip me since Dexter.
I'm pretty sure she's not actually dead! Hopper leaving the Eggos in the woods at the end was at least implying she's alive? Also, lol at the Marlene King reference :') So true.

Tbh I don't think she's dead the more I think about it! I've been watching so many interviews and reading a few theories and it seems more likely thats not the case. Some people are thinking that she could be the monster though (idk how that works) or she created it. Millie Bobby Brown is such an incredible actress though with masses of potential so I doubt they'd let her go after one season heart.gif At least we know this isn't a writing team that's gonna kill characters off or create massive plot holes for 'shock value' :')

Omg though I didn't realise that was Eggos, I thought it was a pork pie or something he took from the buffet, no wonder I was confused rotf.gif I thought he was leaving them at his daughters grave as well until I saw it was a box thing laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey⚙: Sep 10 2016, 08:33 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sep 10 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #30
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
QUOTE(Lindsey⚙ @ Sep 10 2016, 07:42 PM) *
I loved the nostalgic element to it as well although I don't really know why that was necessary as it would have worked being set in 2016 too, not that I'm complaining as it did add another element to it I guess laugh.gif

Ahh I wouldn't agree with this! I'd say the time period they chose is extremely crucial in making Stranger Things so gloriously special. If all the 80s references were stripped away I feel the show would just be completely different stylistically and thematically, to its detriment, even if the general plot was the same. It just borrows so heavily from 80s pop culture, the feel of the movies & TV shows from that era, the works of Stephen King & Steven Spielberg etc, that I can't quite imagine a modern day setting lending itself very well to the story.

Hope this doesn't sound like I'm nitpicking, that's obviously just my opinion. I'm glad you enjoyed it! *.* More of BuzzJack need to watch it tbh, I've tried recommending it to a few but they're being resistant (maybe I'm underselling it, idk laugh.gif )... they don't know what they're missing though cry.gif!

P.S. #justice4Barb #inBarbwetrust #whatwouldBarbdo :')

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 10 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #31
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
omg Barb needs her own spin-off show

I did love the 80s setting don't get me wrong! tbh a lot of the references probably went over my head but I did defo get that Stand By Me/E.T/Goonies feel about it. Maybe I wouldn't have loved it as much had it been modern idk I guess what I was trying to say is the story itself is one that would translate well across different time periods laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Sep 11 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #32
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Yeah Eleven definitely isn't dead, but I think she will be missing for a couple of episodes.

Pumped for Season 2 - they start shooting next month!

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Sep 11 2016, 08:02 PM
Post #33
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
finished. exhausted. emotional.

perfect finish to it. the feels when the theme started playing at the end my god

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Sep 11 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #34
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
So glad to see so many new fans of this *.* Coming to be the next big thing.

(It wouldn't surprise me if Barb or any of the dead characters are still alive somewhere, Eleven for sure still is)

+Quote this post
p a v
post Sep 13 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #35
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Barb be dead tho. it's been pretty much confirmed sad.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Sep 13 2016, 01:27 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Yes, it would be some stretch to bring her back after the scenes in the upside down where she was clearly dead.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Sep 13 2016, 01:34 PM
Post #37
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
(is there an easy way to uncover spoilers on an iPhone?) ((apart from copy and pasting into google which is a ballache))

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Sep 13 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #38
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
(I tend to just click quote under their post and read it that way)

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Sep 13 2016, 02:54 PM
Post #39
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
O didn't think of that! ta

+Quote this post
p a v
post Sep 13 2016, 07:57 PM
Post #40
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
I do the same thing haha

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:26 AM