BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pokemon: Gen 1 Rate Results
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Defaze
post Yesterday, 01:52 AM
Post #61
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dexton @ Feb 17 2019, 01:53 PM) *
Mew rightfully ahead of Mewtwo, although wtf at Eevee being lower than Flareon AND Jolteon??? Vaporeon is the only Gen 1 Eeveelution worth using

I wouldn't say that. Jolteon has always been on par with Vaporeon competitively, if not better. Flareon is admittedly tragic though.

A massive lol at Eevee crashing out. I used to be a fan, but the incessant shoving down our throats 20+ years after its inception is just bizarre. It really doesn't have the range to be fronting a mainline game. And the fact that it can't evolve in LGPE when that's its entire gimmick is beyond tragic. Leafeon remains iconic though.

Speaking of icons, Jigglypuff beating out the 'mascots' is hilarious to see. I don't really use her ingame but she's insanely fun to play as in Smash.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Post #62
you have no idea what I'm capable of!
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

Eevee is best! Shouldn't be that low. I know it's meant to be adorable but that doesn't matter, it categorically is.

31 Butterfree 7.625
32 Vaporeon 7.542
33 Exeggutor 7.500
34 Machamp 7.458
35 Bellsprout 7.458
36 Weepinbell 7.458
37 Ponyta 7.458
38 Slowbro 7.458
39 Snorlax 7.458
40 Nidoqueen 7.417

Nidoqueen loses out quite dramatically against Nidoking, which is still to come, which seems weird, are we NOT a forum full of gays? basil.gif It starts off the top 40 as a satisfyingly powerful end to the Nidogirl line.

Directly ahead of it, are two of the sleepiest Pokémon in the generation. Snorlax is famous for being incredibly big, bulky and most of all THICC, making him an absolute tank of a beast in whatever Pokémon game you play, I get the feeling his offensive power isn't quite as strong to make up for that but he's a Pokémon I've rarely used for fighting - big heavy things have never been my preferred gaming style - so don't quote me on that. Slowbro on the other hand is a Pokémon that has raised lots of philosophical questions. It evolves from Slowpoke when a Shellder bites its tail, causing the Slowpoke to stand up on its hind legs, psychically link itself to the Shellder, gets controlled by it when it bites harder and they both... become one entity? It's a little weird and the result is lower than its unevolved form, but much higher than the Shellder.

Ponies are awesome. Ponies on fire are approximately 20% more awesome, as the small Ponyta proves by being so high up. In a generation filled with strong fire types, if you aren't especially attached to ponies then it might go a little underrated but it's done so well here that we can count that as a victory.

Bellsprout, the incredible dancing tulip flower, and its evolved form Weepinbell land at the same score. Not quite as high as the final form but it just shows how much of a strong evolution line it is - and they work wonders in the games, if you haven't got a strong Grass Pokémon by the time you reach Bellsprouts I consider it a must have, because by then you're about to go up against a lot of Water Pokémon and it blows through them.

Machamp, one of the most primo fighting Pokémon, also got the same score. I've always found it a little scary, four arms and a weird reptilian face, but a very very effective ATK stat makes him one of the best.

Another in the incredibly weird concept Pokémon is Exeggutor. Now this isn't the frankly hilarious Alolan forms, but even the standard version, evolving from eggs into an egg-faced walking palm tree... it's memorable at least. Also another one for incredibly high stats - this time all around. I've started looking at Pokémon stats writing this commentary and I fear the wormhole this could drag me into.

Finally, two of the best Pokémon in this batch of 10 round it off. Vaporeon, my personal favourite of the Gen 1 Eeevelutions, is pretty excellent for a Water Pokemon, being tanky enough to dish it out while looking easily the coolest out of a type that doesn't have nearly as many cool-looking Pokémon as its opposite, Fire. I always call it Vape Nation in my mind, borne out of it being one of the most meta-strong Pokémon in the first few months of Pokémon Go because of its ease of obtaining and high SP compared to Jolteon/Flareon and well, nearly anything else that could be evolved for such a low evo point cost.

And then there's Butterfree. One of the first Pokémon you'll evolve fully in most games, its Psychic/Bug combination is excellent for the first couple of gyms, and getting confusion so early is lovely. It will get outclassed and I'm trying to get through this commentary without just resorting to the emotional end to 'Bye Bye Butterfree'. But it's that episode that cemented this Pokémon so loveably in the Pokémon canon, and it's always going to be considered at least respectfully if not outright loved. It's done well.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Yesterday, 11:28 AM
Post #63
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Butterfree is Bug/Flying not Psychic/Bug x

This post has been edited by Dexton: Yesterday, 11:28 AM

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Post #64
you have no idea what I'm capable of!
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

Yes but it uses Confusion which is so valuable early on and so therefore the only reason I use it is for its Psychic abilities. So not technically... but in my mind it is, especially as Psychic-moves don't interact with many types because of their raw power for game balance reasons, so it seems like... less of a type and more an ability if that makes sense.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2019 - 12:41 PM