BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Chromatica' singles, Which songs from the album do you want as future singles?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which songs from the album do you want as future singles?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 48
Guests cannot vote 
Piers
post 6th June 2020, 02:30 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

Sine From Above is the clear top on my list. First, because it's genuinely my favorite of the songs not released so far. Second, I actually think the presence of Elton John is more reason to release it. While our generation rightfully fights for representation for a lot of different people in music...ageism kinda remains this largely unaddressed thing. After 40...an artist *might* have a couple more years to have a hit....but then they're supposed to just fade away and disappear? Why? They've only lived half their life. I don't know the stats for the UK...but I'm fairly sure Cher remains the only person over 50 in America to manage a number one (in the past 50 years, anyway).

Sine From Above has a chance to at least swipe back at ageism. Elton is 73. And if anyone deserves a genuine hit, it's someone who's been an LGBT icon for literally decades.

Anyway. Other than Sine From Above...it's a bit harder to say. What I want to be a single usually leaps out at me on her albums. This time...the songs are largely on an even scale for me (not saying that's a bad thing...the songs are good). I can say this. I'm not positive it's the best single choice or not...but the chorus of Plastic Doll has been playing in my head for days.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 6th June 2020, 04:09 PM
Post #42
Group icon
User: 13,007

QUOTE(Piers @ Jun 6 2020, 03:30 PM) *
Sine From Above is the clear top on my list. First, because it's genuinely my favorite of the songs not released so far. Second, I actually think the presence of Elton John is more reason to release it. While our generation rightfully fights for representation for a lot of different people in music...ageism kinda remains this largely unaddressed thing. After 40...an artist *might* have a couple more years to have a hit....but then they're supposed to just fade away and disappear? Why? They've only lived half their life. I don't know the stats for the UK...but I'm fairly sure Cher remains the only person over 50 in America to manage a number one (in the past 50 years, anyway).

Sine From Above has a chance to at least swipe back at ageism. Elton is 73. And if anyone deserves a genuine hit, it's someone who's been an LGBT icon for literally decades.

Anyway. Other than Sine From Above...it's a bit harder to say. What I want to be a single usually leaps out at me on her albums. This time...the songs are largely on an even scale for me (not saying that's a bad thing...the songs are good). I can say this. I'm not positive it's the best single choice or not...but the chorus of Plastic Doll has been playing in my head for days.

This is a great summary! Gaga would not be the one to say that it can't be a single because of Elton's feature, but her label would :/

I'd love for it to be a single, if only because it means we would be more likely to hear it out in clubs in the future <3

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 8th June 2020, 12:37 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Poor Plastic Doll/Enigma sad.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 8th June 2020, 05:11 PM
Post #44
Group icon
User: 13,007

Official Charts are doing a poll to see what the next single should be: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/w...omatica__29925/

Maybe we need another poll that isn't multiple choice and we pick single 3? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 8th June 2020, 05:15 PM
Post #45
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

The poll results on the OCC are as I expected! I voted for Alice as I think that seems to be the most wide-appealing song not released as a single. I would also like Sine From Above for the reasons stated above as well as to get the song into the public eye!

+Quote this post
davidas
post 8th June 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 70,067

Alice/Replay/Sine from Above

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 9th June 2020, 09:53 AM
Post #47
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

The Chromatica Era

Lead Single: Stupid Love
2nd: Rain On Me (feat. Ariana Grande)
3rd: Sour Candy (feat. BLACKPINK) [Extended Single Mix]
4th: Free Woman
5th: Babylon (with remix package, including HAUS laboratories version)
6th: Sine From Above (feat. Elton John) [Radio Edit]
7th/8th: 1000 Doves (UK-Only release) / Fun Tonight (Worldwide release)

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 04:13 PM