BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> R Kelly is found guilty of all charges
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Sep 27 2021, 10:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Disgraced R Kelly has been found guilty of sex trafficking and racketeering.

It is pretty harrowing to hear what those girls, woman and men went through. I hope he rots in prison.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58714203
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Sep 27 2021, 11:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
It makes me feel sick to think that his signature single I Believe I Can Fly was one that as a young kid I would love to sing along to and think and admire the singer because I felt like they were a good person. And now… where is the puke bucket… sick2.gif

I assume his back catalogue will be removed from all streaming platforms unless it already was prior to today.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Sep 27 2021, 11:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Its a harrowing and sickening story and he should never be let out of jail, i would also assume all his music will/is removed from all platforms.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 27 2021, 11:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
This one really stings because I loved his songs, but now... I feel sick just even thinking about how much I (used) to enjoy them. Some of them I would even consider some of my favourite songs. V similar to some Lost Prophets stuff too...

Absolutely vile human. May he rot in piss.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post Sep 28 2021, 09:37 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
Wow I never realised the extent of what he did, bloomin heck.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 28 2021, 10:34 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Exactly what everyone else has said. What he's been involved with has been shocking, and deserves to go away for life for what he did

QUOTE(awardinary @ Sep 28 2021, 12:04 AM) *
I assume his back catalogue will be removed from all streaming platforms unless it already was prior to today.

Spotify & other streaming services still have his music on the service, as well as Lostprophets & Gary Glitter, other artists who have been involved in reprehensive activities, so I can't imagine his music will be taken off - even worse, if the case of Lostprophets is to go by, his sales will probably have a slight boost as a result of the press surrounding the case. Although now there is absolutely no excuse for his music to be included on editorially edited services, such as Spotify's own playlists.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Sep 28 2021, 12:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I don't really have anything to say aside from GOOD.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Sep 28 2021, 01:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
Filth!

He should spend life in Polsmoor prison in Cape Town. To think this has carried on so long is horrendous. People should have clocked he was a predator ages ago when he illegally married Aaliyah when she was 15

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Sep 28 2021, 02:14 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
It's sickening to think how much his team enabled him! Wouldn't have happened to the extent it did if those around him had said no. Everyone was just in fear of losing their job instead of helping those having their lives ruined by him! Good to see him away and will avoid his music from now on where I might've listened to him. Main one for me is that Bump N Grind 2014 remix by Waze & Odyssey that's on my gym playlist.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 28 2021, 03:02 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Finally! What a vile man.

I don't believe he can fly his way out of this one.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Sep 28 2021, 03:31 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(k👠th @ Sep 28 2021, 02:40 PM) *
Filth!

He should spend life in Polsmoor prison in Cape Town. To think this has carried on so long is horrendous. People should have clocked he was a predator ages ago when he illegally married Aaliyah when she was 15

It was blatantly obvious what he was when he married Aaliyah, and the US prosecution system taking no action led to all of these cases - presumably on the grounds that Aaliyah was guilty of getting a fake birth certificate for poor innocent R.Kelly who had no idea thanks to her and her parents and school and family and friends, none of whom told him that she was underage when she was gifted a successful recording career, marriage, and tragic early death. "Age Ain't Nuthin' But a Number" pretty much is a mission statement for R. Kelly. I mean, you don't accidentally marry and control the business affairs of a minor without checking facts first....

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Sep 28 2021, 04:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
A really sick and harrowing case. It's sad how long he got away with everything. I know his star is no longer as big as it once was for a lot of very obvious reasons, but go back 10-15 years and he was absolutely massive. Crazy how much power he had within the industry that probably led him to thinking he was untouchable. So many victims throughout everything and so sad he was enabled to continue his crimes throughout his career.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Sep 28 2021, 04:26 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Wouldn't someone has said something when Age Ain't Nothing But A Number came out??

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Sep 28 2021, 05:08 PM
Post #14
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Glad his victims have gotten justice. It's sickening how long this took, though unsurprising given he was clearly too big at the time to take down. Needs to be a life sentence to justify all this.

He had a fair few classic songs, but I can't say I was ever massively invested in him and certainly won't be giving him any more of my time.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Sep 28 2021, 05:29 PM
Post #15
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
Can't really add much other than to say: about bloody time. I remember in 2003 when “Ignition (Remix)” was massive and I first became aware of 'the tape' - pretty disgusting - not just that but the complicit nature of the time, the jokey comments from people and an acceptance of it without cancelling him and his music. It's the main reason that I've never really enjoyed that single despite it clearly being a great record, I know it is possible to separate art from music when looking back but, at the time- just what were people thinking in 2003?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Sep 28 2021, 07:21 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
I think it was a prevailing "oh Urban male stars are right lads" as if being youngish, rich, a bit creative and good-looking makes it semi OK, but if you're fat and old it's not. He was never that great as an artist, way over-rated throughout his entire career, 3 top 10's in my charts, and Ignition was always a bit of a dirge, just like his I Can Believe, You Are Not Alone and a host of others with a popularity that mystified me.

Re: Age Ain't Nothin' But A Number, Aaliyah had been performing with Gladys Knight when she was 11 so her age wasn't exactly an industry secret and it just looked like Kelly was giving a prodigious young talent an early break, being the great generous bloke he was as King of New Jack Swing. The lyrics though, make it sound as if she's the one doing the chasing of an older man so that's all fine then, and the marriage to R Kelly just a personal choice and career mis-manage. Critics all loved her "maturity" on the album and "sultry" and adult nature of the sound and themes. They might have been less gushing if they'd known Kelly was shagging her. Maybe.

I guess one man's "but she's only 15!" is another man's "she was asking for it cos she acts older and it's what she wanted"...

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Oct 3 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Looking back I didn’t realise he was huge for so long - had his first top 75 hit in 1992 and last as recently as 2014!

+Quote this post
Smint
post Oct 8 2021, 01:36 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
Makes Lady Gaga's collaboration and the horrific video she recorded with him and Terry Richardson even worse. What was she thinking?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 8 2021, 01:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
When Lady Gaga LITERALLY recalled EVERY copy of 'ARTPOP', removed that track from every CD/vinyl album, and has already acknowledged and spoken about the entire thing...

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jun 29 2022, 08:34 PM
Post #20
Group icon
R. Kelly has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for using his celebrity status to sexually abuse children and women.

The R&B artist, 55, was convicted last September in New York of racketeering and sex trafficking crimes.

He had faced years of allegations and the judge on Wednesday said he had an "indifference to human suffering"

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:28 AM