BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter's EOY 2018, NOW STARTED - FIRST 40 UP
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post Jan 7 2019, 03:31 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

Breathin is my far my favourite of your countdown so far wub.gif It's a huge contender for my #1 song of the year.

I do quite like Blue Lights but it never quite hit me in the same way that Let Me Down did.

You have reminded me that I still need to listen to Weezer's Africa cover. I keep forgetting to do so. :lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
M˙rtleSnow
post Jan 12 2019, 02:03 AM
Post #22
sounds about white
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

70) ANTONIA - HOTEL LOUNGE

2018 peak: #3

This section kicks off with a BJSC-er from earlier in the year for me, the Romanian Antonia! She seems to be pushing for an Era Istrefi type career with big visuals. Her entry for me, Tango, is still to come; this one was a fab discovery too if a little more basic.

69) RAE SREMMURD, JUICY J - POWERGLIDE

2018 peak: #1

One of two #1s for the produer-rapper duo this year. This is a very pop crossover R&B tune, probably the biggest crossover on their album SR3MM. I've been a lowkey fan since their first collab with Nicki Minaj (5 years ago now??? wtf), still rising stars imo.

68) BLAKEY - FUTURE SKIES

2018 peak: #13

A nice discovery through collaborator JONES who I've been a fan of for some years now. One to watch in 2019. One of the few solo males to really jam with me this year. Fans of Bright Light Bright Light or Lostboycrow might enjoy this.

67) PINK - SECRETS

2018 peak: #4

The first of two for Pink in this countdown and indeed in this section. Released as a while-touring single it didn't do much on the charts anywhere in the world but returned her to my top 5, the 4th such track from her latest album.

66) MY INDIGO - MY INDIGO

2018 peak: #5

Another solid BJSC discovery from one of my favourite nations AND a metal singer branching out into an indietronica solo project. 100% up my street.

65) TAYLOR SWIFT, ED SHEERAN, FUTURE - END GAME

2018 peak: #9

An unusual flop by the standards of the names involved here worldwide, just another step in the weird era that was Reputation for Taylor. This is very replayable though. Her third (and to date, final) top ten single from the era for me, following LWYMMD (also #9) and #1 Call It What You Want.

64) THOM YORKE - SUSPIRIUM

2018 peak: #3

Absolutely gorgeous track from the soundtrack and theatrical version of the remake to one of my favourite ever films, Suspiria! Gutted I wasn't able to see it while it was in cinemas due to a chest infection last autumn, but I can't wait for the DVD/streaming release. The whole soundtrack is well worth checking out; perfectly witchy and ethereal.

63) PINK - BETTER LIFE

And our second slice of Pink now; possibly her last charter from the era, the eighth track to date for me to chart from Beautiful Trauma. After playing a few of the album's ballads through autumn and early winter I realised I'd slept on this one and its positive, upbeat vibe was very energizing after my illness and as a hopeful look to 2019. It's a slightly leftfield step for Pink too with a slight oldschool R&B vibe, really nice to see a wee branch out at this stage of her career.

62) KREWELLA - BAD LIAR

Another #1; and the second track for Krewella in this year's countdown, the female DJ duo really came back with a bang in 2018 and coming into 2019 too. The great slightly throwback dub inspired drop really makes this song and helped it stand out among the even-further-throwback dance which dominated at least dance pop this year.

61) CHARLI XCX - FOCUS

And finally for this section, it's Charli baby with her first #1 for me since starting her career. This was an absolutely perfect cross of pop and her now-signature PC music style and an instant hit for me. Very catchy. All I want from her now in 2019 is another Carly Rae collab, deliver pls queen! Next section coming this weekend too maybe, please comment if you have thoughts! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2019 - 10:37 AM