BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Better Man • Robbie Williams Biopic (2024)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Laura130262
post 5th April 2021, 11:13 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Apr 5 2021, 06:32 PM) *
Watched a documentary on Netflix about Taylor Swift ( Miss Americano ) , it was very interesting & gave insight into the world of music, media, fans . I see she is in a relationship now which is really nice, she talked about where for many years she had nobody ( apart from her Mum ) to talk about her success , worries , getting older etc , it reminded me of Robbie & how lucky he was to have found somebody like Ayda , it must make such a difference in his life, one he probably never envisaged happening

He's very lucky to have found her - the huge positive of his going into rehab and taking three years out. happy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 6th April 2021, 08:57 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Apr 6 2021, 12:13 AM) *
He's very lucky to have found her - the huge positive of his going into rehab and taking three years out. happy.gif

Absolutely agree Laura , life has to be hugely positive now

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 16th April 2021, 04:15 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

This does sound interesting, it will be interesting hearing the new recorded versions of his songs and I guess the soundtrack will be another upcoming Robbie album, I am losing track of all that he has coming up laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 16th April 2021, 11:21 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Tombo @ Apr 16 2021, 05:15 PM) *
This does sound interesting, it will be interesting hearing the new recorded versions of his songs and I guess the soundtrack will be another upcoming Robbie album, I am losing track of all that he has coming up laugh.gif

He does have a lot in the pipeline - hope it won't be too long before he can unveil some of it cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 14th May 2021, 01:49 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Pink and Robbie Williams reveal all in up-close films by The Greatest Showman director
By BAZ BAMIGBOYE FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 02:02, 14 May 2021 | UPDATED: 02:13, 14 May 2021

Interesting article here .. I wonder if they would use Artiificial Intelligence software for the de-aging process in Robbies Biopic like they did in the film The Irishman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...n-director.html

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 14th May 2021, 11:49 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I wonder what that means?

I don't think it means he will be playing himself in straight acting - but what do they mean by using imagery? And surreal?

It sounds intriguing.

I can imagine the monkey - as in Me and My Monkey and how his face morphed into the monkey in the TTC tour.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 15th May 2021, 05:59 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

He teased that the film will be “surreal” and “a bit like a fever dream”, while confirming the 47-year-old singer’s tracks will be “re-contextualised” and re-recorded.

Principal cinematography is set to start in Australia in the beginning of 2022.
smile.gif

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/celebr...mself-in-biopic

Sounds interesting ....

'fever dream', does that remind us of Tripping ..all beginning with a dream unsure.gif

I an looking forward to it now, let's hope nothing is delayed further by the CV

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 22nd May 2021, 02:56 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams biopic ‘Better Man’ will give his songs the ‘Rocketman’ treatment
Williams' long-term songwriter Guy Chambers says his songs will be "reimagined" in the fantastical biopic

By
Nick Reilly
21st May 2021

The forthcoming Robbie Williams biopic will “reimagine” the pop icon’s seminal hits, his songwriter and close friend Guy Chambers has said.

Better Man is being helmed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey and will tell the story of Williams’ rise to global fame.

Speaking exclusively to NME, Chambers explained that the new project will see Williams’ hits undergo a dramatic reinvention – similar to the big-screen treatment received by Elton John‘s music in 2019 biopic Rocketman.

“I know Michael Gracey who is directing it, and he’s a bit of a genius,” said Chambers.

“The only thing I know about it so far is that the songs will be reimagined in the film, I do know that. It’s going to be a bit like they did with the Elton biopic.”

As well as the new take on Williams’ music, the film is also set to take on an altogether stranger concept – the singer will be reimagined as a CGI monkey.

Reports from Deadline in March claimed that the fantastical approach will see Gracey showing Williams as a CGI animal rather than being depicted by an IRL actor.

In a separate interview with the outlet published a week prior (February 22), Gracey did not reveal anything about the portrayal, other than it will be done “in a really original way”.

Chambers, meanwhile, was speaking to NME to promote his ‘Song Studies’ sessions on MusicGurus, which sees him delivering a masterclass to budding songwriters and revealing the secrets behind some of his biggest hits.

“I just want to go through why the songs work and how the melodies are shaped in songs such as ‘Angels’, ‘Feel’ and ‘No Regrets’,” Chambers said of the project.

“I’m going through them in quite a bit of detail, in a way I ordinarily wouldn’t in an interview. This is the most in-detail masterclass I’ve ever done, and it gives me a chance to get into the original recordings, and show people how they work.”

https://www.nme.com/news/film/robbie-willia...eatment-2945970

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 22nd May 2021, 11:51 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Can't wait to hear more about the film as and when we can. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 17th June 2021, 12:56 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

EXCLUSIVE: Robbie Williams biopic Better Man to be filmed in Melbourne as part of '$80 million deal' to inject money into Australia's film industry

Principal cinematography set to begin in the first three months of 2022.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...X5_IyMZxKyTi8Vw

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 17th June 2021, 11:38 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jun 17 2021, 01:56 PM) *
EXCLUSIVE: Robbie Williams biopic Better Man to be filmed in Melbourne as part of '$80 million deal' to inject money into Australia's film industry

Principal cinematography set to begin in the first three months of 2022.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...X5_IyMZxKyTi8Vw

At last! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 6th July 2021, 06:29 AM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

“If I was a stick of rock and you broke me it would say Stoke-on-Trent.”

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-...illiams-5614068

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 2nd December 2021, 11:28 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams biopic to be filmed in Victoria

Robbie Williams, Roundhouse, London (Apple Music Festival) by Drew de F Fawkes.

Victoria will soon be home to the new Robbie Williams biopic Better Man when it begins shooting early next year, generating thousands of opportunities for local creatives in the process.

Better Man - which is said to be one of the largest movies ever to be filmed in Victoria - will shoot at Docklands Studios Melbourne, and is backed by both the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments.

The State Government says the production will create around 2,200 local jobs, including 14 heads of departments, 80 visual effects practitioners and 220 crew.

In addition, there will be more than 2,700 extras needed, and work will be created for an estimated 300 local businesses and service providers.

Directed and co-written by Victorian filmmaker Michael Gracey, Better Man will offer an introspective look into the experiences that shaped the pop star who got his start in boyband Take That.

Victorian Minister for Creative Industries Danny Pearson said the film will build on other internationally acclaimed productions in the state.

“Victoria has a long history of celebrated contributions to the global film industry and Better Man will further showcase our world-class talent, crew and locations,” Pearson said.

“Supported as part of our VICSCREEN strategy, this project will create thousands of jobs for Victorians while delivering economic benefits right across the state.”

Commonwealth Minister for Arts Paul Fletcher said the production cements Victoria’s reputation as a filmmaking hub.

“The decision to film Better Man in Victoria is a great testament to the enduring status of Australia as a destination for large scale film productions as a result of our talented creatives, skilled crews and exceptional facilities - supported by the Morrison Government’s attractive financial support for the film industry – including the 40 per cent Producer Offset for Australian feature films,” Fletcher said.

Off the back of international successes including Clickbait and La Brea, Better Man was attracted through the new Victorian Screen Incentive and will reinforce the state’s position in the industry.

Better Man director Michael Gracey said Melbourne was the perfect place to make the film.

“To tell Robbie William’s beautiful, distinct story, back home, in my own city, is a dream come true,” Gracey said.

“There is a creative energy that burns across the Melbourne film industry, and I know this movie will thrive here.”

The star the movie is based on, Robbie Williams, said filming in Melbourne was an ideal location.

"I'm so excited I am making this movie in Victoria with my friend Michael Gracey,” Williams said.

https://www.businessnewsaustralia.com/artic...n-victoria.html

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 3rd December 2021, 12:20 AM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Brilliant that it's moving ahead cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 9th December 2021, 06:55 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Will this concept appeal to folk I wonder , he has used the monkey theme many times before as background graphics to his stage shows so there may be some truth in it unsure.gif

“The only thing I know about it so far is that the songs will be reimagined,” he told NME at the time. “I do know that. It’s going to be a bit like they did with the Elton biopic.”

As well as the new take on Williams’ music, the film is also set to take on an altogether stranger concept – the singer will be reimagined as a CGI monkey. Reports from March claimed that the fantastical approach will see director Michael Gracey (who also helmed The Greatest Showman) taking Williams’ story to the unconventional realm of the animal kingdom.

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/film/robbie-...xt-year-3112701

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 9th December 2021, 07:00 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

But they are looking for Mark and Gary look a likes and Gallagher brother's look a like
Wouldn't they then be also animals instead of doubles?
I am a bit confused, but as this is a real movie which must cost some money I guess they have at least overthought it...

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 9th December 2021, 07:11 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Dec 9 2021, 07:00 AM) *
But they are looking for Mark and Gary look a likes and Gallagher brother's look a like
Wouldn't they then be also animals instead of doubles?
I am a bit confused, but as this is a real movie which must cost some money I guess they have at least overthought it...

I am not sure either Elisabeth, it's all guesswork at the minute unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 19th March 2022, 08:27 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Not sure how much truth is in this but I guess it's possible unsure.gif

Robbie Williams struggles to find young actor confident enough to play him in biopic. The film called Better Man is being directed by Michael Gracey - the man behind the success of The Greatest Showman, but the pair have have had casting issues

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrit...-young-26509695

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 19th March 2022, 08:50 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

I think it's just a big secret like usually new Bond's finding.

Tess, what's your choice for this role?
In the past Nick Stahl could be him, not now, of course smile.gif

Btw, there is a sold-out for the concert:
https://www.frontiertouring.com/robbiewilliams

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 19th March 2022, 09:18 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

Maybe Cameron Monaghan? He is 28 y.o. but he has the right charisma by my opinion. But maybe he could better as Rick Astley smile.gif)

Another attempt - Asa Butterfield (24). He is really similar to young Rob (by face) but not sure he's the best choice anyway.

who else?

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 02:55 PM